• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coro Coro to reveal new Pokémon- Magiana

Delio

So StreetsAhead pointed this out

Magiana

Gia in Magiana could mean Gear (ギア) Note: ギア is used as Gear in Klink, Klang and Klinklang's names

Magiana could also be a play on the Latin word, Machina which means Machine

There's then this scene in the movie trailer

Maybe a Steel/Fairy? I might just be getting thrown off by the dress looking bottom.

takriel

Yes. I think it's too early for a new gen, and there's still a lot more they can do with Kalos.
I don't understand this. Why is it too early? If you think that they may be rushing out a new gen, then sure, you've got a valid point. But it's been three years since gen 6 started.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't understand this. Why is it too early? If you think that they may be rushing out a new gen, then sure, you've got a valid point. But it's been three years since gen 6 started.

And Kalos still has more to offer.

And again as Joe stated revealing new mons doesn't instantly mean next game = next gen.

JoeM86

Because we still have

3 unused moves coded in
1 unused form coded in
1 Mythical yet to be distributed
4 forms revealed but not coded in
1 Ash-Greninja

They never don't use things like this.

Crayolan

It's been 2 years and 4 months.

And all the best pokemon games are the 2nd versions, why would you want them to start skipping over those? If Emerald, Platinum, BW2, etc never existed neither would the huge postgames people are wishing for. Z has a much higher chance of being good than a new pair of gen 7 games, IMO.

Because we still have

3 unused moves coded in
1 unused form coded in
4 forms revealed but not coded in
1 Ash-Greninja

They never don't use things like this.

what moves are those again?

and yeah i still think kalos is getting another game

Machina. Deus ex. Machines.

God from the machine.

493-steel.svg

JoeM86

what moves are those again?

and yeah i still think kalos is getting another game

Thousand Arrows - a Zygarde signature move (you can see the hexagons). Ground-type, hits Flying-type Pokémon.
Thousand Waves - a Zygarde signature move (you can see the hexagons). Ground-type, prevents opponents from fleeing
Light of Ruin - Fairy-type, Eternal Floette's signature move

Flowmoney

I wish the tease had some hype to it , like a Dragon Eevee or a Fighting Eevee with trait to stand up. Silhouette screams "I'm like the cute Pokemon that you've seen 10+ times".

We are absolutely getting some flavor of Pokemon Z - if we don't, the anime and Tretta become bizarrely orphaned, and there's just no way they're doing all this Zygarde stuff in the anime without an accompanying game tie-in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a "6.5" generation of some sort, with a few new extra Pokemon to help keep people invested. ORAS was already a "6.25" in that it has a few features, even in the multiplayer, that can only be activated between ORAS cards and not in a XY/ORAS crossover battle (megas etc) so a somewhat more radical ZX-ZY game revision isn't impossible.

Really looking forward to coming reveals on Pokemon Day. Feels like we've been groping for news for a while now.

So StreetsAhead pointed this out

Magiana

Gia in Magiana could mean Gear (ギア) Note: ギア is used as Gear in Klink, Klang and Klinklang's names

Magiana could also be a play on the Latin word, Machina which means Machine

There's then this scene in the movie trailer
Between this, and Volcanion's steam motif... Steampunk-heavy movie?

Man.

Zelias

Banned
Could you elaborate on the bolded?
The unused form coded in is
Eternal Floette aka AZ's immortal Floette.

The announced forms not coded in are
Zygarde's alternate forms.

EDIT: Beaten like a red-headed stepchild by the man himself, heh.

Neoxon

Don't be so sure.

Ho-Oh, Togepi, Donphan, Snubbull, Marill, Slowking and Ampharos were revealed before Yellow

Munchlax was revealed before Emerald.

There's precedent for there to still be new current-gen games despite new Pokémon.
Z's still on the table.

Flowmoney

I wish they would do generation 6 sequel and 7 in one game. Generation 2 we explored new world and went to old one. I would like to explore new world in later half of game this time around.

So a Z announcement on the 27th seems pretty likely. I think Z will be the last 3DS Pokemon game, with gen 7 coming on the NX handheld.

End of May release please so I can buy it before I'm going on holiday. Thanks.

ash_ag

I wish they would do generation 6 sequel and 7 in one game. Generation 2 we explored new world and went to old one. I would like to explore new world in later half of game this time around.

If Gen 7 stays on 3DS, meaning the engine and the aesthetic aren't revised significantly, Kalos would be very easy to port over. The feature would work as an excellent selling point, and it's been a while since we got a Pokémon game with major plot links to a previous storyline. The only problem is that this really raises the bar and creates expectations Game Freak might not want to have to consistently satisfy.

What are the chances they just do a Pokemon Z and add more Pokemon onto Gen VI, rather than releasing a Gen VII game this year? I feel like that's going to happen, and we get Gen 7 in 2017/2018.

Top Bottom