• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Constantine |OT| Exorcist, Demonologist, Petty Dabbler in the Dark Arts-Fridays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Is John Constantine a wisecrack in the comics, or is he the more serious type like Keanu Reeves' portrayal?
The answer:
04.jpg

tumblr_ndxov4Dw5N1qawys3o1_1280.png

tumblr_nd3rk1F9vs1ssxc9vo1_1280.jpg

Zoe

Gonna be hard not to compare this to the movie :(

Girl looks like a young Jennifer Connelly though.

Maddocks

I loved it. Thought it went to a great place and never let up. Tone and pace I liked. Even had a few jump scares, that was nice. Def watching this one.

Tabby

I loved it. Thought it went to a great place and never let up. Tone and pace I liked. Even had a few jump scares, that was nice. Def watching this one.

Same. I think it helped that I went into it not expecting much after seeing some of the reviews but it was enjoyable.

Yeah this will be a weekly watch. Completely forgot that he voiced Kenway :lol

Absolutely cannot unhear it.

Also, really liked the Doctor Fate nod right there.

Effect

That rain scene from the preview plays out a lot better then it looked like it would. Explains why he looked dry. Good scene. Love the Dr. Fate helmet showing up.

hey guys, had no time to watch the show yet but i´m really looking forward to it. I loved the Reeves Movie but never read the comics. Found these Collections on Amazon. Would that be a good way to start reading hellblazer? I think the first issue was called original sins.
Please enlighten me.

nynt9

Great first episode.

Is this a part of the DC TV Universe? Aka can we expect Arrow/Flash/Gotham/whatever crossovers? It's on a different network but I don't know if that stops it from happening.

edit: maybe I should read the OP

Magwik

Banned
Don't remember the demon taking John's appearance in the leaked pilot
Is this a part of the DC TV Universe? Aka can we expect Arrow/Flash/Gotham/whatever crossovers? It's on a different network but I don't know if that stops it from happening.

Different universe

Penguin

Yeah like the whole last segment after the break from different from the pilot. Clearly

Since went in a different direction

But don't even remember the hands on fire scene

Mashing

That was extremely rough around the edges, but it has promise. The pace of the pilot was insane. The special effects were really bad.

That was extremely rough around the edges, but it has promise. The pace of the pilot was insane. The special effects were really bad.

Nah. For a network tv show they were good, especially considering the fact that the show is very effects heavy. It's not going to have Game of Thrones budget.

Penguin

It was always gonna be the roughest one

Having to establish multiple characters, the setting, the stakes, the sides, etc

And then we kind of get to do it all over again next week!

I knew it was a DC property but had never read Hellblazer back in the day. So jumping in blind I thought it was pretty good. I didn't get any of the easter eggs so they didn't have an effect on me. I'll give it a chance, for sure. It is a little jarring they decided to keep this pilot and not shoot a new one given that's not the actress they're going with.

Penguin

I knew it was a DC property but had never read Hellblazer back in the day. So jumping in blind I thought it was pretty good. I didn't get any of the easter eggs so they didn't have an effect on me. I'll give it a chance, for sure. It is a little jarring they decided to keep this pilot and not shoot a new one given that's not the actress they're going with.

Probably figured it was easier/cheaper to just refilm a single scene.

Sets up he lives a dangerous life

Effect

Pilots always get graded on a curve or should be due to all the setup they have to do. However I did enjoy it a good deal. More so then the Gotham pilot and I'm really enjoying that now. So really looking forward to seeing what Constantine is like in the coming weeks.

Probably figured it was easier/cheaper to just refilm a single scene.

Sets up he lives a dangerous life

Also if they want to reintroduce the character later but with a different actress they can since she was only in a single episode. Better to keep the door open with that option then removing the character altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom