• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Melchiah

Transferred via a message.

ibpilamoi5vrtn.jpg

imGUA1mGscrqD.jpg

iufJzikOnv59Y.jpg

Can't wait to see how this part of the city looks at night.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know I'm a bit late sharing screens for this one but I've been having some difficulty uploading from my PS4. Most of my best ones haven't been uploaded yet but I thought these ones were cool and not too similar to others that have been posted.

1960907_1430928637154614_852872627_o.jpg

1617647_1430928097154668_1113912324_o.jpg

1978530_1430928013821343_525295641_o.jpg

I wish they could go back and patch in the AA from Infamous into Killzone, get rid of that dithering/dot artifact that shows up occasionally and overall sharpen it up a bit.

Yeah, Killzone is a nice looking game, but their FXAA based anti aliasing solution just sucks. Some levels look really blurry like the forest area. The tech is nice in that area, but the blur filter is just too heavy.

I agree. Second sons smaa approach is much better and doesn`t blur the picture as much.

impact

Banned
Crappy Samsung 3d non smart tv by the looks of it.
I wish the PS4 came with some kind of calibration software.

If you have a shitty TV then full range RGB probably isn't supported. It makes colors look so much better if you can, but if you turn it on with a shitty TV then you're gonna get some really bad crushed blacks. Also hook your PC up to your TV (or just use PS4 web browser) and calibrate it that way, it can make a world of difference. Maybe google the model you have + calibration settings if you're too lazy to find some good settings yourself.

And a BF4 shot. (Smoke stack in the middle was a jet till I shot down)
20140326100134dgk33.jpg

This game is so ugly. Dat sub-native resolution

Lrrr

I have a question for the people capturing Infamous:SS screens, I know the trick is to pause the game and then go back over the video and grab the capture from there, but how do you go frame-by-frame on the PS4 when viewing the video? I've tried changing the trim setting to 1 second, but it's still skipping frames. Thanks in advance.

VanWinkle

I have a question for the people capturing Infamous:SS screens, I know the trick is to pause the game and then go back over the video and grab the capture from there, but how do you go frame-by-frame on the PS4 when viewing the video? I've tried changing the trim setting to 1 second, but it's still skipping frames. Thanks in advance.

You can't do it like that. People that are doing that are using a capture card.

Crappy Samsung 3d non smart tv by the looks of it.
I wish the PS4 came with some kind of calibration software.

You don't need a smart TV for this game to look good. Is it 1080p and connected via HDMI? I would look up settings for your TV online. There are a lot of folks out there with you set (I would assume) who have calibrated theirs.

Timu

So beautiful and clean when uncompressed.o_O
ibmxKklfitV72J.png

iHp1CQL6hAQQL.png

Since I beaten the game I won't take as many pics now.

Also, dear SP, give us a no HUD option!!!

sangreal

So beautiful and clean when uncompressed.o_O
http://i4.minus.com/ibmxKklfitV72J.png
http://i4.minus.com/iHp1CQL6hAQQL.png

Since I beaten the game I won't take as many pics now.

Also, dear SP, give us a no HUD option!!!

Great shots (as usual), I really hate that the time of day is tied to story progress though. I overwrote the save (save limit in 2014? wtf) I had w/ the overcast gray rainy weather and I'm dreading starting a new game for it (late in the game you get it again, but can't move anywhere)

Second Son is a mixed bag, graphically. Faces and character models are insane, great particles, but some of the buildings look crappy, and the foliage isn't fantastic. Still, for an open world game, it looks incredibly good.

Shadow Fall and SM3DW still kings.

Second Son is a mixed bag, graphically. Faces and character models are insane, great particles, but some of the buildings look crappy, and the foliage isn't fantastic. Still, for an open world game, it looks incredibly good.

Fair enough, I think it is pretty damn consistent grpahically, and definitely more impressive overall than the two you mention.

Krisprolls

Banned

You can't be serious... SM3DW, compared to this game ? You may like its art better and it's okay, but technically, it's not even close...

Violater

You don't need a smart TV for this game to look good. Is it 1080p and connected via HDMI? I would look up settings for your TV online. There are a lot of folks out there with you set (I would assume) who have calibrated theirs.
It is 1080 and connected via HDMI.
I'll check online for a model specific setup.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

I'd have to disagree. Second son looks incredible more so than the two you mention. It's hard to look at those games after seeing second son.

aravuus

... SM3DW? I can kind of understand someone thinking KZ is better looking, but come on now.

I disagree on both though, I think SS is easily the best looking next-gen game around right now.

kinggroin

Banned
... SM3DW? I can kind of understand someone thinking KZ is better looking, but come on now.

I disagree on both though, I think SS is easily the best looking next-gen game around right now.

Yeah I don't agree with SM3DW or KZ either. I think Ryse or Crysis 3 are still kings for me personally.

Jaroof

I know there have been a lot of inFAMOUS shots.....

....here are some more inFAMOUS shots.

Bjup8YXCAAEumIi.jpg:orig

I liked this one not because of any insane texture work, but I noticed that you could see the marks on the window from the windshield wipers when you looked at this van at a certain angle. I love little details.

BjuptUuIAAA5Kri.jpg:orig

Moved the camera so the pole would be up close.

Bjuppp5IAAAdB5i.jpg:orig

eso76

Second Son is a mixed bag, graphically.

yeah, parts of it are amazing, while others are outstanding. A nice mix.

(seriously, i think it's pretty consistent, BUT yeah, some of the buildings in the distance can tend to look a bit bland and foliage, especially trees in the distance, do look a bit crappy, in fact i sometimes wish they had left trees out of the scenery entirely).

R8TEDM3

After 3 external cards i finally got a internal capture card, for some uncompressed shots! Pic's are cropped, to ged rid of the HUD!

Still not as clear as i would like it, oh well.

13444750265_a6cffc7900_h.jpg

13444752805_a2993d015e_h.jpg

13444748455_3ba61da81e_h.jpg

Krisprolls

Banned
After 3 external cards i finally got a internal capture card, for some uncompressed shots! Pic's are cropped, to ged rid of the HUD!

Still not as clear as i would like it, oh well.

Not bad, but it's really blurry compared to Second Son due to being 900p and not 1080p.

It looks really good for a 900p game though.

Top Bottom