• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coro Coro to reveal new Pokémon- Magiana

ash_ag

Let me just stop you there.

If you're on the next-game-is-Gen 7 camp, you indirectly agree with the assertion that it's going to be on 3DS. They aren't going to reveal a game for an unannounced platform. :p
Besides, it's not really a crazy thought in a world where Black and White released on DS, and their sequels remained there even after 3DS had launched.

Granted, it could be on both. The engine looks scaleable (especially when it comes to battles), and this strategy would be great for both the short and the long term.

SoulUnison

Banned
Spacious Pearl

hqdefault.jpg

Pachimari

So what's the history on a brand new Pokemon being revealed in relation to new entry/generation releases Joe? Really seemed like Z was going to hit with things like the Zygarde forms. A new generation would be surprising.
What are these Zygarde forms? Are these the Mega forms?

Eh. Didn't gen 5 release after 3DS ? Can't remember
Also 3DS only had one gen, while GB and DS had 2 each

Only in the West, and that was a very particular set of circumstances where you had a console that sold a huge amount of hardware, and an unexpectedly large amount of Pokémon software as well. The 3DS is neither of those things.

The Game Boy was a very different situation, given Game Freak's eagerness to capitalise on the astonishing success of RGBY and the platform's freakishly long lifespan.

You could also convincingly make the case that Pokémon taking two and a half years to make it to 3DS hurt the sales of those games, and allowed a foothold for new and unprecedented competition.

If you're on the next-game-is-Gen 7 camp, you indirectly agree with the assertion that it's going to be on 3DS. They aren't going to reveal the game before they reveal NX. :p

Gen VII is not happening this year. Either we get a game this year and its Z, or we have to wait until next year and its Gen VII, as far as I'm concerned. If Z doesn't happen for whatever reason, I imagine TPCi will focus on promoting Go while waiting for Game Freak to get Gen VII out the door.

I CERTAINLY don't think they're revealing Gen VII games later this month. We're nowhere near that point, whether Z is happening or not.

Besides, it's not really a crazy thought in a world where Black and White released on DS, and their sequels remained there even after 3DS had launched.

The 3DS is not the DS. There is no benefit for Game Freak sticking with a platform that has sold fewer Pokémon games than any other for any longer than they have to, particularly when lingering bit them on the arse last time out.

Cindro

yessssssss new Pokémon reveal time!

it's the most wonderful time of the yeeeaar

it's the hap - happiest seaaason of aaallll

Neoxon

maybe NX instead of drugs.
possibility of NX not having BC is interesting to me wrt the pokemon situation.
Game Freak is probably still gonna take their time. As I've told you before, mainline Pokémon games in the same generation tend to stay on the platform that the generation started on. I'd be shocked if Z wasn't on the 3DS, & I'd be equally shocked if Game Freak tried to drag out the 3DS by putting the Gen 7 games on it.

Galang

Banned
There is 65 Kalos Pokemon? its around that number?

calling it now Gen 6.5 with another 30-40 new Pokemno to round it off to 100-110

While I wouldn't discount them being ready for a new generation soon, this would actually be a neat idea. Considering X/Y were lacking in new Pokemon... If Z added 40 more and expanded the post-game content I would for once not hesitate on buying a third version. Would be an interesting new spin on a third version

I will catch one and it will be named Anti Mage and it will hate magic with a passion, but be a hypocrite because it will use magic to use Teleport.

But seriously, it reminds me of Lilligant. If I saw that shadow without context, I'd assume it was a Lilligant evolution or mega.

Pokemon lengthy X and lofty Y

I seriously can't remember the main themes for X and Y. Environment ? If so, what do xerneas and yveltal (?) stand for ?
Gen 1 was fire and water, no actual themes related to the colors, like silver and gold which were just representing lugia (seas I think ?) and ho-oh (skies ?)
Then you had 3 dealing with ocean vs land, 4 dealing with space and time, 5 dealing with realism and idealism, but 6 I just can't remember

Game Freak is probably still gonna take their time. As I've told you before, mainline Pokémon games in the same generation tend to stay on the platform that the generation started on. I'd be shocked if Z wasn't on the 3DS, & I'd be equally shocked if Game Freak tried to drag out the 3DS by putting the Gen 7 games on it.

As I've probably said before, the (potentially) unprecedented hardware launch may require an unprecedented software strategy. But we'd know soon enough if so.

I seriously can't remember the main themes for X and Y. Environment ? If so, what do xerneas and yveltal (?) stand for ?
Gen 1 was fire and water, no actual themes related to the colors, like silver and gold which were just representing lugia (seas I think ?) and ho-oh (skies ?)
Then you had 3 dealing with ocean vs land, 4 dealing with space and time, 5 dealing with realism and idealism, but 6 I just can't remember

Life & Destruction, Xerneas is the life Pokemon who spent a thousand years sleeping in the form of a tree before reviving and sharing eternal life while Yveltal is the Destruction Pokemon who absorbs the life force of all living things and turns into a cocoon when its life comes to an end

ffdgh

Sorta kinda life and death I guess?

Berordn

Sorta kinda life and death I guess?

The theme for X and Y is Gen 1 nostalgia. Xerneas represents their attempts to bring in new life to the series by revisiting old, popular 'mons with Megas. Yveltal represents the death of originality and how they cut down the number of new Pokemon to perform this feat.

half serious?

ffdgh

The theme for X and Y is Gen 1 nostalgia. Xerneas represents their attempts to bring in new life to the series by revisiting old, popular 'mons with Megas. Yveltal represents the death of originality and how they cut down the number of new Pokemon to perform this feat.

half serious?

If it were gen 1 nostalgia wouldn't the theme be to catch them all? Which I finally managed to do actually. :p

Forkball

ROBO DIANCIE

Seems like it's tied in with Volcanion, so it's safe to assume it's a Gen VI Pokemon. An interesting note is that it's man made and 500 years old... AZ AZ AZ

half serious?

cBljAlt.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago. Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret.

So Volcanion is a NEET

we have a movie title

"Volcanion and the Exquisite Magiana"

and this

"Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret."

Top Bottom