• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

ibcrlSiV1l0RJ3.jpg

iLZ1S3wMzv8Op.jpg

iUJMpLLfa360V.jpg

T-0800

Zombie U is really holding it's own in this thread. Great looking game and also a great game.

Killzone SF is stunning. Loved the campaign too.

forrest

formerly nacire
Loving the Strider shots! Gonna have to pick it up and relive the glory days!

It's VERY important to play the game on a decent TV.
due to the game's darkness older LCD TVs(with their inability to display black as black) are the worst choice as you literally see shit in the game.

It made me so nuts that I hooked up my WiiU to my 20 year old 32" CRT TV just to play this game.

I'm playing it on a 55 inch Panasonic Plasma and only in the evenings (late at night) with the lights off. Even under those circumstances some environments are pitch black. It makes the mechanic of having a light with a limited battery actually mean something. Granted the recharge time on the battery is laughably fast, but you can catch yourself fighting sometimes and it starts to flicker prompting an "Oh Shit!" moment!

Melchiah

It is cute how you think that the gamepad only adds the functionality of inventory.

Anyway, I really wish there was going to be a sequel.

No need for the snarky tone. That wasn't meant to belittle its part, but to say I'd like to play the game in any form.

Melchiah

... Except in the form its available.

Well, that would be pretty costly for me. As much as I'd want to play a horror game, that looks as atmospheric as Zombie U, 269€ is just too steep of an entrance fee. But that's enough about that, back to the screenshots...

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
12636617004_6677dc7441_o.png

12636291003_89c341405e_o.png

12636296093_3b95b22e11_o.png

Streaming some here if Sony is ok with it. Edit: Banned from Twitch, huh.

nbnt

12639532203_2517fed820_o.png

12639875774_586ffab9f7_o.png

12639872334_d4fbdedf0a_o.png

The game looks pretty moody at the very least. Thanks for the stream!
Yeah I like its atmosphere.
Cheers. Twitch banned me for that, but it's ok 'cause I had like 3 followers anyway lol.

zombie U has a nice filter to it ..I know i know it's trying to be atmospheric but the game is too damn dark 80% of the time to see/to savior the visuals.also the insane amount of boring/repetitive cricket bat melee makes it meh game overall
That's like saying that Mario Kart is a bad game because that's not how you drive a real kart, or that classical RE are shitty because you can't properly aim.
It's not a lie, but the game wasn't designed around that so analysing it based on that is an injustice.

The game is very good as a first person survival horror, and it's very bad if analysed as a brawler/shooter.

nbnt

@nbnt

Can you post a pic of the world map of thief 4 please ? (if allowed)
Sure, but there's no single world map AFAIK? This is where I'm right now:

12640300893_6fb032ec8f_o.png

nbnt where did you get Thief and Dream Club: Host Girls on Stage?
Dream Club is via the jpn psn store. Thief.. Well, in the middle east, stores don't care about release dates. :p

Chabbles

@nbnt

Cheers.

I thought there was one big(ish) city to explore, or something along those lines.. im nearly sure at least one of the previews mentioned something about you could go off exploring the city, looting and what not.

Rayman Legends on the PS4 using the touchpad screenshot feature. The Share functionality DEMOLISHES the quality of the images. The first two pics use that, while the rest are taken with my capture card.

Share pics

eXfrwyF.jpg

DkdUaE4.jpg

Capture Card

wFkUXBZ.jpg

w6NzPps.jpg

tkOwF40.jpg

oX0pajF.jpg

lnTg68Q.jpg

bkIth6L.jpg

rmae2K8.jpg

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Pretty sure this has been said previously but I'l reiterate it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

If you want to take the screenshots directly from the PS4 without using Facebook or Twitter:

Download the Playstation app onto your smartphone from the Play Store/App Store

Create a new PSN ID specifically for the app.

Friend request your new ID to the current one on the Playstation

Then use the PS4 to send the screenshots via a message from your PS4 account to the one on the smartphone

Then there's an option to save the image when you view it on the smartphone, do that

Then simply plug the phone into your PC/Mac and just grab the images from the phone

It's simple to do but the images are still slightly compressed. Until Sony patch a copy to USB function this is the only way you're going to get semi-decent images without a capture card (to my knowledge anyway).
The PS4 compresses all pictures it takes currently at the moment you take them so whenever/if ever the PS4 gets an update to export screenshots via USB they'll still be just as compressed via that transfer method. The method you mention though does provide the best option outside of a capture card though.

It's nice that you don't have to log into your secondary account to pull the pictures as well, you can grab them from the 'outgoing' messages on your main account via the app. :)

BeeDog

Thief has that cross-gen, ultra-sharp rendering look to it á la Source Engine/Unreal Engine (think Dishonored/Deus Ex:HR) which I'm not a fan of at all, but wow at the image quality.

Is the game any good?

Timu

The PS4 compresses all pictures it takes currently at the moment you take them so whenever/if ever the PS4 gets an update to export screenshots via USB they'll still be just as compressed via that transfer method. The method you mention though does provide the best option outside of a capture card though.

It's nice that you don't have to log into your secondary account to pull the pictures as well, you can grab them from the 'outgoing' messages on your main account via the app. :)
This is true as well, it's really noticeable when taking a screen in motion/that involves movement.

Timu

Has anyone asked YOSP if they plan on updating the share feature to higher grade captures? Honestly it's like free advertising for Sony so you'd think it's an option they would want to give us.
Would be best to have it on an external device because taking 1MB pics constantly can eat up that console hard drive quickly if you take lots of pics, definitely when it comes to me, lol.

forrest

formerly nacire
Rayman looks really great! Such a nice art style. Also, I've never played a Thief game, but from what I've seen of the new one, I'm getting pretty hyped for it!

So...more Thief shots please!

MilkBeard

Zombie U is really holding it's own in this thread. Great looking game and also a great game.

Killzone SF is stunning. Loved the campaign too.

It's funny, because lots of reviewers panned the graphics, and said it looked like a Wii game. I disagree, but I think it's funny. The game is definitely rough, but they did a good job modeling the city. It felt real enough.

MilkBeard

Everything I've seen of Thief so far from the PR videos and pictures make the game look subpar, and (in my opinion) ugly. But those pictures that are showing up here make the game look really good. The game also looks quite good on the stream; I can see the atmosphere and effects even through the low resolution. The earlier footage just looked bad.

forrest

formerly nacire
It's funny, because lots of reviewers panned the graphics, and said it looked like a Wii game. I disagree, but I think it's funny. The game is definitely rough, but they did a good job modeling the city. It felt real enough.

Zombie U kind of reminds me when I played through Portal 2 in that things looks decent enough overall, but upon close inspection things get pretty rough looking. The combination of lighting and post effects do a really nice job of glossing over the roughness and contributing to a comprehensive whole that it quite nice looking. It's no Crysis 3 or Killzone 4, but it decent enough for what it is.

Top Bottom