• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepiest monster in gaming?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ra\/en said:
Vicus in Clive Barker's Jericho certainly was a disgusting beast. Not the creepiest thing I've seen in a game, but certainly the most disgusting/f'd up.
a_med_jer2.jpg.jpg
Fuck. That does look kind of creepy.

NeoUltima

I don't know about most creepiest, but those cthulhu-looking things(green tentactle face dudes) in Demon's Souls are scary. Hear that bell ring and your like "o shit".

G-Fex

Ra\/en said:
Vicus in Clive Barker's Jericho certainly was a disgusting beast. Not the creepiest thing I've seen in a game, but certainly the most disgusting/f'd up.
a_med_jer2.jpg.jpg

I was watching a video about all the monsters/bosses in Jericho so that's Governor Vicius as in from Roman time period. All the other bosses look pretty damned cool too. Too bad the game sucks.

mclem

Brak said:
This thing scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, Ocarina of Time in general was actually a pretty scary game at certain parts. Nobody ever really mentions that when talking about the game, but it can be really eerie and downright unsettling at times.

True, but I think Majora's Mask has the edge on it for scariness. The first time I ever saw a transformation sequence genuinely made me shudder a bit.

Melchiah

I wonder about those who were scared by something from Pokemon, how old were you then?

I ask because I started to watch horror films when I was 8-9 years old; the first one was Bride of Frankenstein, then came the Hammer horror films, and from there to The Evil Dead, Halloween, Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street and the like, before I was 12. I'm quite confident I'd have never found anything Pokemon (or Nintendo in general) related scary.

faceless007 said:
Jesus fuck where is that from? I don't know whether to throw up or go get the game.
Siren Blood Curse/New Translation. She's pretty cute otherwise!
sirennurse.jpg

(cept for the undeadness and blood draining out of eyes-thing)

AbsolutelyBatty

Neo Member
Oh man, RE3's Nemesis scared me so badly when I was little. He was one of the first enemies that could follow you from room to room, and I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought I was safe once I'd reached the next room, then next thing I know he had crashed through the door and thrown me into the wall. GAME OVER D:

Birkin also freaked me out:
30hopjk.jpg

AbsolutelyBatty said:
Oh man, RE3's Nemesis scared me so badly when I was little. He was one of the first enemies that could follow you from room to room, and I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought I was safe once I'd reached the next room, then next thing I know he had crashed through the door and thrown me into the wall. GAME OVER D:

Birkin also freaked me out:
Oh yes yes yes

Especially with the aspect of his human features getting absorbed and the new head on his shoulder...

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
xe4k1w.jpg

Probably not the creepiest in all of gaming, but definitely the most recent that comes to mind. They spooked me out in HL2 more than Head Crab Zombies or anything else!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lijik said:
Are you kidding? That scares me way more than something that looks like a Halloween Town hooker.

Left 4 Dead 2 isnt even a scary game anyway. Most of the time i killed a Spitter, they were on the other side of the road/corridor.

Gattsu25 said:
Same character? I really need to finish that game!
Yeah, it this and the original, the Shibito mutate over time, into Fly Shibito, Crawling Shibito, Maggot Shibito, and Brain Shibito, which she is. And all of the Brain Shibito have a unique appearence

Neiteio

I love the look of Siren Blood Curse's world. I recommend everyone download the PS3 demo and play in first-person. Not only does it make the controls easier, but you can better appreciate the oily black shadows and blood-red sky... I love it. :)

ultron87

I can't find a screenshot, but the man-sized beetle scorpion things with a bunch of human faces instead of a head from the third world of Demon's Souls are my definition of a nightmare.

*shudder*

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ultron87 said:
I can't find a screenshot, but the man-sized beetle scorpion things with a bunch of human faces instead of a head from the third world of Demon's Souls are my definition of a nightmare.

*shudder*

Yeah those things are really gross, especially when they freak out after you chop off their tail. [/dry heave]

Stencil

pic.php

This girl always creeped me out. Especially the music.

edit: K well I don't know why it doesn't show up as an image... What am I doing wrong?!
It's the trap girl from Earthbound

THE HAND from Zelda: OoT

The one which grabs you in the
Forest Temple then brings you back to the beginning of the stage...

along with the creepy ass music, it definitely scares me to this day...

Weird enough though, Dead Space didn't scare me one bit.

I couldn't find a picture of it ingame but this was a close enough resemblance...

theunbornwallpaper51280.jpg

Spider Shibito from Siren: Blood Curse (New Translation)

God I hated these. Their animations were so disturbing that I had to put the controller down upon the first reveal of one.

Chuckie

This one always freaked me out from Ocarina of Time.

You would walk into the House of Skulltula (which was already kinda scary)

Houseofskulltula.jpg

And you would meet this:

skulltula.jpg

I mean wtf.... a boys face distorted on a spiders back.. and an arm hanging out.

NotWii

Banned
Tence said:
This one always freaked me out from Ocarina of Time.

skulltula.jpg

I mean wtf.... a boys face distorted on a spiders back.. and an arm hanging out.
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were darker than anything since by a long shot

I hope the next Zelda will return to this level of creepiness, TP was a huge letdown

Lard

Banned
Oh come on
Everyone knows the creepiest monster in gaming.

Bobby-kotick-forbes-pic.jpg

Tell me that doughy zombie smile doesn't scare the crap out of you?

Top Bottom