• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Court reinstates Tom Brady's 4 Game Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopeReal

I'm not a patriots fan. But by god is there a lot of salt in this thread.

Ah, yes. As a Broncos fan I am so salty about winning another superbowl. So when I say fuck the Pats and Brady I am so salty.

Super salty.

Or maybe I am just saying fuck the Pats and Brady and you add the salt yourself.

TheFatOne

lol. Putting a lot of faith in a QB who has never played a significant snap in the regular season. Brady makes that team click

Pats going 4-0. JAG is the next Brady. You can't take anyone seriously making any sort of predictions on how the Pats are going to perform this far out from the season.

Sulik2

There is going to be a crazy strike when the next CBA comes due I bet. The players got hosed in the last round of negotiating. Giving Goddell unlimited unchecked power is insane and now the courts agree he has unlimited power. Lunacy that a business as big as the NFL can be run as an unjust dictatorship, but if that is what you bargained for, guess you have to live with it.

natjjohn

Probably, but would expect an agreement on this.

Don't think it makes sense for the majority of players that don't cheat, use PEDs, or get involved with domestic violence to strike losing out on millions to help those that do those things. NFL's labor union is historically one of the weakest. Their careers are so much shorter so losing a season is losing a lot of their potential football earnings. Is Tom Brady being suspended 4 games more important than your money?

cdyhybrid

Fucking hate the Patriots but I really wish we could get ever this Tom Brady Deflategate nonsense.
It would have been old news a year ago if the Pats has just accepted responsibility for their actions, like every other team in the league. Instead, they think they're exempt from following the rules because their owner is best friends with the commissioner.

I really don't care that the patriot's deflated the footballs. I only care that they pretended were idiots and said they didn't do it.

Just own up and no one will care.

PopeReal

if it were any team other than the pats NFL fans would be united in sentiment against goodell

but he played on one of the most hated teams in sports as a diversion tactic

this aggression will not stand, man

It is the NFL. Players can punch their wives in the head and they don't really want to do anything about until forced. But someone cheats or maybe cheats and oh shit time to lay down the hammer!

But still fuck the Pats and Brady. ;)

oatmeal

Banned
This would have been worse had it happened last year. But since then, everyone and their mother (except the obvious posters here) know that it was all horse shit.

The media even came around.

This won't tarnish him one bit.

kris.

Banned
man, browns are gonna get fucking brutalized by a very very pissed brady come week 5. i don't like the idea of choosing to watch a browns game that doesn't involve the chiefs. but i will this once.

KingBroly

Banned
man, browns are gonna get fucking brutalized by a very very pissed brady come week 5. i don't like the idea of choosing to watch a browns game that doesn't involve the chiefs. but i will this once.

Pissed Brady = Best Brady

Gonna go ahead and pencil the Pats in for that Super Bowl win.

Ensoul

This is not accurate at all.

I don't understand what is not accurate? Berman poked holes in the wells report and pointed out that the process was flawed and said there was not enough facts to to uphold the suspension.

The NFL switched gears, said that Goodell can do what he wants and the courts agreed. I understand why non pats fans are happy but it may not be much fun when Goodell does something like this to a player on their team.

Deku Tree

I don't understand what is not accurate? Berman poked holes in the wells report and pointed out that the process was flawed and said there was not enough facts to to uphold the suspension.

The NFL switched gears, said that Goodell can do what he wants and the courts agreed. I understand why non pats fans are happy but it may not be much fun when Goodell does something like this to a player on their team.

The players voted on the rules and the NFLPA endorsed.

RdN

Sucks, but the schedule kind of helps.

Pats can easily go 3-1 (Arizona can be tough) without Brady to start the season.

There was no gear switching. The NFL has all along maintained that goodell has this power under the cba. Appellate review is what happened here.

Sucks, but the schedule kind of helps.

Pats can easily go 3-1 (Arizona can be tough) without Brady to start the season.
They'll go 4-0. Brady is nothing but a system qb who rides the goat coach. Brady out for the season in his prime and they still went 11-5 with a joke qb. There's a reason Brady was a bad backup in hs, college, and should have gone undrafted.

Tom Nook

At NY Jets Headquarters:

131052243074.gif

Can we get ONE GAME without Brady!!!

You do realize that deflate gate has nothing to do with the review, correct? This has everything to do with the court saying Goodell can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants and the players association can do nothing about it...

The last part is wrong. The PA can absolutely can do something about it. Not agree to it. It's ultimately their own fault, and it's unrealistic to expect the courts to bail them out of their own mess.

Ultimately the courts have no desire to make it a precedent that if arbitration you agreed to rules against you take it to court.

Dosia

They'll go 4-0. Brady is nothing but a system qb who rides the goat coach. Brady out for the season in his prime and they still went 11-5 with a joke qb. There's a reason Brady was a bad backup in hs, college, and should have gone undrafted.

Every QB plays in a system. Brady has played and succeeded in quite a few systems. Don't be daft.

vikki

It would have been old news a year ago if the Pats has just accepted responsibility for their actions, like every other team in the league. Instead, they think they're exempt from following the rules because their owner is best friends with the commissioner.

What do you mean every other team?

Cornbread78

The last part is wrong. The PA can absolutely can do something about it. Not agree to it. It's ultimately their own fault, and it's unrealistic to expect the courts to bail them out of their own mess.

Ultimately the courts have no desire to make it a precedent that if arbitration you agreed to rules against you take it to court.

Until a new CBA is done, the judges stated today that Goodell can do what ever the hell he wants under Article 46.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can't believe the NFL is still making a case about this.

Hopefully, if Brady can't get this overturned, the Players Association isn't so stupid next time negotiations come up. Giving Goodell the power to suspend anyone he like, at any time he life for no reason is absolute bullshit.

Kind of a shame that the court allows something like this to stand knowing full well it's in being done in bad faith.

Dr Prob

Banned
It's funny that bionic can't be here and do his thing making fun of Brady getting suspended because he is also suspended. Still, it would be better if he were here. Now it's just cdyhybrid and stinkles making jokes about uggs. Not great. Best thing so far is the guy who started off wondering if this could bode well for the Jets before shutting down his own premise in the same sentence. Someone must step up and fill the void!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ah, yes. As a Broncos fan I am so salty about winning another superbowl. So when I say fuck the Pats and Brady I am so salty.

Super salty.

Or maybe I am just saying fuck the Pats and Brady and you add the salt yourself.

Yeah, it doesn't matter who you're a fan of. Setting precedence for Goodell to just suspend any player, any time he wants, with absolutely zero proof or evidence is not good for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom