• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII- for PSP announced

Meier

Whoa, release date is 2006. Talk about announcing far in advance. Killer app though for sure... or potentially at least, I guess the same thing was probably said when it was announced Square would be putting FF games on the WonderSwan years ago.

explodet

Who was it that said the only thing missing was CC after AC (Advent Children), BC (Before Crisis) and DC (Dirge of Cerebus)?
TekunoRobby said:
Compilation of FFVII, so is this some sort of upgraded port?
Neo in his post states the genre is an ARPG - so don't hold your breath.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
crisiscore.jpg

Ryu

DAMMIT! If only there wasn't so much kanji!!111one!1

It does say action RPG in katakana though...

Hmm, the last three lines are just producer, directors, and character designers... and their names are in kanji... that's about all i got.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
explodet said:
Who was it that said the only thing missing was CC after AC (Advent Children), BC (Before Crisis) and DC (Dirge of Cerebus)?
Hah and I thought Square wasn't listening to their fans, looks like they are and their covering all the bases!

Ryu

It is another action RPG though... that is good news. I've been wanting some more of them anyways.

Yawn. Boring.

Edit: So why is Square giving us a movie, a cell phone game, a Devil May Cry clone, and a PSP action RPG (in 2006) instead of, you know, FFVII-2? The game fans WANT?

I don't really want FFVII-2, but I'd vastly prefer it to this scattershot milking. Except it doesn't make much sense to call it "milking" - milking is obvious, derivative, safe sequels with a built-in measure of guaranteed success. This is like shooting the cow with a revolver to see if the milk comes out faster through a hole in the side.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
explodet said:
Didn't Square say outright on multiple occasions that it would follow this naming pattern?

Anyway, ARPG sounds promising to me.

The only served in this compilation is the PS2, with that ugly shooter thingy. Talk about milking...they just should have ported a technically upgraded FFVII to the shitty handheld and advertise it with Advent Children UMD, while the PS2 HAS to get the new RPG in this compilation. Now what - if I want to enjoy all the pieces of it, I have to buy an expensive handheld, that I'd never want.

duckroll

Woo! I can't wait for Final Fantasy VII Erected Cock for the DS. It'll be set 5 years after Advent Children and you play as Tifa, working nights as a whore to support the "children". You rub the touch screen which features dicks of her customers to give them hand and blow jobs. YEAH! IT'll ROCK!

kpop100 said:
Didn't take long to squash the no PSP support claims here

What do you expect with lack of information?

Anyways, cool news, can't say I'm personally interested, with my lack of love for FF7. But I'll definitely get this mainly because my sister is in love with the game.

duckroll said:
Woo! I can't wait for Final Fantasy VII Erected Cock for the DS. It'll be set 5 years after Advent Children and you play as Tifa, working nights as a whore to support the "children". You rub the touch screen which features dicks of her customers to give them hand and blow jobs. YEAH! IT'll ROCK!

*rub* *rub* *rub* *sweet groan* *pixelated cummed face animation*

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
kpop100 said:
Didn't take long to squash the no PSP support claims here
Well... you still only have an overpriced movie and a game that won't coming out for quite some time.

Brofist

DarthWufei said:
What do you expect with lack of information?.

But man it was so obvious, and even with lack of information, there were many that were confident that Square would never support the PSP with any games.

Brofist

cybamerc said:
Well... you still only have an overpriced movie and a game that won't coming out for quite some time.

Well their PS1 support started off only with FFVII, and that was a year or 2 away also. PS1 obviously suffered from lack of Square support.

Anyway many people said a Square PSP game would never come out, so it's bullshit now..we agree on that much right?

RiZ III

wtf. How many stupid spinoffs of ff7 are they going to churn out? Make a sequel or remake and get it over with damn it.

Brofist

RiZ III said:
wtf. How many stupid spinoffs of ff7 are they going to churn out? Make a sequel or remake and get it over with damn it.

Well it's true these spinoff are kinda up in the air as far as how good they will be. But I'll still take a chance with new content over a remake any day. I put 200 hours into FFVII back in the day..I'd probably never touch the original in any form again.

RiZ III

well.. then again i wouldnt mind another ffx sequel spinoff
wub.gif
. Maybe one where Yuna is a stripper or something. But I digress.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
SolidSnakex said:
Have the PSP movie prices been announced yet?
JPY 5040 from that rumor post (that turned out to be correct) the other day. Other movies may be cheaper of course.

jiggle

I can't wipe this grin off my face:)
I love you Square, you never disappoints:)

So, um, does Square sucks again, now?

Wow, finally a good reason to think about spending my well earned euro's on a PSP.
Still need more to get from going for DS first.

tenchir said:
I heard this game stars Vincent Valentine and that the gameplay is similar to Devil May Cry.

No, that is Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus for PS2. Which looks like shit so far and seems to be pure action, by the way.

Brofist

cybamerc said:
JPY 5040 from that rumor post (that turned out to be correct) the other day. Other movies may be cheaper of course.

You can't relate that price to US prices, movies are waaayyyyyyyyy more expensive in Japan.

The typical DVD movie is released at 4000 yen+, SW Trilogy was 10,000 yen here. The US price for UMD movies I would guess be in the $25 range to start.

well, why are you guys excited? SE output this gen has been pathetic and FFX was rubbish. The fact that they're milking one of the Greatest game ever to death is a huge disgrace. I don't really care for the SE namebrand anymore. Last gen, they were huge; this gen; they've somehow managed to become unexciting and commonplace.

Fuck this shit. We need new franchises. BOO

tenchir said:
Man, they sure are milking FF7. So this is like the third spin-off?

Fourth.
1 - Advent Children AC the movie sequel [DVD/UMD]
2 - Before Crisis BC the handy game prequel with turks [FOMA mobiles]
3 - Dirge of Cerberus DC the AC sequel with Vincent [PS2]
4 - Crisis Core CC action RPG whatever sequel or prequel [PSP UMD]

jiggle

Final Fantasy VII characters will also be in that board game.
The characters were in Ehgeiz, FFT, Kingdom Hearts, and the upcoming KHII. Missed anything?
These games actually takes place in the same universe of VII, 's all.

Don't see what's wrong with that. Ppl love these characters and the story. Square loves money. Everyone win. Except the ppl that now hate Square, again...

Top Bottom