• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coro Coro to reveal new Pokémon- Magiana

Hope this is proper Gen VII and not rebooted/half Gen VI. So done with Kalos already - if they wanted their Z it should have come out last year. Anything to get Game Freak to make a new engine, or even just to have a new proper set of Pokemon to make up for VI's decided lack thereof.

Like the looks of Magiana. It's cute! If this does tie in with Z, maybe it has something to do with the criminally-underused Pokeball Factory?

Oh, so it isn't necessarily Steel/Fairy.

I mean, it's definitely Steel type. It's just if it has a second type or not that would be the question.

Another Steel/Fairy would be kind of bland.

Neoxon

Hope this is proper Gen VII and not rebooted/half Gen VI. So done with Kalos already - if they wanted their Z it should have come out last year. Anything to get Game Freak to make a new engine, or even just to have a new proper set of Pokemon to make up for VI's decided lack thereof.

Like the looks of Magiana. It's cute! If this does tie in with Z, maybe it has something to do with the criminally-underused Pokeball Factory?
I honestly would rather see them do Z. Given how Game Freak works, if they're releasing Gen VII, it would probably be stuck on the 3DS. And with the NX Platform incoming, it needs all the firepower it can get. It can't afford another Black/White situation. Plus they've been teasing Z too much for them not to do it.

Sesha

I wonder if Magiana is just pure Fairy instead of a dual type. After all, Floette/Florges aren't a Grass/Fairy combo.

I doubt they're gonna add a bunch of new Kalos Pokemon. Maybe this one is, or at least has ties to the lore of the region, but they're not gonna spend time and resources creating lots of new Pokemon for an old generation.

Sideral Pearl
Cosmic Pearl
Astral Pearl
Celestial Pearl

brb gonna register these before Nintendo does.

Stellar Pearl
Galactic Pearl
Empyreal Pearl
Heavenly Pearl

Dak'kon

Its body kind of looks like a Pokeball and that its torso can go inside with the ears closing over the bottom to form a solid ball?

Can't remember the lore of when the first Pokeballs were invented - could the story be something to do with how the first Pokeballs were made?

Berordn

I wonder if Magiana is just pure Fairy instead of a dual type. After all, Floette/Florges aren't a Grass/Fairy combo.

I doubt they're gonna add a bunch of new Kalos Pokemon. Maybe this one is, or at least has ties to the lore of the region, but they're not gonna spend time and resources creating lots of new Pokemon for an old generation.

This is basically like Lugia, Manaphy and Lucario's old movie roles. A new generation Pokemon featured during the twilight of the old generation for marketing purposes.

Macka

It's not bad. Not really the type of Pokemon I'd use, but it's a solid design.

Does seem to have a Pokeball theme to it.

Dak'kon

wait seeing how it's the man made pokemon could this be like maybe the first pokeball or some thing?

That's what I'm thinking. If Volcanion hates humans its probably something to do with the fact they capture Pokemon and if he's chasing Magiana then that could be something to do with how Pokeballs work. Something like she governs all Pokeballs or something :p

The first Pokeballs were makeshift devices made from Apricorns.

Oh really? I don't remember that at all. I only played SoulSilver recently as well :/

Lebon14

Saw the fully revealed pokemon on Twitter and it's also on Serebii's front page.

Really, really cool looking! Otherwise, it's a Gen 7 pokemon and I don't think we're going to touch it for a while now.

Pachimari

I still don't understand. Zygarde is a Pokémon who can evolve like the rest, where does the hint to a Z release come from?

And maybe this little weirdo was the prototype.

yeah that's what i'm thinking that it has some thing to do with the creation of pokeball

it also ties in with kalos what with it having the pokeball factory

I still don't understand. Zygarde is a Pokémon who can evolve like the rest, where does the hint to a Z release come from?

he doesn't evolve so to say

the core Zygarde is always in control it become the other forms by adding Cell Zygarde to it. so it need 10% of the Cells in order to become the dog

also only one core can make it to 50% you would need 2 cores to make it all the way to 100%/complete

the cell can also go back to other forms so it's not like a evolution

That's one weird lookin Pokemon.

Slightly less confident that we'll be getting another game to close out Gen VI, but it's still a possibility obviously. Hopefully if we're getting Gen VII next it isn't for 3DS, that'd be a hype killer.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WE GEN VII NOW
Either that or Pokemon Z

Hope it's Gen VII. Z would be cool but it took too long to happen and now I think a new gen is in order

It's ok. I like her eyes. Looks like Steel/Fairy.

I really hope VII isn't for 3DS. I want everything to be new about VII, the Pokemon, the world, and more importantly, the engine.

Zalman

Can't say I'm a fan, but I don't hate it either. It's fine. Whatever.

I assume this isn't a regular Pokémon like Lucario and Zoroark. Seems like a legendary one.

Oswen

Finally some news, still hoping for a 6.5 "Z" sequel, a bunch of new Pokemon would make sequels and mid-late gen games way more interesting, not having them was probably the only problem I found in BW2.

It looks ok, Steel/Fairy maybe?

man there already fan art, pokemon fans are always the fastest

any way hopefully it isn't just it and there is some more stuff in this coro coro

Crayolan

I don't like it, it seems like it could be gen 7's cute legendary but it's not really all that cute, and that robotic theme is not working for me. Plus we already have man-made pokemon, what makes this one so special compared to say, Porygon?

Good on those people who guessed the gear/machine connection though.

No it's not, it's a legendary.

How did people even have the technology to build that thing 500 years ago?

People in the pokemon world had the technology to build a doomsday device 3000 years ago, clearly their technological timeline is completely illogical much different from ours.

Qurupeke

I don't like it, it seems like it could be gen 7's cute legendary but it's not really all that cute, and that robotic theme is not working for me. Plus we already have man-made pokemon, what makes this one so special compared to say, Porygon?

It's the cutest legendary pokemon since forever.

Berordn

Good on those people who guessed the gear/machine connection though.

Claydol is probably a better comparison. There's also no reason why it has to be a legendary, it could just be the precursor to her generation's Lucario.

Koppai

Haters gonna hate. I love the reveals of new Pokémon. I think it looks kind of cute.

Please stop calling it a waifu. >.>;

Why are yall obsessed with calling everything a waifu...it's a Pokémon.

Top Bottom