• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

These photo mode pictures are literally making other games look terrible in comparison.

Every game really does need to implement something similar.

It's practically free advertising.

Infamous looks great but I thought I'd add some FFXIV love to this thread. Ul'Dah shots!

ibxe3vickuIjbi.jpg

ibu2kkJ9D5qwku.jpg

iLFOM7GHESpN8.jpg

Oh no photomode looks too good. you guys have to stop posting in this section because people will think I:ss is a good looking game./s

Let the haters hate, keep em I:SS photo mode shots rolling. There is a huge difference between Forza 5 photo mode and this. The IQ and detail in I:SS photo mode is pretty much what you get in game, that's remotely not the case in jaggy fest 5.

Really uncalled for responses. The guy was just making a suggestion based on his opinion, and he did so in a calm, and measured way as well.

VanWinkle

Just for anybody wondering or unsure, here is Infamous Second Son, one with photo mode on, and one during gameplay, just to show for sure that they aren't doing anything to improve the IQ. I'm not sure which is which or I'd tell you, lol. Like always, sorry about bad Facebook compression.

10257411_10154029559810626_3569473462061172066_o.jpg

10272475_10154029559505626_3034590376691338541_o.jpg

It's not how it looks while playing. That's not a really difficult concept to grasp, is it (not meant in an agrressive tone by the way)?
And i'm not trying to downplay how the game looks. I've played the game, it looks fanfreakingtastic. What i'm slightly worried about is that people will get the wrong impression of how the game looks while playing.
There is a great thread that shows what awesome things can be done with photomode in Infamous. I think there is also a thread for photomode in racing games like Forza.

I just think this thread would benefit from keeping it purely vanilla gameplay. Or maybe there should be a disclaimer warning viewers that the particular set of images is in photomode... But i'd opt for a vanilla gamplay only thread.
Just my opinion.

Tell me this is a joke post? ...you can NOT be serious? ...as stated by many other posters, there aren't any added technical visual effects aside from adjusting DOF. I really don't see how any of the shots posted are misinformative in ANY WAY.

...I still can't get over this post. It's amazing.

Edit: holy shit, thank you vanwinkle.

Tell me this is a joke post? ...you can NOT be serious? ...as stated by many other posters, there aren't any added technical visual effects aside from adjusting DOF. I really don't see how any of the shots posted are misinformative in ANY WAY.

Yup this is precisely what I have been trying to point out. The comparisons to Forza 5 photo mode are off base and duplicitous.

Just for anybody wondering or unsure, here is Infamous Second Son, one with photo mode on, and one during gameplay, just to show for sure that they aren't doing anything to improve the IQ.
I don't think anyone said they were.

Maybe read better.
I'll try to explain ONE more time in the most reasonable way i can (cause there is no agenda towards any console or game here).

Photomode in Infamous is AWESOME. I wish this feature will make it in any game possible. I have a great deal of fun with it. Like i had in Zelda and other games.
BUT: i look in this thread to see how the literally game looks while playing the game.
Adding DoF and even changing the perspective is not how it looks while you play the game. It has nothing to do with technical enhancements (like in Forza). What i was opting for, as merely a suggestion, is to keep this particular thread limited to just screenshots that were made while just playing the game. So without different perspective, viewpoint, enhancements, colourgrades, etc. Not because i don't like it. But just to keep the thread as pure as possible. There are dedicated photomode threads.
I, and i think others, look at this thread to maybe help decide the game they will buy. They might get confused how the game actually looks.

Again. Not a big deal in any way, untill people start to react sensitive to a question that wasn't merely a suggestion for this thread ;p.

I hope you understand what i mean now. It is in no way a big deal.

Yup this is precisely what I have been trying to point out. The comparisons to Forza 5 photo mode are off base and duplicitous.
That's because you don't read. Everybody here in this thread knows Forza adds AA and stuff to make the game look BETTER than it actually does.
We all know Infamous doesn't that's not the point though.

Anyway, just putting "photomode" above the post is a simple and good solution maybe.

....I, and i think others, look at this thread to maybe help decide the game they will buy. They might get confused how the game actually looks.

While i did get your point from the first post, i find this reasoning rather strange. You (people) really buy games based on screenshots and then you are dissapointed if those screenshots didn't represent how the game is perceived 90% of the time playing it yourself? I'm a graphics whore myself but damn, not on that level!

While i did get your point from the first post, i find this reasoning rather strange. You (people) really buy games based on screenshots and then you are dissapointed if those screenshots didn't represent how the game is perceived 90% of the time playing it yourself? I'm a graphics whore myself but damn, not on that level!
No it's not just graphics. But it helps decide. Environments, characters, etc. I bought Zelda HD because this thread helped me decide for instance.
But sure, i'm a graphics whore :p, no doubt.
But i think a lot of others, like lurkers might also look at this thread for extra decision making purposes.

A very smug one

e:
smiley_smug.gif

I disagree

I don't even get why the photo mode warrants its own thread. This one does just fine.

How do I play this?
ik1GdIujZEQCM.jpg

This is a very beautiful artistic interpretation of the game but not something I would call a Screenshot in the original meaning of this thread. Keep posting them, in the other thread.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
We really should keep photomode and regular Screenshots separated.
In games like Gran Turismo and Forza, I agree. Where the visuals get a massive boost and are not representative of in-game visuals. Infamous isn't like them, it just gives you a free camera and control over the dof (plus instagram filters that I never use). Just because it's not from the gameplay perspective doesn't mean it's not representative of the game. Take a look at the PC screenshots thread, it's full of people using free cam (via Cheat Engine or other methods).

Well if they aren't separated then this whole thread would be filled only with ISS shots and all other people posting shots of different games would go ignored.

Honestly apart from this I have no idea why people are getting worked up over it. The same stuff happens in the PC screenshots thread and nobody seems to care. This is not augmented in any way (the IQ is pretty much the same), it reveals several details which artists went to great pains to create and which people miss noticing. In the I:SS photomode thread I saw in a photo that the smoke melee attack actually shatters the DUP grunts' visors, its something you never take heed of in the normal course of play.

aravuus

Well if they aren't separated then this whole thread would be filled only with ISS shots and all other people posting shots of different games would go ignored.

Possibly true, although while the photo mode produces some great looking shots, I'm guessing the interest is going to die down quickly.

Different definitions for screenshot, I guess. I'm fine with everything that's in-engine - even Forza or GT photo mode shots.

How do I play this?

You can't play during cut-scenes either, are those off-limits in your opinion too?

Top Bottom