• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Possibly true, although while the photo mode produces some great looking shots, I'm guessing the interest is going to die down quickly.

Different definitions for screenshot, I guess. I'm fine with everything that's in-engine - even Forza or GT photo mode shots.

You can't play during cut-scenes either, are those off-limits in your opinion too?

If we had 20 pages of cutscenes only, then yes, absolutely.

Theecliff

Banned
How do I play this?
ik1GdIujZEQCM.jpg

This is a very beautiful artistic interpretation of the game but not something I would call a Screenshot in the original meaning of this thread. Keep posting them, in the other thread.
Really? Even in ignoring all the recent InFamous photo mode shots, there have been plenty of shots in this thread that by your definition, you can't 'play', and so therefore shouldn't be in here. You can't play cutscenes or panoramas. Hell, I'm pretty sure there have been plenty close ups of textures and models for games like Killzone and Ryse in here as well, which you also can't 'play'.

If you have a problem with people posting InFamous shots because they're from a photo mode then that's a different issue in of itself and is already being discussed. But I think it's stupid to say we shouldn't be allowed to post shots that you can't 'play' in reaction to all these new photo mode shots because not only is it pointlessly restrictive, but it also retroactively renders most of this thread, and others like it, 'wrong' as well.

The OP doesn't actually specify that the screenshots have to be taken in the act of actually 'playing' the game, and plenty of people in this thread haven't interpreted it as such. Why should there be strict rules like that? Someone sees something beautiful in a game, and they want to take a picture of it. It's the same for every screenshot thread and isn't a problem in any of those.

Why should there be strict rules like that? .

They don't have to be. it was merely a suggestion.
Nothing to get emotional about. Let's end this cause it's like we are murdering someones firstborn child now.

I'd appreciate the words "photomode" above images that were taken in that mode.
That's a simple solution, right?

Theecliff

Banned
They don't have to be. it was merely a suggestion.
Nothing to get emotional about. Let's end this cause it's like we are murdering someones firstborn child now.

I'd appreciate the words "photomode" above images that were taken in that mode.
That's a simple solution, right?
Well yeah, people should probably specify.

Quite a few people are actually already mentioning if their shots are from photo mode though.

How do I play this?
ik1GdIujZEQCM.jpg

This is a very beautiful artistic interpretation of the game but not something I would call a Screenshot in the original meaning of this thread. Keep posting them, in the other thread.

The problem you get now is people thinking any abnormal looking shot is art.

Seriously, you are joking with that pic right?

Chunky polys, bad focus, terrible colour, just a mess. Plus, it could be from any game in the world, you'd never know.

Theecliff

Banned
Since everyone in here seems to be posting InFamous photo mode screens and everyone else is arguing over them I'd thought I'd mix it up with a few shots of Cerny's true masterpiece.

13952577545_ca7e14a111_o.jpg

13953036114_2e8c296608_o.jpg

13929470051_615d987923_o.jpg

It's funny, you have to put in a bit effort to make Knack look good for screenshots whereas you have to put in effort to make InFamous actually look bad :p

Edit: Rehosted to Flickr.

Gbraga

I think the problem is not the photo mode itself, but the lack of more games. I don't think the thread will be all about inFAMOUS when we have things like Quantum Break, The Order and The Last of Us, even with photo mode. Right now the thread will be nothing but Second Son because there's nothing but Second Son.

Caayn

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0143612_zpscaa7cc4b.jpg

WiiU_screenshot_TV_014369_zps022e93fa.jpg

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0143611_zpse54e6045.jpg

I think the problem is not the photo mode itself, but the lack of more games. I don't think the thread will be all about inFAMOUS when we have things like Quantum Break, The Order and The Last of Us, even with photo mode. Right now the thread will be nothing but Second Son because there's nothing but Second Son.
I love how posts such as this completely ignore other titles such as Killzone, Ryse, Wind Waker, etc.
Just for anybody wondering or unsure, here is Infamous Second Son, one with photo mode on, and one during gameplay, just to show for sure that they aren't doing anything to improve the IQ. I'm not sure which is which or I'd tell you, lol. Like always, sorry about bad Facebook compression.
False, photomode completely turned that woman on the right into a man.

I think there will always be more PS4 shots in here than the other two consoles simply because:

1. There's no native XBONE screenshot function
2. It's a much longer process to take screenshots on Wii U.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think there will always be more PS4 shots in here than the other two consoles simply because:

1. There's no native XBONE screenshot function
2. It's a much longer process to take screenshots on Wii U.

xbone doesnt have a screenshot function.. didnt even know that

Caayn

xbone doesnt have a screenshot function.. didnt even know that
It's the main reason why there are so few Xbox One screenshots and people who post Xbox One shots in this thread ;) I'd post those too but I don't own a capture card, nor do I plan on buying one.

Easy_G

I greatly prefer it, and I owned a GBA. I'm not a huge sucker for blown up pixel art though. I think that looks worse.

Out of curiosity, could you post a comparison. I just replayed Fusion on GBA last weekend and would be very interested in the differences.

Caayn

Moar, please. I am most impressed with this because it is a remake of Gamecube game and still manages to hold it's own like this. Truly amazing.
Wind Waker is amazing, will post more shots tomorrow. And maybe someone else will join.
It's a shame that the WiiU screenshot feature only allows us to make them at 720p and for some reason some of my shots are extremely blurry.
Wind waker Link = Best Link
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0143616_zpsb0555179.jpg

But they're so worth it.=O
If they were cheaper I'd interested, the (for example) Elgato Game Capture HD is $250 were I live. And I've got other priorities ;) I'll live off of your uncompressed shots Timu :D

Timu

If they were cheaper I'd interested, the (for example) Elgato Game Capture HD is $250 were I live. And I've got other priorities ;) I'll live off of your uncompressed shots Timu :D
Get the Avermedia Broadcaster HD, it's cheaper as well and guarantees you uncompressed shots. Thanks as well!!!

mrJared

Banned
So non-gameplay screenshots are a thing now. Funny... Couple pages back, no one had an issue with the Non gameplay Forza screens...but of course now there's an issue after Infamous took over.

Jeez guys, we didn't even make it to GT 7 before you started waiving the white flag.

Top Bottom