• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Timu

iUxgqCFjKrCth.png

iba1BfkT1sWnQw.png

ikjHv6jMRRyvM.png

omonimo

Banned
Is this the game that most of the "graphic's first" community of this forum can't distinguish from a Wii game in HD?
I don't think that there's a single game in the market with fur technology as advanced as this.

I suspect you don't know so much about graphic tech.

I suspect you don't know so much about graphic tech.
I think I know more than what I feel necessary to enjoy videogames, but if you don't agree with what I said then be my guest and feel free to teach me better fur technologies than this one.

psn said:
Hard to tell from a screenshot how "advanced" the fur technology is. Even COD Ghost had a good fur technology.
http://youtu.be/4zUjCPQ11YQ?t=8s
"Even?"
That's a patch exclusive of the PC version that only works on NVidia GPU's, and uses Nvidia's own technology of fur rendering. The fact that this is included in an average looking game when it comes to other factors doesn't mean that it isn't Nvidia's most advanced technique at this moment.
Furthermore, not only how it looks, but also how efficient it is is what determines if something is good technologically speaking or not.

When you comparing the two screenshots at first glance it seems that DK's fur also reacts to movement, although this is something I will confirm when I have the game on my hands:
ibxQXmp0HsnKsy.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ehuke.jpg

grimmiq

Are those official Squareoft shots?

Linked from facebook screenshots taken from my PS4. I've been playing around using M+KB and controller, scroll lock removes UI, R3 goes first person, then share for screenshots..Probably a simpler way (I know you can go first person using keyboard..I just can't remember how..) Took about 20 attempts to get a screenshot with a lightning strike in it..need to delete the others ;p.

Ombala

Linked from facebook screenshots taken from my PS4. I've been playing around using M+KB and controller, scroll lock removes UI, R3 goes first person, then share for screenshots..Probably a simpler way (I know you can go first person using keyboard..I just can't remember how..) Took about 20 attempts to get a screenshot with a lightning strike in it..need to delete the others ;p.

I was mostly thinking about that Squaresoft waterstamp in the left corner does that always happen?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Killzone has beautiful clouds.

Killzone is beautiful period, too bad I could get into the multiplayer but I did finish the single player just to see the amazing graphics. As far as graphics go for console games , Killzone is the current king, until Second Son comes out.

ReaperXL7

Does it really look that blurry on PS4 in 1080p?

No, it's sad that Sony has not allowed us to upload screenshots with a higher quality option then Facebook, or Twitter. I love the feature, but the compression of both services do allot of shots an injustice.

Rayman looks amazing, but it looked amazing before next-gen anyway.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
No, it's sad that Sony has not allowed us to upload screenshots with a higher quality option then Facebook, or Twitter. I love the feature, but the compression of both services do allot of shots an injustice.

Export the screenshots via the PlayStation app to get them less compressed (as good as it gets atm). They'll still be compressed by virtue of how the PS4 takes it's screens but they're much better than direct Twitter/Facebook uploads are.

Fermbiz

Gold Member

Fyi, I used my capture card to take the screens. When I get home, ill see if I can post up better looking screens without using the new Rayman Legends zoom in feature

Zoo tycoon xbone?
Can't speak for that game since I haven't seen it, but as I said, it's not only how well it's done, but also how efficient it is. And to be processed by the Wii U in real time at that quality...

If it isn't the absolute best, it's among the best without any doubt. And considering how many "graphics firsters" were saying this game was "the same as a Wii game but in HD" and how "it wasn't worth more than $20" because of "how bad this game is in terms of technology"...

Top Bottom