• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Convering Hyper Neo Geo 64 driving mobo to run on a home wheel / pedal - why arcade collecting is a headache!

VGEsoterica

Anyone else here into arcade collecting? I absolutely love adding boards to my collection, but compared to console and PC gaming, holy crap it's a massive headache.

I've been working on getting the Hyper 64 driving games up and running for a month. This is the first in a series I am doing on it, so that if someone else decides to do it in the future hopefully it will be easier for them!

I have games booting, but the schematic is missing the correct pinout for the I/O pcb connectors, so I have to probe each pin and determine what hooks up where for controls. Mine is missing an extension wiring harness, and the schematic is only helpful for that harness...never tells you where the wires go into the actual PCB itself.

I need to collect easier crap to work with lol

marquimvfs

Good work! If you need some help with the electronics part, please, do not hesitate to contact me, it's my line of work (although directed to hospital equipment.
Games are more of a hobby). I have a little collection of boards and neogeo carts, but my stuff is much more common compared to yours.

VGEsoterica

Good work! If you need some help with the electronics part, please, do not hesitate to contact me, it's my line of work (although directed to hospital equipment.
Games are more of a hobby). I have a little collection of boards and neogeo carts, but my stuff is much more common compared to yours.

appreciate the offer. If I have any questions I’ll give you a shout :)

marquimvfs

If you are into coding, you could use an Arduino to convert the encoder for use with the board. But finding another wheel is waaay easier. Hopefully you will manage to find one with Force Feedback to reproduce the effects from the arcade cabinet.

SpiceRacz

Cool shit. Subscribed to your channel.

I've only seen one Neo Geo 64 cabinet (SamSho64) in my life. I don't even recall seeing one at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Chicago.

Top Bottom