• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Crackdown for Xbox One (Cloudgine, original director, UE4)

May 18, 2009
Did they just show a trailer for it or was there like a gameplay teaser? My stream fucked up and skipped ahead of this and went straight to the end so I didn't see it.

Footos22

Mar 19, 2009
Was just a CG trailer. But. If shit like that is possible to do then it will be amazing.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Feb 10, 2011
CGI trailer+not representing gameplay mechanics in the trailer at all, kind of dulled the hype for me.

Still pumped, but I have no idea what the game will play or look like based on that trailer.

We all know we wont be destroying buildings like that in gameplay...

Jun 7, 2004
NM USA
Seems like this is the big cloud-driven physics showcase, going by the video. Wish they'd detailed the player count and scale of the world, though it seems like the message is that you're going to have to go quite a bit further to get at the gang bosses this time around.

Ramenman

Apr 4, 2007
HOLY SHIT I'm so pumped.

I hope they soon confirm that there's no fucking story and that it's entirely open like the first one.

Though since this is the dev dude from the first one I'm confident. Plus I wonder how you would go with such destructibility (as hinted by the trailer) with a linear campaign. LOL sorry magic anti damage barrier on the bad guy's fortress until you do 5 more story missions. Boy that would suck.

BUT IM SO PUMPED.

Majukun

Jun 19, 2009
i really hope some of the destruction we saw it's doable in the game..it would be like the red faction guerrilla sequel we never had

Guevara

Jul 27, 2009
CGI trailer+not representing gameplay mechanics in the trailer at all, kind of dulled the hype for me.

Still pumped, but I have no idea what the game will play or look like based on that trailer.

Yeah exactly: plus it makes it seem like the game is a long way off.

GobFather

Jun 7, 2013
still confused about killing thousands of people, just to kill one drug lord xD looks good though.

retrogamer84

Apr 24, 2014
I need to see a lot more before I get excited. I loved the first game, but the second one broke my heart. I have no faith in the series right now.

Dali

Jan 2, 2007
Seventh Ring

That's the conference in a nutshell. I really wish companies would recognize cg isn't the reward to gamers it used to be. No one is amazed by pretty cg anymore. Show us the actual game. Crackdown, phantom dust, the Platinum game, halo 5...smh. Cg trailers are just one step above a simple verbal announcement.