• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 delayed to February 2019

Calibos

I've been wondering about this - has there as of yet been a single game that takes advantage of "the power of the cloud"? To me, it seems like it just couldn't work (currently), especially in a multiplayer setting where people can have vastly different net connections. And even with an uber-duper-super connection, the server might not be nearby enough so you still may get too much latency to make it worthwhile.

I'm not saying it is impossible, but I'm curious if it's been done yet.

For actual compute cycles/ I am not sure, but a few maybe. Titanfall 1 comes to mind where I believe they they ran the AI and some of the map features on Cloud servers. I think back when MS was boasting about the cloud, they had an underpowered system that was announced poorly and were searching for anything to hold on to. The reality was that at that point, the tech was infantile at best. I am pretty sure I have seen several games recently, including some new 400 player BR game, claiming that they will utilize the cloud for compute cycles.

Also, some of the youtubers and casters I listen to say that they have heard through sources that the actual online MP stuff in Crackdown is working great and that the extra money and the delays were for the Single player polish...but who knows...rumors and speculation are all we really have.

BR game using the cloud:

https://mavericks.gg/

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
There's been a lot of these very defensive Xbox comments lately and almost all seem completely unprovoked.

Is legitimate criticism about Xbox's lack of quality exclusives this generation not allowed? I don't see much fanboy trash talking, but actual concerns and frustrations from those of us who own Xbox One, yet feel let down overall.

If anyone is showing fanboy bias it's comments calling anyone criticizing an Xbox move as "Sony GAF". You're separating the community by console, not the other way around.

well you don't see many threads set up for other delayed games on here. this should be in the crackdown 3 thread as I am sure there is one.
people getting defensive happens both sides, you should of been here in the early ps4 xobxone days it was all mines better than yours type crap

goldenpp72

PS4 title gets delayed: "thats a good thing! take your time!" and of course the Miyamoto quote: "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

XBOX title gets delayed: "haha of course, just cancel it! It sucks anyway!"

SonyGAF. Never change. lol

It's easy to be patient with game releases when you're swimming in them, when you're dehydrating and the one known game of the year is delayed it will evoke upset yes. If Xbox fans had 5 exclusives that interested them coming in 2018 they'd probably not care. If they had committed to finishing Scalebound we would likely have had that by now :/

hiphopcr

It's easy to be patient with game releases when you're swimming in them, when you're dehydrating and the one known game of the year is delayed it will evoke upset yes. If Xbox fans had 5 exclusives that interested them coming in 2018 they'd probably not care. If they had committed to finishing Scalebound we would likely have had that by now :/
Oh plz. What a joke. PS4 had no games early on. Uncharted was it's first AAA exclusive and that wasn't til 3 years after launch. And then an incredible sping 2017 followed by nothing until God of War. Last fall Xbox released Cuphead, Forza, Lucky, and PubG, which would've been the greatest fall lineup in PS4 history easily. And since then Sea of Thieves and State of Decay. And you call that sporadic Playstation schedule swimming?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
A delay is better than releasing yet another crap exclusive. Still, I think cancelling it about a year ago would have been better.

hiphopcr

A delay is better than releasing yet another crap exclusive. Still, I think cancelling it about a year ago would have been better.
GAF: All Microsoft does is cancel trololol Scalebound Scalebound Scalebound
GAF: Microsoft is stupid to delay they should just cancel trololol Crackdown Crackdown Crackdown

Like Sony never delayed a game :unsure:

Hendrick's

GAF: All Microsoft does is cancel trololol Scalebound Scalebound Scalebound
GAF: Microsoft is stupid to delay they should just cancel trololol Crackdown Crackdown Crackdown

Like Sony never delayed a game :unsure:
What does Sony have to do with this discussion exactly?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
How is this going to displease the fan base? Did you want them to release this when the million games get released this fall? You are assuming that no games are going to launch this year which is most likely false.
I think he believes xbox one owners dont want multi platform titles

MrDanGuy

I think he believes xbox one owners dont want multi platform titles

I assume as gamers we want the best games possible. Red Dead will out sell any game that either MS or Sony puts out most likely this fall, and most games that people play are usually multi platform outside of a few games. Everything we assume not is speculative about this year, and not fact since E3 hasn’t happened yet.

Hendrick's

The real question is what the fuck are they gonna show for TWO HOURS
Gears, Forza, Halo (Teaser), Mixer, Fable (Teaser), 3rd party, Studio Acquisitions, Some Indies ("CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE"), Backwards Compatibility, Gamepass, Future of Xbox.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Oh plz. What a joke. PS4 had no games early on. Uncharted was it's first AAA exclusive and that wasn't til 3 years after launch. And then an incredible sping 2017 followed by nothing until God of War. Last fall Xbox released Cuphead, Forza, Lucky, and PubG, which would've been the greatest fall lineup in PS4 history easily. And since then Sea of Thieves and State of Decay. And you call that sporadic Playstation schedule swimming?

Wrong. Infamous: Second Son, Killzone, MLB 14, MLB 15, Bloodborne, The Order 1886. Are some AAA titles.

There were more AAA released since there.. You just don't know what you're talking about.

MiguelItUp

If this ends up getting canceled at this point I wouldn't be surprised. That certainly doesn't mean I wish that upon them, it's just feeling beyond common now. The idea of a Crackdown game being pushed back like this just seems ridiculous to me when thinking about what Crackdown is and what makes it fun. But then again it seems like they were selling it on content that didn't even exist the last few builds they showed.

Hendrick's

He complains when people say Xbox has no games, yet he says PS4 had no games early on.
I don't understand these kind of "console war" knee jerk reactions. Microsoft has clearly dropped the ball this gen through no fault of anyone but themselves. Sony nor their fans had anything to do with it.

MrDanGuy

If this ends up getting canceled at this point I wouldn't be surprised. That certainly doesn't mean I wish that upon them, it's just feeling beyond common now. The idea of a Crackdown game being pushed back like this just seems ridiculous to me when thinking about what Crackdown is and what makes it fun. But then again it seems like they were selling it on content that didn't even exist the last few builds they showed.

They were playing with cloud technology which required extra time to figure it out, and two implement it appropriately. After this their graphic fidelity wasn’t as high as they needed it to be, and their optimization was not good either from reports during last E3. I imagine they are fixing those issues.

YoshiMax

Lots of hyperbole given this looks like a clickbait article based on “my mate says Crackdown is delayed”. If it is it’ll be either the MP or SP and not both as they’re completely separate development branches.

hiphopcr

Wrong. Infamous: Second Son, Killzone, MLB 14, MLB 15, Bloodborne, The Order 1886. Are some AAA titles.
Yeah, none of those are AAA. All forgettable with cancelled sequels outside of The Show which is annualized like all sports games. And I love how you guys always bring up Bloodborne. It was well reviewed but niche and only proves my point if that's the best example you can desperately bring up.

iconmaster

Banned
There could be a good article about the development of Crackdown in a few years

Calling it now: Blood, Sweat and Pixels 2

The story of its development will be more entertaining than the game at this point.

Could we agree that after three delays Crackdown 3 is maybe turning into a special case?

Crackdown 3 was set to be released worldwide in 2016, which was changed to 7 November 2017 simultaneously with the Xbox One X, but it was delayed on 16 August 2017 to an unspecified Q2/Q3 2018 date, and was once again delayed to a 2019 release date before Microsoft's E3 Press Conference, according to some sources

(We've probably all forgotten the first delay by now, but it did happen.)

Last edited:

Zimmy68

PS4 title gets delayed: "thats a good thing! take your time!" and of course the Miyamoto quote: "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

If you keep showing the same game every year and keep delaying it, then you either don't know what you are doing or you have a crap game on your hands. Either way just cancel it.
It isn't a MS thing.
I said the same thing about Days Gone. If you are going to delay it another year, just give up because most won't care.
If it isn't polished and ready, don't show it.

demigod

There were more AAA released since there.. You just don't know what you're talking about.

I'm baffling to why he didn't bother to list the first AAA game as Killzone which was a LAUNCH title.

Yeah, none of those are AAA. All forgettable with cancelled sequels outside of The Show which is annualized like all sports games. And I love how you guys always bring up Bloodborne. It was well reviewed but niche and only proves my point if that's the best example you can desperately bring up.

lol, so that's why. Killzone isn't AAA folks!

Also i'm not surprised the game got delayed. Mr. Greenberg and the dev never came out to deny it was delayed. Should've kept quiet!!!

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't understand these kind of "console war" knee jerk reactions. Microsoft has clearly dropped the ball this gen through no fault of anyone but themselves. Sony nor their fans had anything to do with it.

Killzone 2 had a $40 million dollar budget.

Do you think they magically produced Killzone: Shadowfall for about $15 million. Wait, do you mind telling me the triple A titles from Microsoft? I guess the only two are Halo 5 and Gears of War, right?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm baffling to why he didn't bother to list the first AAA game as Killzone which was a LAUNCH title.

lol, so that's why. Killzone isn't AAA folks!

Also i'm not surprised the game got delayed. Mr. Greenberg and the dev never came out to deny it was delayed. Should've kept quiet!!!

Seriously. He doesn't really know what he's talking about.

hiphopcr

Killzone 2 had a $40 million dollar budget.

Do you think they magically produced Killzone: Shadowfall for about $15 million. Wait, do you mind telling me the triple A titles from Microsoft? I guess the only two are Halo 5 and Gears of War, right?

Big budget, bad reception, dead franchise. No one would put Killzone in the same breath as Halo and Gears. Xbox hit early with the Forzas, Titanfall, Tomb Raider for a year. Plus Sunset Overdrive is better than any of those games you mentioned.

-MD-

I love that the same handful of games are always used in these xbox defense force posts lol.

Nobody is impressed by games like Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2, they both released to minimum fanfare and mediocre reviews, as well as pretty much every other Xbox "exclusive" this gen.

Like who on earth would put XBOX PUBG in their list war post with a straight face? The game is held together with string and tape on console, it's barely even a game.

Last edited:

demigod

Big budget, bad reception, dead franchise. No one would put Killzone in the same breath as Halo and Gears. Xbox hit early with the Forzas, Titanfall, Tomb Raider for a year. Plus Sunset Overdrive is better than any of those games you mentioned.

There you go again with Titanfall and Tomb Raider. Both games of which MS made deals with the publisher. Both games are not even first party.

hiphopcr

Nobody is impressed by games like Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2, they both released to minimum fanfare and mediocre reviews, as well as pretty much every other Xbox "exclusive" this gen.
Hmmm... had a great time The Hungering Deep this week and met a ton of people who worked collaboratively to beat it.

I'm not a fan of having a great time then coming here and people telling me that I'm not having a great time.

-MD-

Hmmm... had a great time The Hungering Deep this week and met a ton of people who worked collaboratively to beat it.

I'm not a fan of having a great time then coming here and people telling me that I'm not having a great time.

I'm 1000% confident that if Sea of Thieves had been a Sony published exclusive you'd think it was dog shit.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Let me quote what you said earlier.

And I love how you guys always bring up Bloodborne. It was well reviewed but niche and only proves my point if that's the best example you can desperately bring up.

This is why you're not making any sense. You call Bloodborne a niche title, yet you name Forza. Do you realize that the Forza franchise is niche? Sunset Overdrive was a niche title too based on the how well it appearance sold.

Your logic is totally flawed and I see why.

hiphopcr

This is why you're not making any sense. You call Bloodborne a niche title, yet you name Forza. Do you realize that the Forza franchise is niche? Sunset Overdrive was a niche title too based on the how well it appearance sold.

Your logic is totally flawed and I see why.
Eh I thought Forza sold basically millions every year and is the king of racing. Did you call GT a niche franchise back in the day?

-MD-

This cracks me up

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Eh I thought Forza sold basically millions every year and is the king of racing. Did you call GT a niche franchise back in the day?

Daniel Ahmad says Forza doesn't sell well in the US outside of bundles. GT sold really well and GT Sport apparently sold more than 3 million.

Killzone received a triple A budget, making it a triple A title. Reviews or sales do not negate.

MiguelItUp

They were playing with cloud technology which required extra time to figure it out, and two implement it appropriately. After this their graphic fidelity wasn’t as high as they needed it to be, and their optimization was not good either from reports during last E3. I imagine they are fixing those issues.

Oh, most definitely, and I'd love to see them prevail! It has just felt like a pretty messy development, at least from what we've been exposed to. I'd love to see it come out and be something special.

Vawn

Banned

InFamous Second Son, First Light, Bloodborne, Killzone Shadowfall, Until Dawn, Little Big Planet 3, Driveclub, The Order and MLB The Show weren't AAA?

Edit: nevermind, I read your other posts. You don't want to have a realistic conversation.

Last edited:

MrDanGuy

Oh, most definitely, and I'd love to see them prevail! It has just felt like a pretty messy development, at least from what we've been exposed to. I'd love to see it come out and be something special.

I agree. I feel like their priorities while making the game were not exactly in the right places, but with extra time I’m sure we can expect the game to be even heavier on content. This could be one of those games that either falls on its face, or is a diamond.

Top Bottom