• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepiest monster in gaming?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 monsters are creepy looking. I need pics though. :(

abstract alien said:
I do not find twitching / hysterically laughing / long haired female children / odd ball enemies creepy at all. Am I alone?

Don't worry, I don't find Giygas creepy too.

Centaur from Fallout 3

FO3_Centaur.jpg

radjago

That damn tree from Raiders of the Lost Ark on Atari 2600.

raiders.gif

I was terrified of heights as a child and I would always get freaked out trying to avoid the thief and fall to my doom. I still haven't ever beaten that game. I don't think I could even now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I think Giygas is more sad than creepy, actually. But it doesn't look like he mentioned him at all.

Someone posted pics and quoted him. I thought he's more like a trippy dude than creepy/scary.

Damn, I still need to find a place for those SH1/2 monster pics :(

Jokab

The hands coming down from the cieling in OoT (can't remember their name atm) and the things hanging in the cieling in Half-Life 1, that have like a tentacle that sucks you up.

DonMigs85

magicalsoundshower said:
Point taken, but once you realize he kind of looks like a mutated TV he loses quite a bit of his creepiness.
Haha, that is actually a pretty apt description. Especially when his face really starts to slump and you see the black empty space.

Risible

That Condemned bear video made me go directly to Amazon and order the game. Only $11! Sweet.

The things from HalfLife that were mentioned earlier in the thread, the ones that suck you up to the ceiling? Terrified me.

I tend to conserve ammo, using only the bare amount needed to kill an enemy. When one of those things grabbed me, though, I would just fucking unload into the ceiling with everything I had, ammo conservation be damned. I just wanted to be free whatever the cost.

Also, ANYTHING underwater scares the living shit out of me. Fuck that giant sea snake thing from Mario, fuck it right in it's giant, underwatery ass. To this day I can't play that level and I'm 45 fucking years old. That's just sad.

NotWii

Banned
- Giygas
- ReDead
- Wallmaster
- HL2 Poison Zombie
- Lisa Trevor
- Regenerators

For something to be creepy, it has to be slow moving and unnerving it seems
Crimson Heads are more terrifying than creepy

Also Spitters look like this in the game
Left_4_dead_2_Spitter.png

Much easier on the eyes than the beta model posted in the thread

DonMigs85

Risible said:
That Condemned bear video made me go directly to Amazon and order the game. Only $11! Sweet.

The things from HalfLife that were mentioned earlier in the thread, the ones that suck you up to the ceiling? Terrified me.

I tend to conserve ammo, using only the bare amount needed to kill an enemy. When one of those things grabbed me, though, I would just fucking unload into the ceiling with everything I had, ammo conservation be damned. I just wanted to be free whatever the cost.

Also, ANYTHING underwater scares the living shit out of me. Fuck that giant sea snake thing from Mario, fuck it right in it's giant, underwatery ass. To this day I can't play that level and I'm 45 fucking years old. That's just sad.
The eel is actually quite docile, it emerges from its cave and swims around but never actually seeks Mario.
I believe it was also in the other water level with the manta ray.

Lijik

Wii said:
Also Spitters look like this in the game
Left_4_dead_2_Spitter.png

Much easier on the eyes than the beta model posted in the thread

Are you kidding? That scares me way more than something that looks like a Halloween Town hooker.

Risible

DonMigs85 said:
The eel is actually quite docile, it emerges from its cave and swims around but never actually seeks Mario.
I believe it was also in the other water level with the manta ray.

Doesn't matter if it's aggressive or not. Just having it in the water with me gives me the heeby-jeebies.

VIZtt.jpg

Lurkers from Dead Space. Almost went with the brutes, considering what they do to Isaac if given the chance.

Dead Space frightens me so.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Demon's souls and dead space win this thread by a huge margin :D how can something look both disturbing and fuckin' awesome at the same time :lol ?

anyway my contribution

beware its a SPOILER for dragon age
http://i45.tinypic.com/ohmhbp.jpg

it was just shocking to see something like this in a fantasy game like dragon age :lol

Ra\/en

Vicus in Clive Barker's Jericho certainly was a disgusting beast. Not the creepiest thing I've seen in a game, but certainly the most disgusting/f'd up.
a_med_jer2.jpg.jpg

goodness..i sure the hell would hate to wake up the next morning from a nights worth of bar hopping with that thing laying next to me..creepy :lol

Pizza Luigi said:
spitter.jpg

The sound this guy makes is frightening as fuck as well btw:

zant.png

Top Bottom