• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"CrackDown 3 is a system selling exclusive" -ScreenRant dev

Will you buy Crackdown 3/Buy An Xbox One for crackdown 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whats with the crazy auto-lock-aim? I cant see how this is supposed to be fun, its inredibly disappointing, even worse than agents of mayhem.

Ma-Yuan

Zero hype for this game from the start and I would love something to play on my xbox one s and get its dust off >< But MS has just nothing to offer for my taste ; ;

trikster40

That thread title isn’t a paraphrase so much as misinterpreting the article. Selling people on “owning a console” is not the same as selling people on buying a console. It just means that maybe people who own an Xbox will finally get an exclusive on the system to make them glad they own the console. People aren’t going to buy an Xbox for crackdown any more than they would buy a PS4 for Yakuza or a Switch for Captain Toad. Yes, if you own the system, you are glad you can play them, but people aren’t buying a console specifically for those games.

Destruction gets old after a while. Just ask Red Faction, Just Cause, and Incredible Hulk.

Inviusx

I dont own an Xbox but I'm curious about Wrecking Zone from a technical perspective.

If the entire campaign featured the Azure Cloud destruction tech it might have been the game to finally make me buy an X.

15h campaign, LOL. They didn't even try. These days you have to have a 60-70h campaign to call yourself AAA.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Whats with the crazy auto-lock-aim? I cant see how this is supposed to be fun, its inredibly disappointing, even worse than agents of mayhem.
That's one of the worst looking parts about the multiplayer to me. You just hop around and snap onto targets and then hold down the shoot button and hope that they die before they've hopped out of view. In the meantime, blocks fall apart around you. I don't know how anyone could play that mode for more than 20 minutes.

Javthusiast

Banned
Looks like a ps3 title, reviews will be mediocore, sales too, will find success by simply being in the game pass. Forgotten in a month. The story of Crackdown 3.

Dlacy13g

Crackdown 3 was never going to be a system seller imo. The first game was a "good game" that surprised people out of nowhere but it wasn't a mega hit. The 2nd game failed to move the needle too and was worse so how is this game supposed to suddenly become a system seller?

DiscoJer

As someone who has owned all three generations of Xbox, I'm not entirely sure what it even is. Don't you play a superhero cop or something? I don't see how that would be a system seller.

Finally a good exclusive for xbox one. Great news and congratulations to the team! Bad news for me since i dont own an xbox one :(
You say that like the xbox one doesn't have any good exclusives. There are a few solid xbox ones exclusives, but ill wait and see on this one.

RPS37

As someone who has owned all three generations of Xbox, I'm not entirely sure what it even is. Don't you play a superhero cop or something? I don't see how that would be a system seller.
Have you not played Crackdown 1? Sounds like a remake of Crackdown 1.

BRZBlue

I own an xbone, and honestly haven't seen fit to fire it up (or update it) for almost a year, doubt Crackdown will change that . Feel like even if it is a good game (I'm skeptical?) its going to get lost in the shuffle.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This thread reminds me of Doom before it actually came out. Not saying it will turn out the same way but this thread feels like it's nothing but hate for the sake of hate.

sendit

Because Scalebound had a lot further to go to get to a 60-75 metacritic score.

Given the time and money. Pretty sure Scalebound by this Alpha footage had a lot more potential than Crackdowns 3 current form. Crackdown 3 just looks bad...

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Given the time and money. Pretty sure Scalebound by this Alpha footage had a lot more potential than Crackdowns 3 current form. Crackdown 3 just looks bad...

You mean that tech demo that didn't even look like a game that should have ever been green-lit? SB was nothing other than old MS-Xbox misguidedly grasping at Japanese gaming straws.

Last edited:

BRZBlue

This thread reminds me of Doom before it actually came out. Not saying it will turn out the same way but this thread feels like it's nothing but hate for the sake of hate.

I never actually got the DOOM trepidation. It looked great to me at the reveal trailer. Still doesn't change my opinion that Crackdown looks uninspired.

RPS37

Makes me confused as to how old these posters are. Crackdown 1 was fucking dope. How does no one remember this?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
We need to balance things out. How are we ever going to enjoy this generation of games if we aren't being told in advance that the game that is about to be released is utter shit?

Don't you get it? The haters attempt to make us connoisseurs of the game through their disgust. They want us to appreciate the game more, because they said its a shit game.

And you know what? It actually bloody works. Whenever a game is absolute garbage in their eyes, i have to assume its a pretty good game, and as such i will enjoy it much more than if i went in it blindly.

You mean that tech demo that didn't even look like a game that should have ever been green-lit? SB was nothing other than old MS-Xbox misguidedly grasping at Japanese gaming straws.

That and Plat stole money given to them for Scalebound and used the fund for various unrelated projects.

ACG said on a podcast that he actually played a portion of the game and it was really bad,it was crap,as for Crackdown 3 its not a system seller,the presentation of this game its not something to blow your mind or making you really want to play this game,fans will buy it.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Even as an Xbox fan, LOL that Crackdown 3 is a system seller.

Maybe a nice 2nd tier franchise in the poetfolio, but not a system seller.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Even as an Xbox fan, LOL that Crackdown 3 is a system seller.

Maybe a nice 2nd tier franchise in the poetfolio, but not a system seller.
Precisely. I think it'll do quite well and surprise people when it releases - haters be damned.

You were the guy stating RFG is a PS3 game. I just added to it.

So if my comment is irrelevant, than so is yours.

You must have missed the mod warning the last time you did this intentional disengouous shit.

The fact you don't even know the game we are talking about shows you're only he to troll. The game never had ps2 footage because it was never on PS2, but you didn't address that obvious trap anyway because you dont know about the game. Oops?

My comment was relevant because he falsely called it a ps2 game in a fanboy type post, your comnent is irrelevant and you shouldn't be trying to start pointless arguments about a game you know nothing about.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
You mist have missed the mod warning the last time you did this intentional disengouous shit.
It is not disingenous, thats your problem.

The fact you don't even know the game we are talking about shows yo bxubcu're only he to troll. The game never had ps2 footage because it was never on PS2, but you didn't address that obvious trap anyway because you dont know about the game. Oops?
It was about RFG, and bitbydeath errornously claimed it was PS2 footage and then corrected it on your post, But sure, i dont know nothing about the game, another baseless accusation.

All i added was that RFG also is on other platforms. A supplemental comment, nothing more.

You ought to stop assuming ill intent when there is none.

Last edited:
Top Bottom