• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Remastered

If they're remaking the first three Crash games then cool I guess. If they're remastering them... what?! How do you even remaster a PS1 game for the PS4? If it's a port type deal like FFVII then wow, that's total non-news.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Looking forward to the remasters at least. At least we have them, with maybe a new (hopefully equally good) game to follow.

Coming first to ps4 is what he said right?

Should be fully exclusive, Sony has some rights related to the four by Naughty Dog and Crash Bash I believe.

xxl30001

Banned
I bet all of your asses these remastered versions didn't exist until this very day, when someone at Sony stopped being stupid and realized this Skylanders-only announcement of Crash would not go over well.

Didn't they say this was coming in October? The games are well into development then, weird that they didn't show anything though, perhaps we will at E3 show floor or something.

prwxv3

I wonder if these remastered versions even existed before today, when someone at Sony stopped being stupid and realized this Skylanders-only announcement of Crash would not go over well.

These things are planned way in advance dude.

HardRojo

• Keep his appearance from those games
  • Remaster/remake a la Ratchet and Clank
  • Keep the mechanics, do not add pointless stuff unless it makes sense
  • Show us something at least so we have an idea of what we're getting :(

Calm Mind

Ck4MUduWYAAwPHz.jpg

What the fuck is this?

Yes, it does. PS1 graphics are very ancient in this day & age.

If they were actually going to do an R&C style reimagining, first they wouldn't be doing 3 games. Second, they would have stressed that it was a full on remake and NOT a remaster.

You're absolutely insane if you expect this to be as completely new as R&C.

Lijik

Hopefully this is just a case of Skylanders making every character look ugly but jesus christ I hope he doesn't look like this in the remasters.

Other than the eyes which look kind of awkward, the actual ingame model in Skylanders just looks like an HD Crash Bandicoot.

Wazzy

Banned
Some people in here overreacting. Crash looks great and way better than his shit other designs after the first three games.

Tambini

Surely they can't be anything near Ratchet and Clank if it's coming out in October and we didn't even see anything of it

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I hadn't caught that they said from the ground up for sure, but they tweeted it. Hopefully it means like R&C.

s71tTCK.png

Surely they can't be anything near Ratchet and Clank if it's coming out in October and we didn't even see anything of it

I'm pretty sure October is for Skylanders.

Looking forward to the remasters at least. At least we have them, with maybe a new (hopefully equally good) game to follow.

Should be fully exclusive, Sony has some rights related to the four by Naughty Dog and Crash Bash I believe.

Likely ONLY the OG PS1 releases, why?

Because Vicarious had ZERO issue using all those assets in their GBA games. Ripped straight out of the HDD's from the development of the PS1 games they said I remember.

They even somehow were able to credit Naughty Dog (despite them being owned by Sony by that point) in all versions of Nitro Kart. I believe Nitro Kart used cut material from CTR, likely why the credit seemed necessary.

Top Bottom