• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita) coming to North America this Fall

Shizuka

XSEED Games is bringing 5pb.’s Corpse Party: Blood Drive to North America this fall, the publisher announced.

The horror game will be available at retail for the first time in the series’ history through a special “Everafter Edition,” which includes a two-disc compilation of songs from Corpse Party, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, and Corpse Party: Blood Drive, as well as a “Dying Art” book featuring artwork throughout the franchise.

Here’s the full rundown, via XSEED:

The final installment of the supernatural story that began with Corpse Party and continued in Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Corpse Party: Blood Drive ups the ante by allowing players to explore Heavenly Host Elementary in full 3D for the first time, with all of its formerly 2D environments meticulously recreated and greatly expanded. New gameplay systems provide more exciting interactions for players experiencing the gruesome finale to this tale of an inescapable, otherworldly school populated by vengeful spirits, including a dynamic lighting system aided by an in-game flashlight, talismans to protect the player characters from danger, deadly traps to disarm, cabinets to hide in, a stamina system that allows for limited dashing, and much more.

Furthermore, Blood Drive — once again presented with the original Japanese voiceovers for authenticity — features the return of previously offered gameplay elements such as binaural 3D audio for simulated surround sound and the screen-altering “Darkening” system, as well as bonus unlockables such as voice actor interviews, art, music, and more. Boasting 11 huge story chapters and 8 supplemental “Extra Chapters,” Blood Drive caps off the Heavenly Host storyline in a big way, providing answers and shocking twists in equal measure.

Published by XSEED Games, Corpse Party: Blood Drive will launch this fall in North America exclusively for the PS Vita, both in a limited physical “Everafter Edition” release and digitally via PlayStation Store. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

Source: Gematsu.

Guess this is going to come on around Halloween, like I have always been saying. Good to see the official statement though. Trails of Cold Steel next Xseed!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
warning from JP player:
load time are abysmal both how often and how long it takes

Is it a good game? How does the story fare?

Varion

Didn't they get patched? I remember reading about a hefty day one update.
Not enough for them to not be an issue. The day one patch (which I assume will be included in the US release out of the box) supposedly did reduce them, as well as dealing with a bunch of bugs (although it's not entirely free of those, either), but they're still a bit too long.

Enough for the game to be worth skipping or anything? Hell no. It's got its flaws just like the other games in the series, but it was still loads of fun to play. Story was great too, although those who weren't fussed on the developments in Book of Shadows' final chapter might not agree (although I do have a friend who wasn't and still ended up loving Blood Drive, so that's no guarantee either). I'd put it a bit below the original but a fair amount above Book of Shadows overall, personally.

AmanoBuff

OMG! Amazing news!

I rarely buy physical games but I will definitely make an exception and get this one. This is one of my favorite series and I have followed it since the PSP.

Day one. Thank you based XSEED!

Buttering up my pooper as we speak.

Lol this made me laugh more than it should have.

Edit: Also, the Vita was just called a legacy platform and in two consecutive days it's got two great exclusives announced. Lol.

Akzel

I.Want.It.

God I love this game. I'm actually playing the 1st one for the 3rd time then I'll complete the 2nd to be ready for the last one; Blood Drive.

Can't wait to get that limited edition ! (I hope they will release the anime here as well one day .. and a physical re-release of the 2 first games on Vita. I wish.

Thankyou. XSeed

My most wanted game finally coming. The hype is real.

Just please let me get the physical edition. Why does it have to be limited for even just the box? Please be on amazon atleast.

FLD

Oh shit, physical release! Gonna have to get that. I guess I should get around to playing Book of Shadows at some point this summer, then. I played the first episode right after I finished the first one but then I bought Trails in the Sky and never went back to BoS afterwards.

Also Shinovi Versus, I guess. I kinda half regret buying that one because I barely played it but I'm still glad to have that physical copy.

Top Bottom