• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"CrackDown 3 is a system selling exclusive" -ScreenRant dev

Will you buy Crackdown 3/Buy An Xbox One for crackdown 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silent Duck

Crackdown...
giphy.gif

wipeout364

I’ve really liked some of Sumo Digital’s games in the past so i am hopeful this turns out well. I am a little worried because it seems like a much bigger scale game then they’ve done in the past but I was really disappointed with crackdown 2 so my expectations are tempered to begin with.

I think crackdown is a system seller in that it continues to help fill in the game pass library which is a system seller. The more games Microsoft gets into the program the bigger incentive to own an Xbox there will be.

Ten_Fold

Unless your a hardcore Xbox guy, you probably forgot or never heard of the first 2 games, so no it’s not, Xbox don’t have a system seller this gen. Halo collection would’ve been it if they didn’t mess it up at launch.

Well, as somebody said, if you think it as a “system” seller for the Game Pass then it makes sense. For the console, definitely not.

Banned
Crackdown is along irrelevant franchise. The only people remotely interested in C3 are people who enjoyed the first one.

Kagey K

Banned
Not really. Should have been cancelled 2 years ago. I guess they figured it would help Gamepass.
I disagree, I’d rather have some Crackdown then no Crackdown at all.

Plus once it’s out it should be the final project from that era for MS, so hopefully people can stop looking to the past and start looking to the future for Xbox.

Gonna get it for free on Game Pass, and that’s the only reason I’ll play it. Of course if reviews are amazing I’d have bought it, but based on what I know currently, GP is the only reason I will be getting it.

This thread reminds me of Doom before it actually came out. Not saying it will turn out the same way but this thread feels like it's nothing but hate for the sake of hate.
This site is straight toxic poison. The negativity begets negativity and it spirals out of control and not one person here has actually laid thier hands on the actual game. It's like bizarro world.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Wrecking Zone is actually fucking dope! Most unique MP to date. The destruction is insane!

Kagey K

Banned
Wrecking Zone is actually fucking dope! Most unique MP to date. The destruction is insane!
I’m not really interested in the PVP just the campaign and coop, but I might give it a go this weekend, just to help stress test it and see if it can get me interested.

Edit: Fuck it shut of KH and playing it now.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Gonna be some crow eating I think...game is pretty fun

Yeah I just finished my first game and traversal feels as good as the first. Going to be weird starting with a level one agent in SP after playing this all kitted out.

The multi might be better then I was expecting, but it’ll take a few games before I decide for sure.

Yeah I just finished my first game and traversal feels as good as the first. Going to be weird starting with a level one agent in SP after playing this all kitted out.

The multi might be better then I was expecting, but it’ll take a few games before I decide for sure.
The floaty gunplay and movement is what put me off at the start but chasing someone between structures and walls while someone was trying to light me up from the outside was fun....so much crap flying everywhere

Kagey K

Banned
The floaty gunplay and movement is what put me off at the start but chasing someone between structures and walls while someone was trying to light me up from the outside was fun....so much crap flying everywhere

I equipped the overshield instead of the high jump, and found I can get a lot of ppl that think they got the drop on me. Let them chase me until they get in range pop RB and machine pistol them to death. Makes picking the badge up easy too.

Last edited:
I equipped the overshield instead of the high jump, and found I can get a lot of ppl that think they got the drop on me. Let them chase me until they get in range pop RB and machine pistol them to death. Makes picking the badge up easy too.

That sounds like a solid strategy

Kagey K

Banned
That sounds like a solid strategy
It’s worked so far, I’m sure people will catch on quickly. I did just post in the technical test thread, so as not to derail this one any further, as if it really could be. So if anyone else wants to play or discuss the technical test, maybe we should keep it in there.

Ps: I almost didn’t recognize you with the new avatar. You’ve change it multiple times today. Gotta love Chunk. My fav Goonie.

I was always more of a Mouth, but I loved Chunk and Data.

Last edited:
It’s worked so far, I’m sure people will catch on quickly. I did just post in the technical test thread, so as not to derail this one any further, as if it really could be. So if anyone else wants to play or discuss the technical test, maybe we should keep it in there.

Ps: I almost didn’t recognize you with the new avatar. You’ve change it multiple times today. Gotta love Chunk. My fav Goonie.

I was always more of a Mouth, but I loved Chunk and Data.

giphy.gif

Kagey K

Banned
Definitely! And the Cloud destruction is incredible. Some of the explosions and amount of debris falling from on high is jaw dropping.
But it doesn’t all collapse in the first 5 seconds of the game. It’s too hard and takes too much work. I want every second to look like the tech demo from 2013.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I wasn't that interested in this tbh but after watching some streams i'm quite looking forward to it on game pass.

Ma-Yuan

Sell your Xbox call it day and stop complaining. Simple.

I never sell a system but i didn't invest in X for the same reason and most likely wont buy their next console as well. I always own every system in a generation but next one i am not so sure...

Iced Arcade

Game is a blast so far. Crows are definitely getting ate next week.
Not really. Should have been cancelled 2 years ago. I guess they figured it would help Gamepass.
For someone who dislikes the game so much, you sure are in/have a lot of crackdown posts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom