• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Reveal Trailer (June 21, 2019)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I missed the reveal, the trailer looks nice but I can't find a 60fps version anywhere? The PS channel also has it at 30fps. What gives?

Last edited:

Blood Borne

This is the best kart racer ever made. I still play it. It’s one of the few kart games this actually requires skill and not just power ups. Mod Nation Racing is a close second.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
The game looks really good, and is probably the one I'm most looking forward to this year.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Those look great. I was expecting to see a bit more of Polar.

Honestly, Team Sonic Racing stud no chance.
While I feel Team Sonic Racing is too slow, Crash Team Racing appears to be even slower to me. I will prioritise Sonic, because Sumo has delivered excellence in Transformed, but I will likely buy both.

Saber

Gold Member
While I feel Team Sonic Racing is too slow, Crash Team Racing appears to be even slower to me. I will prioritise Sonic, because Sumo has delivered excellence in Transformed, but I will likely buy both.

I notice that too. I dunno if it is intentional or an effect of lower difficulties. I'm gonna have to wait and see.

The only reason to I even think in TSR is because of Suno. But even that way I still think the game doesn't feel good, because I feel like this game has Sonic Team bad touch for bad decisions. If anything I'm better staying with CTR and wait if any of their previous games is re-release again.

mcjmetroid

I'd rather play a new game than a remake.

In all fairness it practically is a new game. It'll offer the same content a sequel would have.

If it was Crash Team racing 2 you'd expect some familiar tracks, updated graphics, online play and perhaps a few new tracks.
For a racing game it's one in the same.

cireza

If it was Crash Team racing 2 you'd expect some familiar tracks, updated graphics, online play and perhaps a few new tracks.
Well this will depend on the person.

For a new game I expect 100% new tracks, updated characters + new ones and updated mechanics + new ones + some others removed etc... Eventually remake a few tracks, but they need to be updated somehow.

I expect something like Sonic All Stars Racing to Sonic Racing Transformed. Mario Kart Double Dash is still the best of the series for me, because all others failed at bringing anything meaningful to the series, while removing the double pilot mechanic. Smash Bros Melee is still the best, because the following games failed at bringing meaningful changes as well.

Lazy sequel or remake = not interested, as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Well this will depend on the person.

For a new game I expect 100% new tracks, updated characters + new ones and updated mechanics + new ones + some others removed etc... Eventually remake a few tracks, but they need to be updated somehow.

I expect something like Sonic All Stars Racing to Sonic Racing Transformed. Mario Kart Double Dash is still the best of the series for me, because all others failed at bringing anything meaningful to the series, while removing the double pilot mechanic. Smash Bros Melee is still the best, because the following games failed at bringing meaningful changes as well.

Lazy sequel or remake = not interested, as far as I am concerned.

I see your point and that's fair enough you just have a different expectation for new games. You want something new and fresh.

i do sometimes feel the same way about Smash Ultimate. If you think about it there's no new levels and only a few new characters and mechanically it's much the same. I'm not knocking Smash Bros Ultimate here I love having the complete package( I skipped the WiiU version because... well WiiU) and I really enjoy the game but it's unfair when Smash Bros calls itself a sequel but has about as much content as a "Remake collection" with extra modes and such.

I'm getting off topic but back to CTR. I think to your point though, I'm fairly sure there will be new tracks and this game will have online gameplay which is a fantastic new attention for a sequel. I also want to wait to hear about the battle mode. The battle mode in CTR was better than anything Mario Kart had and still has to offer. They could expand on this greatly with team gameplay and bigger maps. I think this is the part nobody is talking about.

The way I see it is for the NSane trilogy they had 3 games in 1 and this will only be 1 racing game. Not to mention that CTR isn't really as popular as the platformers.They will have to jam it with content to make people see the value.

The Skull

Dissapointed by no PC version. Did crash trilogy sell that poorly on steam? Here's hoping the enhanced consoles get a high frame rate option.

Fake

This trailer was in the other hand superb. Four splitscreen is a must for those type of games. Really looking foward.

This was one of my most played PS1 titles of all time, and I'm so happy to see it coming out.

I know, deep in my heart, that it was absolute shit.... but a small part of me really wants to see a Crash Bash remake too.

Pinktaco

Wow, talk about a ripoff.
The nitro oxide edition is 20 euro more expensive in Denmark, than the original game. For that you get 4 skins and the opportunity to play as a character you'll otherwise unlock by actually playing the game.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm glad it's just useless stuff such as extra drivers and karts and not extra tracks.

Theres a tweet with a screenshot of the game saying that all this can be unlock normally through challanges and missions.

bosnianpie

They really put in effort to make this something more than just a CTR remake but it worries me that so much emphasis is being put on games beyond the original trilogy and CTR itself. A third of the characters are from the games that made the franchise decline.

Also with this much customization and the term "Wumpa Coins" being introduced I think they are infesting the game with microtransactions or loot boxes.

Dissapointed by no PC version. Did crash trilogy sell that poorly on steam? Here's hoping the enhanced consoles get a high frame rate option.

Yeah, I didn't realize until now that it's not launching on PC, I'm very disappointed.

Do you think a PC version might come later? Did the Crash trilogy actually sell poorly on Steam?

Exentryk

The gameplay is looking good. Can't wait to try it for myself. I really hope they've kept the high level mechanics and controls like u-turns.

D.Final

Banned
I'm literally counting the days left to finally be able to return to playing one of the best kart racing games ever made :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Top Bottom