• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruis'n (Wii) First screens ahahahahahahaha and the plot thickens...

Chao

carzowned.gif

Jammy

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
So, that and then after Galaxy you're S.O.L.

There's always Zack and Wiki, SSBB, Fire Emblem: PoR, etc. along with all the quality stuff that releases on the VC. It's really not bad at all with some of the multi-platform stuff thrown in.

ethelred

I came in here because I thought it couldn't possibly be as hilariously bad as the thread title made it seem.

I stand corrected.

Mrbob

graphics dont matter amirite

This is...much worse than I anticipated. Note to publishers: We realize the Wii is a souped up Gamecube, but at least make the games look like souped up Gamecube titles! Even if graphics are not pushed first and foremost, it doesn't give a free pass to look like shit. :/

yoopoo

Banned
What the shit, people are using this game to troll the Wii? :lol

At least wait till 1UP's MP3 review before starting yout troll engines. Such low quality trolling these days.

Funny as hell thread though, except for the couple of pages.

Jammy

Banned
yoopoo said:
What the shit, people are using this game to troll the Wii? :lol

At least wait till 1UP's MP3 review before starting yout troll engines. Such low quality trolling these days.

Funny as hell thread though, except for the couple of pages.

Why 1UP's review? They're a shit review site and their preview of the game is even worse. Shane just seems so bitter.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Is it me, or did they just take Eugine Jarvis' Fast and the Furious arcade game, toss the Crusin' name on it since they don't have the F&F license, and do a quick port? Those screenshots look awfully similar. Why couldn't they take the F&F Super Bikes and F&F Drift levels and cars while they were at it? And I'm assuming the bad draw distance in the arcade games won't be fixed...

fernoca

sp0rsk said:
Aren't those scans from a brochure?

The ban is on English language gaming magazine scans.
Still scans..so I don't know why is everyone like "OMG HAHAHAHA WII SUCKS SO MUCH LOLOLOLOLOL" from a couple of scans..
Even when the game has (apparently) everything (plus online) of "holy santimony from NeoGAF" ..I mean, ExciteTruck..shouldn't people be "excited" that this game has all that (plus more) and costs $20 less?? :p

I'm not defending the visuals, but everyone gets together and defend when bad quality scans of Galaxy are posted, or when the scans of Corruption looked better than the direct-feed-pictures...or when the screen-caps of a GTAIV video made the game look like Enter the Matrix on PC with flat-tires... :p

And hey, at least is not a port of the Nintendo 64 game/visuals..which some expected. :p

Linkhero1

RumpledForeskin said:
How is it possible that more and more Wii third party games games are looking worse that GC games?:lol
That's what I don't understand. Why don't they even put more effort and take more than 6 months to work on a game.

titiklabingapat said:
NPD is tomorrow.

Because how can you enjoy something, unless you're sure that it's the most popular thing out there, right? Aren't video games about being popular and cheerleading for your favorite corporation?

Haunted

It's all fun and games to make fun of the game and Midway for releasing those shots, but that some people are actually using this to make fun of the platform it's on...

that's pretty low. :/

Fallout-NL said:
People bought Excite Truck. Why wouldnt they buy this?
mt1114812009.jpg

And I don't even like Excite Truck. :p

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Haunted One said:
It's all fun and games to make fun of the game and Midway for releasing those shots, but that some people are actually using this to make fun of the platform it's on...

that's pretty low. :/
People should mock it for being a quick and dirty arcade port...

Wii is not about graphics. It's about playing games a totally different way. Expect more games like this if Wii were to become the lead platform for software development in this current console generation.

The Dark One

sankao

Linkhero1 said:
That's what I don't understand. Why don't they even put more effort and take more than 6 months to work on a game.
Because first gen games sold ? They just have to assess how low they can go and still sell.

Linkhero1

DarkMage619 said:
Wii is not about graphics. It's about playing games a totally different way. Expect more games like this if Wii were to become the lead platform for software development in this current console generation.

The Dark One
Yeah and it kind of seems that it's not about quality titles anymore either.

edit: I'm not saying it doesn't have or it won't get but you know what I mean.

womp

How quickly we all forget trash such as Tenchu Z.

That said this is more of a case of lazy devs than anything else.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
DarkMage619 said:

The Dark One
More quick and dirty arcade ports? No thanks...

Captain Glanton said:
Because how can you enjoy something, unless you're sure that it's the most popular thing out there, right? Aren't video games about being popular and cheerleading for your favorite corporation?
Did people seriously expected this game to be anything but shovelware? :lol

Also, the screens look fine on my SD tv i use during Wii internet browsing.

Wow. It's getting harder with each convention to say that the third party situation on the Wii is better than the GC. With games like this, I'd rather not have third party support.

Borys

Banned
I wasn't trolling the platform, it was just a funny comment in a funny thread.

Yet I still got gangraped by the Wii fans :(

I wish I was in the states to get MP3 and a Wii this week :(

Haunted

Borys said:

You know I <3 you, but the gangrape was well deserved for that comment. :p

Borys said:

I wish I was in the states to get MP3 and a Wii this week :(
Ehn, the comment wasn't really all that funny though. I'd expect it from a junior, but you should hold yourself to higher standards of jackassery, sir.

Top Bottom