• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown for Xbox One (Cloudgine, original director, UE4)

urge26

think the trailer is a pretty good representation of what they're aiming for...... that was mother fucking awesome

Barakov

Gold Member
Despite the CG, I'm really hyped for this. Microsoft really came out swinging with this conference.

jaypah

Incredible to have it confirmed, hoping that destructibility in the trailer is actually in the game too...

After the conference Phil was talking with the Pope and he said the that it would have cloud assisted destruction. I can only assume he meant actual environmental destruction. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

OMG, if this game has actual destructible environments I will be there day one.

I've been dying to play a game with that ever since Red Faction Guerrilla. Loading a truck full of explosives to detonate a building is straight out of that game. :D

Doffen

Original Crackdown is apparently my 3. most played game on the Xbox service. Only beaten by Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2.

MLCodest

All of my hype. Some people thought it was a weak closing, but this was probably the best game they could have ended the conference on for me.

MrGerbils

CG Trailers at E3 are hardly a new phenomenon.

And it's always sucked. And it will suck when games at Sony's conference will no doubt have some CG trailers too.

Complaining about CG isn't a dig at MS, it's a dig at the state of the games industry.

ThatGuy

Curious which studio is helping Cloudgine developing the game since they are only about 15 people. Hardly the size to develop an AAA game.

dat announcer

This and Phantom Dust got me the most excited to just see confirmation of. Nice that the art style is retained, too.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Curious which studio is helping Cloudgine developing the game since they are only about 15 people. Hardly the size to develop an AAA game.

Crackdown wasn't ever really a AAA game though.

It was pretty bare bones sandbox.

Which is why it was awesome. No Cinma Feel.

Dabanton

Very interested in hearing more from Dave Jones about his vison for this game.

Does anyone know if he'll be doing any interviews this week? What Phil Spencer was saying in the post briefing chat about the game was very interesting especially destruction wise.

If they nail that. This could be amazing.

Acheteedo

I can't let myself get hyped for destructible buildings. But that trailer certainly put the thought in my head.

Oh lord can you imagine.

Either way, super psyched for more crackdown!

oldergamer

I don't get the people saying This was CG & that was CG. MS showed a lot of playable games at the conference and it's not like they were out trying to fool anyone that footage wasn't pre-renders. Sony is going to have pre-rendered footage too.

Raide

Crackdown wasn't ever really a AAA game though.

It was pretty bare bones sandbox.

Which is why it was awesome. No Cinma Feel.

This! I did not really care about the overall story. I just wanted to jump up buildings and get those damn orbs!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was so damn happy hearing the voice alone already.

That scope and destruction is surely possible for whenever the game comes out, as there wasn't anything there that didn't happen in Crackdown 1. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I'd expect the new Crackdown will look like - the style and graphics look just like it could represent what we'll be seeing in the future for the game.

Damn I'm so hyped for this game - when Phil said that it was being developed by the guy responsible for the first (and best) Crackdown, I knew I had zero worries about the game gameplay-wise.

Bcwzg3O.png

DMA fuel?

QlYIibS.gif

I hope the level of destructibility shown in the trailer is indicative of what we'll be getting in the game. That would be amazing.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Looks fun, but i'll be surprised if it has that level of destruction. I'd imagine things on that scale would be only available during missions and not just fucking around.

That's the conference in a nutshell. I really wish companies would recognize cg isn't the reward to gamers it used to be. No one is amazed by pretty cg anymore. Show us the actual game. Crackdown, phantom dust, the Platinum game, halo 5...smh. Cg trailers are just one step above a simple verbal announcement.

I agree with this.

And I hope the game is good. I will buy an Xbone just for this. I get the feeling so many CGI trailers were put out because of how badly the year has gone for Microsoft. They need to turn the ship around and the only way to do that is with games.

Top Bottom