• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"CrackDown 3 is a system selling exclusive" -ScreenRant dev

Will you buy Crackdown 3/Buy An Xbox One for crackdown 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slight paraphrase in title.

Crackdown 3 Preview: Xbox Needs More Exclusive Games Like This

After an extended hands-on session, we're confident that Crackdown 3 is more than capable of living up to the hype. In fact, it's the kind of game that could help salvage the last years of the Xbox One's life cycle. Exclusives like Crackdown 3 are exactly the type of properties that can sell people on owning a console, and although the delays were likely necessary to get it to where it is today, it's a shame it couldn't have arrived sooner for Microsoft. Additionally, Crackdown 3's multiplayer mode Wrecking Zone will help extend this game's lifespan by a significant measure. That's a victory for a game that can be completed in something like fifteen hours, according to creative director of Microsoft Global Publishing Joseph Staten. Although there's lots of extra content for completionists, there will be something left over for those satisfied with the main campaign's core story.

Still, the main campaign is something that needs to be talked about. Crackdown 3 is pitch perfect for the series. Playing through the main campaign gives players the sense that they are a superhero trapped within an Agent's clothing, much more Deadpool than Robocop. The game is even willing to tackle the kind of politics that good comic books are willing to address within their pages, as evil corporation Terra Nova preys on immigrant workers and their fears of the outside world to exploit them in what is supposed to be a safe haven. If that isn't a metaphor for the current situation in certain countries in the west, then Terry Crews isn't a great choice for Crackdown 3's protagonist. Spoiler alert: Terry Crews was definitely a great choice for the protagonist.

Looks like the previews are coming in and most of them are positive, according to ScreenRant it's not only able to salvage the Xbox One, which is already salvaged by the X so i guess this will just help add more salvage to the current salvage, but it will also be a system selling games.

That's good news for Microsoft. 2018 was Xbox One's best year this gen and now it's possible for 2019 to be even better!

For those leaning Crackdown 3 may be the game to make you jump in!

JoduanER2

Finally a good exclusive for xbox one. Great news and congratulations to the team! Bad news for me since i dont own an xbox one :(

NickFire

I've been reading previews from some gaming enthusiast sites, and they seem to suggest this game does not live up to the hype.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Looks average as hell. At least with Game Pass we can give it a fair shot at launch!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Eh, it looks pretty whatever to me, but gameplay videos often look less interesting to me than the game really plays. I'm a hecka big Mad Max fan, but the pre-release Mad Max footage looked so bad. Turned out actually playing it was one hell of a ride.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I voted 'no' but the sad thing is that for me personally it should be a system seller.

I loved Crackdown, I loved Sunset Overdrive and I generally enjoy open world games that have great traversal, colourful graphics and fun 'arcade' like gameplay over something more serious and sim like.

Despite all that MS have done a terrible job of marketing this game and a few weeks out from launch and there's still no hype. I already own an Xbox One but haven't used it in over a year and don't even know if I'll even dust it off to try this at launch.

Vawn

Banned
I'm starting to think you're a troll pretending to be an Xbox fanboy. Your threads actually make Xbox sound worse than it is.

Crackdown 3 the Xbox One system seller???

Last edited:

LordRaptor

1) Theres no such thing as a "screenrant dev", screenrant is just some glorified blog
2) Nowhere in what you have posted does anyone say crackdown is a system seller, it says "Exclusives like Crackdown 3 are exactly the type of properties that can sell people on owning a console" which is so weasel worded and qualifier ridden that it is making zero prognostication as to success whatsoever.
3) Multiplayer makes a game potnetially playable for longer than just single player - well fucking duh, no shit.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
System seller? No.

Will it sell well? I don't know.

I think the game will get a lot of mixed reviews.

Gamernyc78

Banned
The hyperbole and the try hard. This game I have a gut feeling will hover around 75 which is good but will not be system seller caliber.

Itll be mingled in with some gamepass numbers to make it seem as if the game did better than it did. Xbox is good at that.

But hey I'll be ready to eat crow. If easy allies (which is one of my trusted sites) scores it 85 or above I'll buy it.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Terrible poll. No option for people who already own an xbox.

Crackdown will be a decent game. I don't believe it will sell systems though.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
bless the xbox one X
bringer of HDR
bringer of TRUE 4k
bringer of dolby vision
bringer of UHD player
bringer of dolby atmos
bringer of the best racing games
bringer of 60fps
bringer of VFR

bless xbox one x

xxx

I voted yes even though I already have the console and Game Pass. Is this cheating? Can't wait to feel the power of the cloud in the palm of my hand.

Hotspurr

Banned
Definitely not. I was just over on Reddit and the impressions are overwhelmingly average or sub par. It looks like an OK game be no where near the quality of AAA games.

Mr Hyde

Some videos of the gameplay from IGN.

Single-player mode

Multiplayer mode

Never played a Crackdown but the singleplayer looks fun. The multiplayer looks awful though. I was also under the impression that this game was to have destruction in line with Just Cause, or maybe even more chaotic, but in these videos I barely see any destruction at all, save from a few vehicles. The videos is mostly about shooting bad guys. Wasn´t the destruction its main selling point?

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Never played a Crackdown but the singleplayer looks fun. The multiplayer looks awful though. I was also under the impression that this game was to have destruction in line with Just Cause, or maybe even more chaotic, but in these videos I barely see any destruction at all, save from a few vehicles. The videos is mostly about shooting bad guys. Wasn´t the destruction its main selling point?

That was MP based on cloud hype. The SP is a normal game, much like Just Cause.

Mr Hyde

That was MP based on cloud hype. The SP is a normal game, much like Just Cause.

Okay, I thought that the destruction would be for the singleplayer also. Looked at some more videos and to be honest, it looks painfully average. It´s not even close to JC when it comes to open-world mayhem which I believed to be CDs main gimmick. The impressions by game media doesn´t bode well too.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Some videos of the gameplay from IGN.

Single-player mode

Multiplayer mode

haha
that BOOOOOM CHACKALACKA hahaha

dottme

Finally a good exclusive for xbox one. Great news and congratulations to the team! Bad news for me since i dont own an xbox one :(

I was thinking it’ll release on PC too. Did they cancel the PC version or something?
The official website still show it available on Win 10.

Last edited:

Anasta

Neo Member
Some more news about the campaign! It looks like the game will take about 15h to finish, and there'll be a training camp thingy before you can start the multiplayer mode.

In my opinion, even if the campaign is that short, I'll still take it, as I believe the game will have plenty of replayability value. It's the new Crackdown we are talking about after all. :D

I got the info from Crackdown 3 Campaign Info.

Last edited:
Last 2 games were fun simply because they were over the top silly..even the sequel

If this game has those levels of fun then it’s in good steed

VertigoOA

Banned
Have an Xbox. Have gamespass. This game looks like the most unappealing thing ever... just like the first two.

No one cares about crackdown.

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
Have an Xbox. Have gamespass. This game looks like the most unappealing thing ever... just like the first two.

No one cares about crackdown.

Exaggerate much? The most unappealing thing ever? How about the ps4 exclusive Life of the black tiger?

Fyi crackdown 1 was a suprise hit because people loved it.

Shmunter

As a an ex-360 gamer who had a ball during that gen and loved Crackdown there is a certain pull here.

But then reality strikes, my backlog could build the Mexico wall, and that’s just
the PS4. There is simply no room to bring yet another platform into my limited gaming time, the games just keep coming, and coming, and coming....

Woo-Fu

Banned
It'd be great if the game is that good. It won't sell me an xbox when I can play it on my pc, though.

mejin

MS will finally launch the last of their big 3: State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3. Hope it's a better product this time.

Top Bottom