• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra 4 official site live

chemicals

I'm gonna go out on a limb and be the only hater.. so here goes, I'll say what I have to say and I won't visit this thread again. Sorry in advance.

Contra 4 is automatically gay because it's a DS game.

Enk

makes good threads.
chemicals said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and be the only hater.. so here goes, I'll say what I have to say and I won't visit this thread again. Sorry in advance.

Wel it's good to see Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection is still working. Now let's continue discussing how this game is the manliest game coming out this year! I can't believe this is coming out the same day as Galaxy, my wallet is going to hurt so bad but my eyes and brain are going to feel soooo good next week!

Tim-E

chemicals said:

(neutral) chemicals
Banned
(Today, 08:29 PM)
Reply | Quote

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
chemicals said:

I'm still trying to figure out what americans have against the DS. Can anyone help me?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Gay does not mean stupid or bad or whatever. I would assume no one on this forum would say "Yo, that game is so n-word" "This game sucks cause DS is n-word" so please refrain from using gay as an adjective meaning bad.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sp0rsk said:
Gay does not mean stupid or bad or whatever. I would assume no one on this forum would say "Yo, that game is so n-word" "This game sucks cause DS is n-word" so please refrain from using gay as an adjective meaning bad.
You know, it's funny. I think there must be a large group of people that use the word "gay" ONLY to mean "bad," without even calling homosexuals "gay."

Enk

makes good threads.
You know, it's funny. I think there must be a large group of people that use the word "gay" ONLY to mean "bad," without even calling homosexuals "gay."

Quite true. Living in the US, it pains me to see how poorly the English language gets used. At least in GAF we have the swift hammer of justice. Thank you mods for helping keep our manly game thread clean!

Scenester

thanks ;)

Im at work so Im not going to a noisy Contra site... but Im gonna check it when I get home. I am honestly getting a boner in anticipation. I expect to preorder the game after visiting the official site.

I really, really enjoyed the SNES Contra....Contra III I think. Anyways, I haven't played a Contra game in YEARS, but I may give this one a shot after the reviews come in. I'm hope it turns out well!

Johnas

Gamecocks625 said:
I really, really enjoyed the SNES Contra....Contra III I think. Anyways, I haven't played a Contra game in YEARS, but I may give this one a shot after the reviews come in. I'm hope it turns out well!

This game looks to combine the very best from the original Contra (NES) and Contra III (SNES), with a few new twists thrown in, but nothing too jarring. Should be awesomeness, I wouldn't expect too many 10s but 8.5 to 9 seems reasonable. I think it was Nintendo Power that gave it an 8.5.

Without having played it, it definitely looks and sounds like Contra.

Johnas said:
This game looks to combine the very best from the original Contra (NES) and Contra III (SNES), with a few new twists thrown in, but nothing too jarring. Should be awesomeness, I wouldn't expect too many 10s but 8.5 to 9 seems reasonable. I think it was Nintendo Power that gave it an 8.5.

Without having played it, it definitely looks and sounds like Contra.

Actually, I just remembered. Isn't there a demo of Contra 4 at various DS Download Stations? I will have to check that out.

headbanging.gif

Avrum

I'm 23 years old and can't grow jack for facial hair save for a dinky moustache.

After looking at this site, I noticed that a goatee is starting to form and hairs are beginning to sprout on my chest.

Avrum said:
I'm 23 years old and can't grow jack for facial hair save for a dinky moustache.

After looking at this site, I noticed that a goatee is starting to form and hairs are beginning to sprout on my chest.

You win at manhood.

ethelred

Avrum said:

Lucky. I have to shave twice a day to remain completely clean shaven.

thetrin said:
I'm still trying to figure out what americans have against the DS. Can anyone help me?

Sure! I am a helpful fellow.

• shitty graphics
• gimmicky gameplay
• poor sound quality
• destroying the FPS industry with non-games
• it's by Nintendo
• it doesn't have any good games
• it's stealing excellent games (DQ9, Contra, Ninja Gaiden, FF4, Sonic RPG) that should be on other systems

Does this help?

Deku

Banned
WOW, the bonus content is staggeringly amazing :) Unlockable 8 bit games, gallery, characters, digital comic and an interview with series creator.

Nice treat.

Fady K

Whats with the system trolling? Whatever system its on, it certainly looks like the Contra we all grew to love. Bring it on.

I've been spoiled by awesome/wanky midi-grade metal and explosions for every menu transition. Browsing the internet will never be the same again.

Johnas

Where are the reviews for this game? Only one I see is Nintendo Power at the moment.

Gamestop has the ship date as the 13th, so I guess in-store would be Wednesday. I was hoping to pick it up alongside Galaxy.

NotMSRP said:
Am sad because no bonus gift as previously promised.

Considering how many bonus gifts are actually included in the game, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I looked though all that fluff that came with the last DS Castlevania once and then put it in a drawer, never to be seen again. Sure, it would have been nice to get an artbook or something, but I'd take NES Contra and Super C being unlockable in-game over that any day.

TreIII

ThirstyFly said:
Considering how many bonus gifts are actually included in the game, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I looked though all that fluff that came with the last DS Castlevania once and then put it in a drawer, never to be seen again. Sure, it would have been nice to get an artbook or something, but I'd take NES Contra and Super C being unlockable in-game over that any day.

You speak the truth. The bonuses in C4 quite simply, "blow away" a good number of the supposed things that make up a number of other pre-order bonuses on the spot.

To me, the only thing that they could have stood to do was add in FF4-DS's Sound Test play, such that you can set it to play pretty much non-stop, whether you have your DS open or not. That's hot, and I would have really appreciated such a thing in C4, so that I could rock to Virt's remixes whenever I please.

That website just pisses testosterone.

I don't know if you guys remember that Simpson's episode, where Bart and Milhouse are playing that game "Blood Storm." And you see the kids go all amazed and hear all these explosions and shit and Bart goes "Man, and that was just the opening credits!"

I want this game to be like that.

Burli

Pringo
ethelred said:
Lucky. I have to shave twice a day to remain completely clean shaven.

Sure! I am a helpful fellow.

• shitty graphics
• gimmicky gameplay
• poor sound quality
• destroying the FPS industry with non-games
• it's by Nintendo
• it doesn't have any good games
• it's stealing excellent games (DQ9, Contra, Ninja Gaiden, FF4, Sonic RPG) that should be on other systems

Does this help?

Joke post amirite?

Hyuck Hyuck

Johnas

needlesmcgirk said:
So no review yet? In stores today?

Looks like today's the ship date, so in-store tomorrow probably. I'm gonna check on it when I pick up Galaxy later, I was really hoping to grab both in one trip.

I'm not sure what the deal is with reviews, I wish skip or somebody would maybe indicate why none have been put out there yet (besides NP).

haha, that review gets me so pumped for this game, however too many spoilers. I have to say though, that guy must really suck at Contra.

By the way, believe me or not, I have beaten the original NES Contra without dying. I only achieved this once, and it was tough. I can beat it anytime though without the 30 lives code or continues.

minus_273

Banned

one upon a time gay meant happy. Language evolves based on use. Not much you can do to change it (other than filter). Gay does mean stupid to a lot of people the same way it means happy to others.

never mind:
Сrushed
Banned
(11-06-2007, 09:07 PM)
Reply | Quote

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It sounds like WayForward really nailed the Contra spirit. Hopefully, this sells well, and Konami will give WayForward the money to do another Shantae game. Remember that one? :D

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
fingers crossed i can snag this at t.r.us when i get mario galaxy today. can't wait to play through and unlock all the content

I'll bet you have to beat the game on Hard to unlock something. I think that will be hard as hell to do. I know I couldn't do it on 1 player on Super Contra 3. I think I did it with two player, but had to use continues.

Top Bottom