• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Official PC Requirements: Your 1080Ti's / 2080's better be ready folks

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
rDcHhp3.jpg

Remedy only knows for which framerate / GFX settings exactly these specs targeted at. But it sure as hell better be for 1440p 60 all maxed.

Ray trace me if old.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
From the creators of Quantum Break comes another potential mess of an unoptimized pc port.
Very true. Only with 1080Ti native 1080p 60 is achievable without temporal image reconstruction technique. I haven't played the game on my current Z390 high-end build yet, but with 4790K paired with 1080Ti and 16GB of RAM native 1080p 60 all maxed was achievable no problem which I can confirm. But... I know many will not agree with me on this, but in this situation and with such cool and unique visuals, overall GFX quality etc.... I do think that such high requirements are absolutely justified and Quantum Break is one of the very few games in regard to which I can say this, hands down one of the best looking games of current generation along with Arkham Knight on PC.

how the fuck do you make a game of all interiors with that level of cpu recommendation, remedy what are you doing
giphy.gif

Good question.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
"The industry needs another Crysis"
There's no need for another Crysis cuz original game till this day and 12 years later bringing high-end systems to their knees :messenger_smirking:

so it should at least support 9xx cards on PC
And it supports them.... in a form of 980Ti and if 6GB VRAM is the minimum this game needs, but we don't know for which frame rate, screen resolution and settings yet, by knowing Remedy my guess is.... 1080p 30 FPS with a mix of high and medium settings.

Last edited:
There was a video posted somewhere with raytracing on which I'm assuming was playing on a 2080TI I think and it had like the worst framerate you can imagine, below 30's as well. I'm pretty sure this will run like hot garbage.

Edit: found it but doesnt say what PC specs they are using but I can only imagine they dont have a weak ass PC

Based on Quantum Break I highly advise anyone getting this on PC to wait until benchmarks pop up.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Pretty hefty but I'm guessing those max requirements aren't for 1080p. I hope my 6700k and 1070 will run it nicely at that though.

Last edited:

lukilladog

Those requirements can´t be justified, it´s a console game... base requirement should be a gtx 1050 for steady and smooth gameplay.

Kenpachii

xbox one just tabbed the power of the cloud.

Original xbox as powerful as 1080 gtx confirmed.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The forever bulge on PC specs.

Hey PC gamers, got a question coming from a console worm like myself.

Assuming the avg game's medium or max setting gets you a good performing game on a recommended system spec, in your opinion in the past 5 or 10 years, CPU/GPU/Ram has increased a lot. But have graphics/physics/AI improved the same fold?

Or have games no doubt been better, but seems like lots of wasted PC specs (PC spec overkill for what you get)?

Last edited:

scalman

And then in reality as allways you lower some settings and youll be fine on 1060 , or not and it will be garbage pc port again.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Damn, my CPU is below recommended spec now.

Will wait for the eventual Steam/GOG release (unless I lose all hype by then).

Leonidas

Good to see Remedy continuing to push graphics to new heights :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
DF comparisons between base consoles, enhanced consoles and PC could be interesting...

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
How can the minimum PC specs be so high then?
Cuz Remedy (or whoever porting the game to PC) don't give a crap about optimisation for PC platform.

PS. I forgot to mention that I've meant DX11 version of Quantum Break and not shitty AF MS Store and DX12 only version of this game.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

This game is launching on Xbox One and PS4 right?

How can the minimum PC specs be so high then?
They either don't care about people who are comfortable with the idea of playing on lower settings or, and that's sadly more likely, it's going to be horribly optimized even with Ray Tracing turned off.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Can't compare with consoles as optimization is different. Play the game before judging it.

I won't be buying a game that is shit optimized.

They give me a half decent product and i will buy it. Sorry aint supporting broken products.

And yes you can compare it really easily.

They are not the only devs in town that port console games to pc. If a base ps4 and xbox one can run this game, there is absolute zero need for those minimum specs. There is nothing in the trailers that even remotely needs this hardware to function.

unless they give us some complete next gen experience over console versions. But honestly nothing in the footage looks remotely needing that.

There recommend 1080 ti requirement is even more of a joke.

Last edited:

fermcr

Absurd!

Remedy apparently didn't put much work on the PC version of the game....Epic store exclusive deal have something to do with it?

Last edited:
Absurd!

Remedy apparently didn't put much work on the PC version of the game....Epic store exclusive deal have something to do with it?

Would make sense since there is no way besides forums/metacritic to voice their opinions about the port on Epic Store. Just "buy it and deal with it suckas". Of course this is just an opinion, there could still be doing optimizations up until release but we know how this industry works don't we? It'll probably run good in a year or so when it launches on Steam.

Those sure are interesting requirements. I wonder what fps the "minimum for ray-tracing" = 2060 is targeting? If its 60 then all the other requirements don't make sense at all. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
What resolution and frame rate is the "recommended" spec for? Without that info the spec list is pointless.

Maybe they're using the same engine "tricks" they used with QB, like... image gets rendered 4 times or some other bullshit, otherwise the GPU requirements make absolutely no sense. I'll wait and see where this goes, so far it looks bad in terms of optimization.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Console is becoming a much more attractive proposition, you can either buy a gpu for 500dollars that will be outdated in 2 years OR buy a console that lasts 8-9years.

nkarafo

Isn't that game going to be on base consoles? So why do you need a PC three times as powerful just to run it?

According to those specs i shouldn't even be able to run this with my older gen i5 4670 which is far more powerful than whatever the XBOX one X has.

Last edited:
Top Bottom