• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 delayed to February 2019

LOLCats

Banned
I mean basically the artstyle and previews got such bad reaction, i expected nothing less than another delay. It just looked horrible.

Anyway, im fine with this. Game may evetually be canceled idk.

I was just so disappointed with the previous showings ive kinda written this one off.

JimiNutz

Banned
Crackdown done right on this generation of consoles could be a really cool game so I hope they take their time.

The last footage shown showed a really static and pretty barren looking world so I hope when we see it next there's a lot more going on - more destruction in the environment (even if it's not on the scale of the MP cloud based destruction), more pedestrians and more cool effects and touches in the world to give it more life.

It would probably also be a smart move to include the Halo 6 beta with the game as well...

Fortnitegreat

Neo Member
I've a feeling that this game won't come out ever. Just look at the timeline, I've been waiting for this game for years already. Like first I got a feeling that it would be something huge and great, but currently, I don't even read a news about this game. It's really funny how they delay and schedule for next year.

goldenpp72

Oh plz. What a joke. PS4 had no games early on. Uncharted was it's first AAA exclusive and that wasn't til 3 years after launch. And then an incredible sping 2017 followed by nothing until God of War. Last fall Xbox released Cuphead, Forza, Lucky, and PubG, which would've been the greatest fall lineup in PS4 history easily. And since then Sea of Thieves and State of Decay. And you call that sporadic Playstation schedule swimming?

PS4 had a weaker launch than Xbox, which is why I bought an Xbox first, but once Sunset hit the momentum changed drastically. Ps4 has dozens of exclusives happening routinely due to Sony and Japanese companies. MS basically has no compelling exclusives outside of Forza, Gears and Halo, if you were to list war the only metric MS wins at is racing in my mind.

PSlayer

Are they waiting for the next gen xbox to come out with a better CPU so they don't rely too much on "da cloud™"?

AlexxKidd

Oh plz. What a joke. PS4 had no games early on. Uncharted was it's first AAA exclusive and that wasn't til 3 years after launch. And then an incredible sping 2017 followed by nothing until God of War. Last fall Xbox released Cuphead, Forza, Lucky, and PubG, which would've been the greatest fall lineup in PS4 history easily. And since then Sea of Thieves and State of Decay. And you call that sporadic Playstation schedule swimming?

Let's take you at your word, if PS4 had such a shitty launch and didn't have a good AAA exclusive until 2016, why is it outselling the Xbox at more than 2 to 1? 80 mill to 30 mill? Is everyone just blind to your infinite knowledge and wisdom?

hiphopcr

InFamous Second Son, First Light, Bloodborne, Killzone Shadowfall, Until Dawn, Little Big Planet 3, Driveclub, The Order and MLB The Show weren't AAA?
Yes, exactly. How is this even debatable? You put those in the same category as Uncharted, God of War, Halo, Gears, Zelda, Mario?

hiphopcr

Let's take you at your word, if PS4 had such a shitty launch and didn't have a good AAA exclusive until 2016, why is it outselling the Xbox at more than 2 to 1? 80 mill to 30 mill? Is everyone just blind to your infinite knowledge and wisdom?
If sales figures are the only metric of quality then enjoy your Kardashian shows and Bieber albums.

Vawn

Banned
Yes, exactly. How is this even debatable? You put those in the same category as Uncharted, God of War, Halo, Gears, Zelda, Mario?

Do you know the definition of AAA?

And, yes, I'll put Bloodborne ahead of all those mentioned including Uncharted and God of War.

Last edited:
I'm fine with it if it turns the game from a 7/10 to a 9/10. This will be a huge test for whether Phil can deliver a 9/10 AAA exclusive that isn't Forza Horizon. One has to really have their hate on Microsoft to want them to release the game as it is now which would critically fail and flop.

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

If sales figures are the only metric of quality then enjoy your Kardashian shows and Bieber albums.

The Beatles are the highest selling recording artists of all time and the final episode of M*A*S*H is the most watched television episode ever. Not bad company.

So then, as the all-knowing one who knows the metric of quality and can explain the PS4's mountainous lead over the Xbox, what is this metric of quality you are using? Mind sharing it with us?

Are they waiting for the next gen xbox to come out with a better CPU so they don't rely too much on "da cloud™"?

The next generation are going to be on Ryzen architecture which means higher clock speeds = 4K/60fps on high settings without blowing up the box. But that's 2021.

hiphopcr

The Beatles are the highest selling recording artists of all time and the final episode of M*A*S*H is the most watched television episode ever. Not bad company.

So then, as the all-knowing one who knows the metric of quality and can explain the PS4's mountainous lead over the Xbox, what is this metric of quality you are using? Mind sharing it with us?
And I Got a Feeling is the most popular song of all time and the Wii was the best selling console last gen and that thing was garbage.

Vawn

Banned
If Until Dawn is the Playstations big tent pole release of it's first 3 years then I've made my point.

Ok, so you don't know what AAA means. You don't consider Until Dawn, Bloodborne, InFamous or Killzone as AAA, yet you consider Cuphead (awesome game btw) and Super Lucky's Tale AAA.

Also, no one ever called Until Dawn PS4's tentpole release. But, Until Dawn is a fantastic game.

hiphopcr

So then why did you put Cuphead, Lucky, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2?
I didn't say they were AAA. Someone said the Xbox has no games (very original), so I put out a kind reminder that they've released quite a few lately, and consistently throughout it's life, unlike Playstation.

Grinchy

Banned
If Until Dawn is the Playstations big tent pole release of it's first 3 years then I've made my point.
Since no one is telling you, AAA in gaming is a reference to a game's development/advertising budget. AAA games are expensive games, not necessarily good games.

hiphopcr

Since no one is telling you, AAA in gaming is a reference to a game's development/advertising budget. AAA games are expensive games, not necessarily good games.
Ok fine, then PS4 had a bunch of big budget, forgettable titles in it's first three years. I'll agree with that.

AlexxKidd

And I Got a Feeling is the most popular song of all time and the Wii was the best selling console last gen and that thing was garbage.

Bing Crosby's White Christmas is the best-selling single of all time and while you and your infinite wisdom believe the Wii was garbage, Nintendo took a chance at doing something different and it paid off for them. Congrats to the Wii. So, good company.

Now again, tell us, as the all-knowing one, what "metric of quality" are you using to explain the PS4's mountainous lead over the Xbox?

hiphopcr

I'm sure you would like to forget how badly PlayStation beatdown on Xbox that Microsoft had to bail and merge to PC gaming. lol
You know it's funny for years (decades?) people complained Microsoft was making empty promises to PC gamers. Now they do it and get vilified. When at the end of the day the consumer wins.

WaterAstro

You know it's funny for years (decades?) people complained Microsoft was making empty promises to PC gamers. Now they do it and get vilified. When at the end of the day the consumer wins.
Yeah, it's good that they did it, but you're so salty about how badly Microsoft lost to Sony that you're doing everything you can to annoy everyone who has a thing against Microsoft. We see what you are doing clear as day. We ask you a hard question and you deflect it, redirect it with something else because you DON'T have an answer. It's as comedic as watching Donald Trump deal with accusations.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Bloodborne and Infamous were both far better than the last few Gears/Halo games.

hiphopcr

Yeah, it's good that they did it, but you're so salty about how badly Microsoft lost to Sony that you're doing everything you can to annoy everyone who has a thing against Microsoft. We see what you are doing clear as day. We ask you a hard question and you deflect it, redirect it with something else because you DON'T have an answer. It's as comedic as watching Donald Trump deal with accusations.
Hmm... at first it seemed like you were agreeing with me. Then things turned badly.

Bloodborne and Infamous were both far better than the last few Gears/Halo games.
I believe you feel that way.

Vawn

Banned

Yeah, why does InFamous seem to get overlooked? Is it just that it came out so long ago and PS4 has just had too many great exclusives since? I thought both Second Son and First Light were excellent games.

Honestly, I would had been happier to see Sucker Punch doing Spider-Man. They got the sandbox super hero genre down.

Last edited:

EBE

I thought it looked fine actually, last time it was shown. Of course I know there are a things behind the scenes that might have required the delay but the negative audience reaction to it last year seemed overblown. It looked like Crackdown. Did people even remember what Crackdown was? Cos that's what it looked it

xviper

Microsoft has been struggling with Exclusives for the system since they fucked up and announced Xbox one and PC merge, maybe that's what's making development harder instead of focusing on one system like the other normal companies do

hiphopcr

Microsoft has been struggling with Exclusives for the system since they fucked up and announced Xbox one and PC merge, maybe that's what's making development harder instead of focusing on one system like the other normal companies do
Yeah cuz the PC is so foreign to Microsoft and the X1X wasn't designed with compatibility in mind :facepalm:

Yeah, normal companies wouldn't give free copies of their game away on multiple platforms or include their releases in a low monthly subscription, shame on them.

Is 5 years sufficient for Phil to prove he deserves to continue as boss? What would NeoGaffers put as their criteria for Phil to save his job in the next 12-18 months?

xviper

Yeah cuz the PC is so foreign to Microsoft and the X1X wasn't designed with compatibility in mind :facepalm:

Yeah, normal companies wouldn't give free copies of their game away on multiple platforms or include their releases in a low monthly subscription, shame on them.
i'm just guessing, or why else this is happening ?? the fall of Xbox one began in 2016, the same year Microsoft fucked up and announced the merge, since then, the console has been lacking games, the last good AAA exclusive was FH3 and it's just a racing game, in 2013\14 the console was awesome and had better games than the PS4, in 2015 it also had good games but Sony raised the bar with BloodBorne, now this is over, thanks Phil

93xfan

Banned
PS4 title gets delayed: "thats a good thing! take your time!" and of course the Miyamoto quote: "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

XBOX title gets delayed: "haha of course, just cancel it! It sucks anyway!"

SonyGAF. Never change. lol

Sony has a lot more exclusive games coming out. And the last showing of this game looked poor.

Now if you have a specific person who is saying both of the things you stated, then that may be worth mentioning.

Last edited:

hiphopcr

Is 5 years sufficient for Phil to prove he deserves to continue as boss? What would NeoGaffers put as their criteria for Phil to save his job in the next 12-18 months?
I see it as getting the hardware right, getting the features right, and getting the ecosystem right. Play Anywhere is a win for everyone, and Game Pass is a paradigm shift in the consumer experience. Being able to take my entire Xbox library across all generations is priceless.

All these things have been set.

It was with a heavy heart that Phil had to cancel Scalebound, Fable, and close shops. He knew those projects were failures and to build up again he had to tear it down.

Now first party support is ostensibly being reinforced. This generation will be remembered as a transition period and overhaul for the entire vision of Xbox can be.

Calibos

Can anyone find the article or quote that said a launch date for Crackdown 3? Has it been delayed twice or just once? I am having trouble finding any solid launch plans other than "Spring 2018" announced last year. I am also trying to figure out why this is such a big deal to some people?

MS had:

CupHead - September

Forza 7 - October

PubG - December

Sea of Thieves - March

State of Decay - May

Sure, they aren't all amazingly reviewed, but they are decent games and only on Xbox consoles.

Crackdown is delayed for the first, or possibly second time to get some more polish and here we are ready for E3. I would assume we get release dates for Ashen and Below(two amazing looking games that I am most interested in) and we will hear/see more on Crackdown 3. We are supposedly getting news on more Halo, Gears and Forza for this year and we are supposedly getting news on studio acquisitions and what those studios have been up to.

Keep calm everyone...More positive talk would be a better way to be a community.

-MD-

Can anyone find the article or quote that said a launch date for Crackdown 3? Has it been delayed twice or just once? I am having trouble finding any solid launch plans other than "Spring 2018" announced last year. I am also trying to figure out why this is such a big deal to some people?

Crackdown is delayed for the first, or possibly second time to get some more polish and here we are ready for E3. I would assume we get release dates for Ashen and Below(two amazing looking games that I am most interested in) and we will hear/see more on Crackdown 3. We are supposedly getting news on more Halo, Gears and Forza for this year and we are supposedly getting news on studio acquisitions and what those studios have been up to.

Keep calm everyone...More positive talk would be a better way to be a community.

3 times, lifted from the game's wiki:

Crackdown 3 was set to be released worldwide in 2016, which was changed to 7 November 2017 simultaneously with the Xbox one X (delay #1) but it was delayed on 16 August 2017 to an unspecified Q2/Q3 2018 date (delay #2), and was once again delayed to a 2019 release date before Microsoft's E3 Press Conference, according to some sources. (delay #3) At release, it will also be available to play at no additional cost to Xbox Game Pass subscribers.

Sad to see it delayed. Though I don't own an XBONE, I would be inclined to buy one if Crackdown 3 was really good. Hopefully it turns out great, considering the amount of cancellations there have been in the Xbox division. It still doesn't have anything on TLG or Dreams in regards to delays, so I wouldn't be too snarky about it. The important thing is that the end product is good at least.

Breakage

Spencer's Scalebound cancellation tweet seems apt here:
"Difficult decision, we believe result is better 4 Xbox gamers, still disappointing."

Last edited:

WaterAstro

Hmm... at first it seemed like you were agreeing with me. Then things turned badly.
At the E3 when they started their PC initiative, I had always said it is a good thing for Microsoft and consumers. The only people that have a problem with it are die-hard Xbox fans who want to feel special about exclusivity for their console.

Again, you are trying to skirt around my confrontation. Stop dodging the issue. Why don't you directly answer our questions?

MS had:

CupHead - September

Forza 7 - October

PubG - December

Sea of Thieves - March

State of Decay - May

Sure, they aren't all amazingly reviewed, but they are decent games and only on Xbox consoles.

I don't know why you have PubG in there. Microsoft just paid for timed exclusivity. PubG was solely created on the backings of Early Access on Steam.

Also, Cuphead and State of Decay are relatively small budget games, and Cuphead is also a paid exclusive as it was not published by Microsoft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom