• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Remastered

Really excellent news to be honest, i think that's the best thing they can likely offer. Hopefully they're release a trailer later during E3. Perhaps they didn't generation 5 remaster on the big screen. Could just be super early in development though.

Ash735

By the way, that Crash design in Skylanders:

CrashBandicoot20Years2c.jpg

A recent drawing from Charles Zembillas, the ORIGINAL Concept Artist at Naughty Dog during Crash 1, 2, 3 CTR.

Crash is the new Shenmue. “It’s coming….but we don’t know when.”

He also seems to be a little too 90’s for Skylanders. A lot of edgey attitude going on there, that a post-TonyHawkBeingSomeoneKidsRecognize world might not jive well with.

This comes just in time, as a few days ago I realized that I couldn’t find my disc for Crash 1.

So I'm confused... Will the remastered/future games be PlayStation exclusive? Sounds like they won't be? I can't see why they wouldn't release on Xbox One if Activison is developing it and publishing it.

Feorax

This is a launch Ps1 game were talking about here. Giving a couple of assets a quick touch up really isn't going to cut it on a 1080p TV set.

Tapejara

While I wanted a new game (and preferably the IP back in Sony's hands), I'll take a remaster of the first three games. Hopefully they don't use the model from Skylanders :/.

Elios83

These will likely be treated like the R&C reboot, of course they're not putting the Psone graphics in HD.
Can't wait =)

This is all a test! Depending on how well the remaster does, Activision might allow Sony to go all out and create Crash 4. I'm speculating but I'm still hyped since I've been playing the Crash trilogy on PS1 XD

They can't just do a simple port & call it a day.

It has to be done exactly the same way like Insomanic did Ratchet & Clank, or people will be turned off by them.

lol. no it doesn't, and sony clearly isn't ready to invest heavily in this. I'd wager this is them testing the waters.

Yawnier

Banned
Remastered from the ground up makes it sound like it is a remake, no?

Almost seems like they are gonna be testing the market with this. If these remasters sell well perhaps they will develop an all new Crash game afterwards.

I'm curious which studio will handle this as well.

Gangxxter

Damn I got SO excited when I heard the original Crash music on stage! But I got quickly slightly disappointed... I was so sure Crash is owned by Sony now.

Remaster sounds nice, but nothing more.

Crash in Skylanders looks... at least better than in Titans/Mind over Mutants but his design doesn't hold up to his original one. It seems though they try to go back to the roots with his personality. The sound effects, move set and animations strongly remind me of the PS1 Crash.

I am sad...

jett

D-Member
I wonder if these remastered versions even existed before today, when someone at Sony stopped being stupid and realized this Skylanders-only announcement of Crash would not go over well.

Why are people upset? It's remastered from the ground up

Ratchet and Clank was a remake.

These will be the same games with new visuals, instead of a redone with new gameplay

That's a pretty solid start

CronoShot

The PS1 games haven't aged terribly well at this point, so I hope Remastered means "basically a whole new game, but with the same story/settings."

Top Bottom