• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Not the best looking game but decent enough. Bit disappointed in the gameplay so far. Or lack of. Nearly up to Chapter 4 and there's been maybe a few minutes of gameplay and a handful of fights :/

13447269155_e7020a2e4a_o_d.jpg

13447602894_cbb3ecccd6_o_d.jpg

13447374743_689ba2bcff_o_d.jpg

R8TEDM3

Not bad, but it's really blurry compared to Second Son due to being 900p and not 1080p.

It looks really good for a 900p game though.

Yeah, after looking at SS pic's this game is very blurry! I wish all games could use Second son's AA solution!

Getting a PS4 today, so i'll be getting in on the action!

Fair enough, I think it is pretty damn consistent grpahically, and definitely more impressive overall than the two you mention.

You can't be serious... SM3DW, compared to this game ? You may like its art better and it's okay, but technically, it's not even close...

I'd have to disagree. Second son looks incredible more so than the two you mention. It's hard to look at those games after seeing second son.

... SM3DW? I can kind of understand someone thinking KZ is better looking, but come on now.

I disagree on both though, I think SS is easily the best looking next-gen game around right now.

Yeah I don't agree with SM3DW or KZ either. I think Ryse or Crysis 3 are still kings for me personally.

Probably worth nothing that I haven't actually played SS yet, but own and have played the other two. I can imagine it's incredible-looking in motion.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Infamous is more consistent than Killzone I think but Killzone at it's peak is crazy impressive. It's too close to call and a total apples to oranges comparison as well.

This shot is crazy blurry. I don't know why but Ryse has never impressed me visually.

Gurish

About the TV discussion, do you recommend to put RGB on FULL?

Right now it's on automatic on my PS4, does it mean the PS4 detects by itself what's my TV support or is it just another word for LIMITED?

I have to admit that Infamous does not look as good as those pics you are posting on my TV, i guess maybe it's not calibrated or maybe my model is too old (it's LG LCD without 3D or smart TV that we bought in 2010 or so but it does support 1080P), but the image on my TV is a little blurry compared to those screens.

dr guildo

Second Son is a mixed bag, graphically. Faces and character models are insane, great particles, but some of the buildings look crappy, and the foliage isn't fantastic. Still, for an open world game, it looks incredibly good.

Shadow Fall and SM3DW still kings.

Don't know if I must take your post seriously concerning the buildings, but just in case it is, I totally disagree...
I have both games you mentionned and ISS, I really don't get where you want us to go with...
Some buildings ? Crappy ?! Come on, they all look perfectly realistic, and if you have found crappy buildings it's probably because IRL there are too crappy buildings, so it would be because of their design, but not for their pure assets which are definitely "next gen". Materials are properly rendered for all of them for what I saw, and heavily detailed...
For my part, I think buildings in ISS are the best I've ever seen in my player lifetime, and they are certainly what I prefer the most in term of visuals in SecondSon (after the wet effect meanwhile)...

Timu

About the TV discussion, do you recommend to put RGB on FULL?

Right now it's on automatic on my PS4, does it mean the PS4 detects by itself what's my TV support or is it just another word for LIMITED?

I have to admit that Infamous does not look as good as those pics you are posting on my TV, i guess maybe it's not calibrated or maybe my model is too old (it's LG LCD without 3D or smart TV that we bought in 2010 or so but it does support 1080P), but the image on my TV is a little blurry compared to those screens.
I prefer full over limited.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't know if I must take your post seriously concerning the buildings, but just in case it is, I totally disagree...
I have both games you mentionned and I really don't get where you want us to go with them...
Some buildings ? Crappy ?! Come on, they all look perfectly realistic, and if you have found crappy buildings it's probably because IRL there are too crappy buildings, so it would be because of their design, but not for their pure assets which are definitely "next gen". Materials are properly rendered for all of them for what I saw, and heavily detailed...
For my part, I think buildings in ISS are the best I've ever seen in my player lifetime, and they are certainly what I prefer the most in term of visuals in SecondSon (after the wet effect meanwhile)...
I think he is referring to buildings effected by LOD like the ones in this image:

Dyne

A statue of Lenin in Seattle? I thought Americans hated communism?!

It's in Fremont Village. Sucker Punch loves their details. I can't seem to find the story online but some dude while travelling found it partially buried and it's eventually settled in Fremont. Too expensive to move again so it stays.

Also great Second Son shots everyone. They make me crave a PS4.

phanphare

Banned
Second Son is a mixed bag, graphically. Faces and character models are insane, great particles, but some of the buildings look crappy, and the foliage isn't fantastic. Still, for an open world game, it looks incredibly good.

Shadow Fall and SM3DW still kings.

I agree about the mixed bad thing for Infamous. I'm not well versed in the more technical aspects of this stuff but some of the Infamous shots look uneven to me. I can't put my finger on it...idk. it's like there's a juxtaposition of super detailed stuff, like the characters and their clothes, and the less-detailed things like the cars, trees, buildings, etc. it still looks great to me though

honestly the two most impressive games in this thread for me personally are Ryse and Nintendo Land, surprisingly enough

and Wind Waker ;)

If you force FULL and your display doesn't support it, you'll get crushed blacks and over contrasted images. I'll try to post an example in a sec...

13450473055_89906983c2_o_d.jpg

13450469155_5628ea73e1_o_d.jpg

^ like the last two shots

BjhVVujIMAE6KGU.jpg:orig

^realtime puddle reflection (pedestrians are mirrored when walking by)

have to correct myself on this one. after playing some more and some closer observation it becomes pretty clear that building reflections are merely cubemaps. that gets pretty obvious when you watch shop signs dislocating under different angles. stuff on the street (mailboxes) and NPCs are reflected correctly though.

dr guildo

Thanks DemonCleaner, it motivates a lot to see people appreciating your work !
This game deserves its surname of "moving bullshot". Really stunning graphics !
Almost one week with it, and I haven't even cleared three blocks. Too busy contemplating scenes and taking screenshots (over 400 already!!). PS4 is definitely a beast !

"Hey Link, see you in Smash Bros. sometime soon!"

jbtIMHgS97TsZ1.jpg

Sonic: the blue blur, the fastest thing alive... but can he outrun the Cucco?

j7wXIrLsjaBwV.jpg

Something about that Link stare...

joOknRWIh6apB.jpg

nOoblet16

have to correct myself on this one. after playing some more and some closer observation it becomes pretty clear that building reflections are merely cubemaps. that gets pretty obvious when you watch shop signs dislocating under different angles. stuff on the street (mailboxes) and NPCs are reflected correctly though.

It's a mix of both, the neon signs use SSR but the building itself uses cubemaps which makes sense considering you can't get the whole building on screen at once which means the area out of screen space won't get reflected and hence would look strange.

chadboban

"Hey Link, see you in Smash Bros. sometime soon!"

jbtIMHgS97TsZ1.jpg

Sonic: the blue blur, the fastest thing alive... but can he outrun the Cucco?

j7wXIrLsjaBwV.jpg

Something about that Link stare...

joOknRWIh6apB.jpg

You know how to take 720p shots, right? Or I'm guessing you were playing off TV and didn't have the game running on the big screen.

If you're not sure how to take 720p shots there's steps on how to do it in the OP of this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688391

Coolwhip

Banned
You can't be serious... SM3DW, compared to this game ? You may like its art better and it's okay, but technically, it's not even close...

3D World has a lock 60 fps, so it trumps SS!

I wish Nintendo didn't cheap out on hardware, EAD would annihalate the competition on equal hardware.

Replicant

3D World has a lock 60 fps, so it trumps SS!

I wish Nintendo didn't cheap out on hardware, EAD would annihalate the competition on equal hardware.

What a pathetic argument to use in screenshot thread. Graphically, SM3DW is not even comparable to anything PS4/Xbone can put out.

As for that 2nd wishful thinking, HA!

plank

I hate graphic wars. I know this has been said countless times but can't we just enjoy the games for what they are?

Anyone got Dynasty Warriors 8 on PS4 and fancy taking some shots? I've gotta wait for the EU release next week and wanna see how many dudes they're throwing on screen at once now.

R8TEDM3

Question to PS4 owners using capture cards...what's the best HDMI splitter that removes HDCP protection?

Thanks in advance.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Question to PS4 owners using capture cards...what's the best HDMI splitter that removes HDCP protection?

Thanks in advance.

Won't matter soon. The next update is getting rid of HDCP during gameplay.

EDarkness

This thread is actually about the graphics, though.

But people are arguing about something something that is totally subjective. There's really no point in that. What looks great some one person looks like ass to another. Arguing about the details is a futile gesture at best because it's those details that make up the scene in the first place. If people like the look of SMG over Second Son, then what would be the point of even arguing about their taste? That's like arguing over whether or not Melville is better than Rice. There's really no future in it.

But people are arguing about something something that is totally subjective. There's really no point in that. What looks great some one person looks like ass to another. Arguing about the details is a futile gesture at best because it's those details that make up the scene in the first place. If people like the look of SMG over Second Son, then what would be the point of even arguing about their taste? That's like arguing over whether or not Melville is better than Rice. There's really no future in it.

Just don't worry about it at all and keep posting.

This thread is about taking great screen captures on whatever game you're playing. It's actually not about graphics at all... It's about screenshots. Big difference. So just ignore the bullshit and keep on postin' :)

Top Bottom