• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruis'n (Wii) First screens ahahahahahahaha and the plot thickens...

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I don't think it looks that bad in motion. At least the frame rate is steady and there isn't any pop-up. I won't be picking it or any other Wii racer up besides Mario Kart. Analog>Digital>Tilt for racing games.

It seems to look better in motion, but good god... that's beyond pathetic, and that's considering we're talking in the Wii graphical standard context. Shame on the developer.

Stalfos

So is this just a straight up port of the arcade games or something? Because I seriously thought they were showing old arcade footage at first.

Ok i just wacthed the trailer..

Wtf? They are using Licensed cars? They don't look ANYTHING close to the cars they describe :/

Also, Wtf is up with spinning cars? Reminds me of Hot Wheels games for playstation... :/

Christ. Why do devs release this shit, and WHY do people buy it? I want to beat down people that buy this shit when I'm in line.
*sigh*

Calcaneus

Fuck you Midway. The Wii's sales don't mean you can push out shit and it will sell. You know what I don't even care if you continually release shit over and over. Just don't touch you're older, better, franchises.

You ruined our nostalgia with MK and now you are doing it with Cruis'n.

Haunted

Stalfos said:
So is this just a straight up port of the arcade games or something? Because I seriously thought they were showing old arcade footage at first.
From the videos I've seen, it's pretty much a 1:1 port of the arcade game.

Not very interesting, imo.

xsarien

daedsiluap
It's nice to see Midway getting the most out of their N64 devkit.

(Seriously, I understand that the Wii caught nearly every developer off-guard, but, you know, a little effort won't kill a production schedule.)

Haunted

Amir0x said:
do you really see that?
Of course not, but it's a win-win situation for him. If it does well
- which it obviously won't -
he can declare Wii the destroyer of quality gaming, and if it sells like shit he can trash the Wii because of the bad 3rd party sales.

And I wish I was kidding.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Well, looking at the trailer, at least it looks like that they fixed the horrendous pop-up from the Fast and the Furious arcade game. Seriously, that pop-up was almost Saturn Daytona USA levels. I'm glad they fixed at. And... that's the only positive thing I can say about it ATM. :-(

test_account

XP-39C²
MadOdorMachine said:
I don't think it looks that bad in motion. At least the frame rate is steady and there isn't any pop-up.

I agree, the trailer doesnt look that bad actually. The screenshots on the other hand.. hehe :\

v0yce

barf.gif

I honestly see this selling well on the Wii, despite there being about 800 other titles from 1990 being superior to it.

It's a sad, cruel world, I know....

Cravis

I'm actually looking forward to it. I really enjoy the F & F arcade game. I'd love to have a Cruis'n with a decent frame rate. This looks to deliver. If the Wii control is good then I will definitely put some time into it. It's just good, enjoyable, arcade fun. Let's face it, the N64 Cruis'n games haven't aged well with their frame rates. For 30 bucks I'm picking it up, if it was anymore then I would pass.

Ranger X

omg the trailer...

I didn't think they could butcher a franchise worse than what they did with Rush... BUT THEY DID IT. omg.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ranger X said:
omg the trailer...

I didn't think they could butcher a franchise worse than what they did with Rush... BUT THEY DID IT. omg.
What was there to butcher in the first place? The other Cruis'n games weren't that good to begin with...

xbhaskarx

GSG Flash said:
The sad part is that when people say it looks like a N64 game, they're not joking...

There was a topic when the first screens were shown
http://forums.midway.com/general_discussion/b10703/27347053/p1/?40

Thanks for finding that, I was too lazy to look for it myself.

dv8withn8
Title: Moderator

"It is for Wii. You can't exactly expect PGR4 or Forza 2 level of detail."

"The screens he posted are also photos of photos as well. I'll admit I think they're sub-par but it's still not representative of their final quality."

Here's the thing: The Wii should be giving us PGR1 or PGR2 level of visuals. Anything less than that is a stunning example of a 4 person dev team on a shoe-string budget, headed up by Bob the Retard Apeman who is more interest win sniffing his finger than making a good game.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Has this one been posted yet...?

actual_gameplay.jpg

Gahiggidy said:

actual_gameplay.jpg

Blurring the screen and darkening it up a bit from a dev is not what I'd call "Improvement". Sure, I can take my dogs outside and let them "do their business" in the front yard.....but no matter how much Febreeze I spray in that area, I still have a pile of crap in my front yard.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Gahiggidy said:

actual_gameplay.jpg
Did they have to put the actual gameplay disclaimer in there? :lol
And going back to something earlier in this thread... Golden Darkness, do you mean that the Raw Thrills guys are behind this??? Tell 'em to put the F&F Drift cars and tracks in there...

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Hey give the game a chance. It could actually be fun. maybe it is indeed a 9.99 game, or wii ware game.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Jea Song said:
Hey give the game a chance. It could actually be fun. maybe it is indeed a 9.99 game, or wii ware game.

To be frank, for this game to come away with a good score it needs gameplay Midway hasn't delivered in years.

Can someone please show some of the old Cruisin' USA shots running on an old 3Dfx video card, in all of it's 640x480 glory, so we can finally put into perspective how BAD these shots truely are?

Link from Gamesultra for the game: Rush 2049 (3Dfx Hardware from what? 10+ years ago?)

AL_work6.jpg

^^ and that's already 10x better than what we've seen for the Wii version.

Top Bottom