• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 Wrecking Zone Technical Test Coming on February 7 for Xbox Insiders

II_JumPeR_I

You never played crackdown before because if you had you'd know it wouldn't work in single player it's a vertical game and orbs are a big part of the game so try part then come back and post
Ive played enough crackdown. So stop assuming someone hasnt played the game before just because he isnt impressed with this tacked on MP

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Ive played enough crackdown. So stop assuming someone hasnt played the game before just because he isnt impressed with this tacked on MP
Seriously. How much did you play? Genuine question.

Honestly, if you'd played it you'd know the destruction wouldnt work in the SP. The goal is to elevate and get vertical. Bringing down the house (so to speak) would work completely against that and prove counter-productive. Literally makes no sense.

Last edited:

Calibos

Crackdown has always had multiplayer so I am not sure where “tacked on” comes from. We only have one mode and 2 maps so far too...I know there is at least one more mode that is territory control, which journalists supposedly liked more than what they are showing right now and it makes more sense for the destruction to play a roll.

Let’s all take it easy until the game is fully out in the wild.

RPS37

Speaking of elevating and getting vertical in Crackdown, I played some Crackdown 1 today and remembered how much that game was about the traversal. I haven’t heard any impressions talk about whether or not the traversal is fun in the single player. This is crucial.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think the game looks awesome and as someone that rates Sunset Overdrive as one of my favourite games of the generation I'm pleased to see another colourful open world shooter with fun traversal.

Having seen the destruction I must admit im very slightly disappointed that there isn't some level of destruction in the SP.

Obviously I'm not expecting anywhere near this level of destruction in the SP but it would be nice to see windows breaking, some slight rubble falling down from buildings and cracks in the pavement when you smash down from above. Just little details like that which would make the world feel less static.

The game did back itself into a corner but in terms of delivering cloud based destruction that would not be possible on the current gen hardware they delivered....just need to see if there are more game modes in mp that really allow you to fuck shit up as at the moment you have the choice of admiring the pretty buildings falling down and giving your position away or going after other agents

Gavon West

If you have an X and HDR you need to go to graphics settings and move paper white in either direction once. Otherwise the game is dark as shit and you can’t see nothing.

I do appreciate that you criticized a game that you were basically blind in and gave it the business you did.
Lol

Gavon West

The game did back itself into a corner but in terms of delivering cloud based destruction that would not be possible on the current gen hardware they delivered....just need to see if there are more game modes in mp that really allow you to fuck shit up as at the moment you have the choice of admiring the pretty buildings falling down and giving your position away or going after other agents

DisfiguredHeavyAruanas-size_restricted.gif

UnfitRedFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

More game modes are coming.

Frankly I think this game is going to do MUCH better than people realize.

Gavon West

Speaking of elevating and getting vertical in Crackdown, I played some Crackdown 1 today and remembered how much that game was about the traversal. I haven’t heard any impressions talk about whether or not the traversal is fun in the single player. This is crucial.
Traversal looks much improved in this one.

Alx

Traversal looks much improved in this one.

Is there much climbing though ? Grabbing on windows ledges was a defining feature of Crackdown (and also one that deserved improvement, since many times you would miss a grab), but I haven't seen much of it in the preview videos.

Gavon West

Is there much climbing though ? Grabbing on windows ledges was a defining feature of Crackdown (and also one that deserved improvement, since many times you would miss a grab), but I haven't seen much of it in the preview videos.
...A shit load, yes.

Codes 208

Just played two matches of Agent Hunter and immediately uninstalled.

The multiplayer is clunky garbage. Here’s hoping the campaign is significantly better.

Last edited:
From an internal source I've heard that MS is expecting based on pre-orders and other factors 1 million within the first full week. The first software title since Quantum Break where I've heard of MS expecting a certain amount in the launch period. The other was Quantum Break which got adjusted twice and still missed.

Codes 208

From an internal source I've heard that MS is expecting based on pre-orders and other factors 1 million within the first full week. The first software title since Quantum Break where I've heard of MS expecting a certain amount in the launch period. The other was Quantum Break which got adjusted twice and still missed.
They’ll just hide the facts behind gamepass “total players” if it doesn’t sell well as they typically do

They’ll just hide the facts behind gamepass “total players” if it doesn’t sell well as they typically do

It's hard to typically do something with a service that's not even 2 years old.

MS doesn't reveal launch estimates if they don't meet them. Were expecting 1.5 million for Quantum Break after E3 but adjusted it down to 700k than 350k for the first week once the release date came. The games interest never held. It actually did worse than 350k on box sales, those bundles are what got it over 500k.

CD3 is the first time I've heard of them holding a high amount without changing it right before the full release. So I guess they are seeing good pre-orders, tons of social talk, good reactions to recent gameplay etc.

RPS37

Initial impressions: hey this looks way better than it looked in the videos I’ve been watching online.

LMJ

Based on what I've seen, it looks like the multi players chaotic nature of the destruction could keep me coming back for more again and again.

I loved the original Crackdown, I loved the evolving mechanics, the co-op, and truly loved the generals/difficulty tiers depending on how many you had dealt with...

If CD3 has all of those things and more than I am perfectly happy and will be there day 1, that having been said I would have loved to see this "power of the cloud" used in some way in the single player.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Honestly, if you'd played it you'd know the destruction wouldnt work in the SP. The goal is to elevate and get vertical. Bringing down the house (so to speak) would work completely against that and prove counter-productive. Literally makes no sense.
The destruction would work just fine in the campaign. It would make things way more interesting and exciting. I dont wanna wipe an entire City but at least let be destroy some smaller houses.

And lol they confirmed in their official Discord that you wont be able to team up with your friends in this MP. Whats the point of this MP then? Yeah just like i said its just tacked on to show that this cloud destruction works (i would prefer the original tech demo they showed over this small arenas we have now)

The destruction would work just fine in the campaign. It would make things way more interesting and exciting. I dont wanna wipe an entire City but at least let be destroy some smaller houses.

And lol they confirmed in their official Discord that you wont be able to team up with your friends in this MP. Whats the point of this MP then? Yeah just like i said its just tacked on to show that this cloud destruction works (i would prefer the original tech demo they showed over this small arenas we have now)
You talking about in the stress test you can't join up right?

Just played two matches of Agent Hunter and immediately uninstalled.

The multiplayer is clunky garbage. Here’s hoping the campaign is significantly better.
Not saying things should be improved but what about it you didn't like? I wish you could use the destruction to inflict damage like initially shown but outside of that. It was decent fun. I'll need more time to see how I feel about it.

In fairness, the reveal trailer indicated destruction would be ways to take down bosses. However realistically kind of would make everything pointless.

LMJ

There in lies my only real complaint thus far, if Red Faction guerrilla could implement environmental destruction into their single player then I see no reason why Crackdown 3 couldn't have implemented any kind of environmental destruction in some way into its single player, even if in a simplistic form.

Codes 208

Not saying things should be improved but what about it you didn't like? I wish you could use the destruction to inflict damage like initially shown but outside of that. It was decent fun. I'll need more time to see how I feel about it.
Well my biggest complaint is auto-aim. That’s fine for campaign but not in a pvp match. It’s also made that more annoying that half of the weapons seem to just home-in anyway.
I’ve also had very little low ping yet I’ve noticed a ton of stuttering and lag. So performance isn’t what I’d call it’s strong suit, and while blowing up buildings is a cool concept, the arena looks so tron-based and generic that I had a hard time calling it impressive. Oh, and the textures were super muddy if not existent (and I’m playing on the X). So it just looked super flat and very much last gen.

And the movement, jeez. I’ve noticed slight analog misdirections but it just felt off to me in general.

Honestly just didn’t live up to my par. Cool concept but not very fun to me. When the game comes out I’ll just stick to campaign.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well my biggest complaint is auto-aim. That’s fine for campaign but not in a pvp match. It’s also made that more annoying that half of the weapons seem to just home-in anyway.
I’ve also had very little low ping yet I’ve noticed a ton of stuttering and lag. So performance isn’t what I’d call it’s strong suit, and while blowing up buildings is a cool concept, the arena looks so tron-based and generic that I had a hard time calling it impressive. Oh, and the textures were super muddy if not existent (and I’m playing on the X). So it just looked super flat and very much last gen.

And the movement, jeez. I’ve noticed slight analog misdirections but it just felt off to me in general.

Honestly just didn’t live up to my par. Cool concept but not very fun to me. When the game comes out I’ll just stick to campaign.
CD isn't my type of game, so I'm not going to bother trying it. But auto-aim in a shooter is weird. Watching videos, it seems like tons of homing shots on enemies.

I guess the game is so frantic with people jumping everywhere they wanted to make it easy for gamers to make some hits, but kind of defeats the purpose of shooters. Titanfall games aren't this crazy in jumping, but there's enough jumping and wall running, but you never got auto-aim like CD.

Honestly the way things move in the game it would be impossible to kill people without the autoaim. It's easy to get out line of sight and then have your health regenerate. With all the air lifts and dashing I don't think it's possible to kill people unless you made the weapons much stronger.

Gavon West

Honestly the way things move in the game it would be impossible to kill people without the autoaim. It's easy to get out line of sight and then have your health regenerate. With all the air lifts and dashing I don't think it's possible to kill people unless you made the weapons much stronger.
Yeah, a lot of people judging the game from watching. That's the wrong idea with this game. Its so much more deeper and complex than you think. The destruction changes Multiplayer games. Guaranteed we'll see much more of Cloud destruction in the future.

In other games auto-lock would pretty much guarantee a kill. Not in Warzone. There's distance from the enemy, the movement, the verticality, and more to consider.

SDMG

The destruction wouldn't work in SP the point is to save the city not destroy it also it would turn it into an always online game which many seems to have an issue with.

LMJ

Not asking for total destruction, but why not certain walls, physical based destruction on enemy bases, cars, etc?

I really wish there was more to the destruction. It is chaotic and fun, but I'm guessing if they made it so that the destruction hurt then fall damage would have to be implemented. So I don't know how they could do it like the tech demo and let it be a fun game.

Lort

Banned
Usually dont like lock on aim... usually hate it.

This game is so different though it totally works. U can see when people have a lock on you so it becomes about using the environment. The destruction is very cool but the game would still be fun without it. Everything is tweaked to work together, this has obviously been internally tested a lot... this is not your average shooter its more strategic and dynamic movement. Its a breath of fresh air to have a game that isnt about aiming finese but strategy, teamwork and movement.

the full game apparently will launch with 3 maps and 4 game modes...territories and death match are the confirmed 2...im guessing capture the flag is another
was confirmed in the inside xbox...will be more stuff added later

Last edited:

Aren117

DisfiguredHeavyAruanas-size_restricted.gif

UnfitRedFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

More game modes are coming.

Frankly I think this game is going to do MUCH better than people realize.

Man, this reminds me of Bad Company 2, how fun it was to destroy buildings. Then BF3 came with the "microdestruction focused" bs...
Just imagine a new BF with this level of destruction...

Top Bottom