• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Cipherr

Jup.. and now that the first ICO of NEO is finished... I guess the people will also sell this one for BTC, as there is nothing on the horizon the next few weeks or months, outside of a possible continuation of Crypto in China.
Two forks so close to each other.. ALTs will bleed so hard i can't believe it. Maybe a small recovery right after GOLD.

The only thing that worries me is coins plunging through previous resistances. I haven't been following the market long enough to know if this circumstance would cause some coins to have to once again fight through old resistance points they previously broke through again.

That would sort of suck. ARK, NAV, LISK, TenX and many others I hold had to fight over steady and well paced growth to get to where they were. Would suck to spend the last 2 months of the year fighting to punch up through the same resistance levels we broke back in July
F1cEK32.gif

Hisoka

The only thing that worries me is coins plunging through previous resistances. I haven't been following the market long enough to know if this circumstance would cause some coins to have to once again fight through old resistance points they previously broke through again.

That would sort of suck. ARK, NAV, LISK, TenX and many others I hold had to fight over steady and well paced growth to get to where they were. Would suck to spend the last 2 months of the year fighting to punch up through the same resistance levels we broke back in July
F1cEK32.gif

Yeah, i feel you. I'm high in LISK but went there when it was around 136.000 and thought thats a good entry point. It was not lol, but at least LISK has most of its announcements and products in the future. Hope they time it after the fork, then i'm not concerned at all. I will just buy some more later i guess. NAV also has Polymorph coming out, so no worries here too, even if it gets delayed a bit. I would worry about coins that had their prime announcement now.. really no good timing.

I hate that I own OMG. I really want out. Would much prefer owning ARK to be honest.

Going to be patient though...something I wasn't when I owned WTC.

I hate that I own OMG. I really want out. Would much prefer owning ARK to be honest.

Going to be patient though...something I wasn't when I owned WTC.

How come you hating OMG so much? Seems like ARK is taking more of a beating and I'm starting to feel more and more like ARK has become a pump and dump with the manipulators out there.

I've only been doing this crypto stuff since july but I can say that this dump has done nothing for me. The first big dump I experienced before the first BTC fork really had me rolling and I panic sold ETH at a 40% loss.

Now, I'm just waiting it out. Actually bought more ARK and IOC and made a few extra BTC off of BLAS (bought at 50 sats and sold at 100+).

ARK is solid guys. So is IOC. We just need to wait a few months. I really believe both are, at the very least, a top 20 coin. Just hang in there and ride the waves. Everything will stabilize eventually. No need to sell at a loss.

I've only been doing this crypto stuff since july but I can say that this dump has done nothing for me. The first big dump I experienced before the first BTC fork really had me rolling and I panic sold ETH at a 40% loss.

Now, I'm just waiting it out. Actually bought more ARK and IOC and made a few extra BTC off of BLAS (bought at 50 sats and sold at 100+).

ARK is solid guys. So is IOC. We just need to wait a few months. I really believe both are, at the very least, a top 20 coin. Just hang in there and ride the waves. Everything will stabilize eventually. No need to sell at a loss.

Good advice for everyone here.

Only coin I'm really concerned about at the moment is BAT, that thing had a possibility to go up this week with Mercury release and now probably won't be happening.

I made the mistake buying some Chainlink last night considering that the market dipped today. Just my luck. LOL!

Drifters

Only coin I'm really concerned about at the moment is BAT, that thing had a possibility to go up this week with Mercury release and now probably won't be happening.

I made the mistake buying some Chainlink last night considering that the market dipped today. Just my luck. LOL!

IMO, $BAT still has a huge upswing when Mercury releases this week. I think people will bum rush the coin and we'll see abnormal spikes given the landscape. The issue is finding out long term what the coin is "actually" worth since I'm guessing the dad bod day traders or DBDT's as I call them will basically click, buy and sell within minutes to make money on the spikes.

Brohan

Holy shit my portfolio is being murdered right now.. Both Iota and ARK are way down and doesn't seem like either has hit a bottom yet.

But no point in selling at a loss now. Just wish i was better at day trading so that I could capitalize on this by increasing my stacks.

I don't want to worry about ARK since i know the tech and the team is solid but how does a coin overcome such blatant manipulation?

Drifters

Holy shit my portfolio is being murdered right now.. Both Iota and ARK are way down and doesn't seem like either has hit a bottom yet.

But no point in selling at a loss now. Just wish i was better at day trading so that I could capitalize on this by increasing my stacks.

I don't want to worry about ARK since i know the tech and the team is solid but how does a coin overcome such blatant manipulation?

I feel you. $ARK for me is down almost $20 bucks which hurts but I know the tech is worth it so that's why I'm holding on. $BAT is the same thing in a different regard, nothing else out there is like it. Everything else out there seems to be a total crap shoot right now given that it is dropping like flies. If $BTC doesn't hit $5k in the next week, I would imagine it will pull back and the Alts will get some love again.

Brohan

I feel you. $ARK for me is down almost $20 bucks which hurts but I know the tech is worth it so that's why I'm holding on. $BAT is the same thing in a different regard, nothing else out there is like it. Everything else out there seems to be a total crap shoot right now given that it is dropping like flies. If $BTC doesn't hit $5k in the next week, I would imagine it will pull back and the Alts will get some love again.

Yeah i guess having faith in the team and the tech is all you can do and just keep holding.

However.. I really thought that Siacoin had good tech aswell but look where that went 😅.

Playing the long game is really hard in crypto.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

BAT dropped when scene reacted on Mercury delay and second hit came yesterday

DonMigs85

Yeah i guess having faith in the team and the tech is all you can do and just keep holding.

However.. I really thought that Siacoin had good tech aswell but look where that went 😅.

Playing the long game is really hard in crypto.
Well, Siacoin has a massive coin supply and the tech is still in its infancy, so let's see

Brohan

Well, Siacoin has a massive coin supply and the tech is still in its infancy, so let's see

Yeah it does have a massive coin supply and long term it could still go places if they manage to get a good foothold in the market that they are going for.

I however am happy that I sold that coin and put that money elsewhere. One of the few good short term calls that I made.

Donos

No reason to act till fork shenanigans are over and the picture is clearer.
Except buying things dirt cheap now but the dell xps 13 i just bought put me deep in the red.
No shopping for me ;_;

Have to remember to buy some IOC before DIONS countdown approaches the end.

Dips like this really shake up newcomers. You sometimes can almost see the tears and rage reading posts on reddit/bct.

tzare

I think i will buy some ark, what other coins are solid projects? BAT? XBY? IOC?
I am still figuring out what is a good altCoin, so far just following what people say here, but would like to know a little more.

I also would kie to ask, which coins do have real world use? Now or short term? I guess that is one of the clues to being successful

Another question, i am going to transfer my BTC to a local wallet so i can have the private keys. How will i be able see the new BTCGold that i have once the fork happens?

Donos

I think i will buy some ark, what other coins are solid projects? BAT? XBY? IOC?
I am still figuring out what is a good altCoin, so far just following what people say here, but would like to know a little more.

I also would kie to ask, which coins do have real world use? Now or short term? I guess that is one of the clues to being successful

Don't do that. Or at least not without reading up yourself and thinking that it sounds good/plausible.

GAF is no different than other places with people hyping up stuff. ECC (E-Currency Coin) was also mentioned here long time ago which is a prime example of a shitcoin. Has a daily trade volume of 3000 $ now...

A lot of coins have a only a "planned" or upcoming real world application but most of them are not at that stage yet. SiaCoin or BNB are examples which are already in use.

Cryptocurrency subreddit is not a bad place to get a feel of trends and promising projects. I also subscirbe to all the subreddits of the coins/token i have or are interested in and stay subbed, even if i sell them. That way i see what is happening with the coin/token and don't miss major developments. Never went to reddit before my crypto endeavor.

How come you hating OMG so much? Seems like ARK is taking more of a beating and I'm starting to feel more and more like ARK has become a pump and dump with the manipulators out there.
Just being impatient. I don't really know much about the coin lol.

I actually put little weight into coins being "a good project with potential" because that would mean people actually care about the technology behind these coins. If that were the case then Litecoin would be selling for more than Bitcoin. It is a better coin tech wise in every way.

The truth is crypto is 99% speculation and no one cares of its use beyond that. I have been following the scene since 2013/14 and it has always been like that. Bitcoin will always be biggest because it came first - thats it. Everything else is just a crapshoot. No one knows. But my opinion is the tech behind the coins matter very little when it comes to market price. Just my observation from the last few years.

Donos

I actually put little weight into coins being "a good project with potential" because that would mean people actually care about the technology behind these coins. If that were the case then Litecoin would be selling for more than Bitcoin. It is a better coin tech wise in every way.

The truth is crypto is 99% speculation and no one cares of its use beyond that. I have been following the scene since 2013/14 and it has always been like that. Bitcoin will always be biggest because it came first - thats it. Everything else is just a crapshoot. No one knows. But my opinion is the tech behind the coins matter very little when it comes to market price. Just my observation from the last few years.

I would partly agree that it was that way but the Cryptoscene is not in it's total infancy anymore like it was a couple of years ago. It's gaining traction tech- and exposurewise. Even projects, which got thought out, planned, or started back then have only now working products slated for 2018/2019. Big players and even countries are now starting to explore Blockchain tech and how it can be implemented into the business. If you bet on the right ones, there could be more to gain than some nice pumps.

Inevitable, some players/tokens are going to swim over the others. That are the ones with the superior tech AND partnerships/marketing power.

Thats how i see it although i don't take all of this that serious and more as an interesting side hobby with the possibility of getting some free money.

tzare

Don't do that. Or at least not without reading up yourself and thinking that it sounds good/plausible.

GAF is no different than other places with people hyping up stuff. ECC (E-Currency Coin) was also mentioned here long time ago which is a prime example of a shitcoin. Has a daily trade volume of 3000 $ now...

A lot of coins have a only a "planned" or upcoming real world application but most of them are not at that stage yet. SiaCoin or BNB are examples which are already in use.

Cryptocurrency subreddit is not a bad place to get a feel of trends and promising projects. I also subscirbe to all the subreddits of the coins/token i have or are interested in and stay subbed, even if i sell them. That way i see what is happening with the coin/token and don't miss major developments. Never went to reddit before my crypto endeavor.

That is what i do, more or less, i follow what makes sense for me, despite being lost most of the time :p

I also plan mid / long term so holding my ark despite the bleeding and probably will buy a little more.. now i just wonder where the bottom is.....
Not sure if turn my € into btc/eth right now or wait, i am very bad at gambling. It would be just to buy alt coins or some ETH to keep.

I would partly agree that it was that way but the Cryptoscene is not in it's total infancy anymore like it was a couple of years ago. It's gaining traction tech- and exposurewise. Even projects, which got thought out, planned, or started back then have only now working products slated for 2018/2019. Big players and even countries are now starting to explore Blockchain tech and how it can be implemented into the business. If you bet on the right ones, there could be more to gain than some nice pumps.

Inevitable, some players/tokens are going to swim over the others. That are the ones with the superior tech AND partnerships/marketing power.

Thats how i see it although i don't take all of this that serious and more as an interesting side hobby with the possibility of getting some free money.
I agree that crypto is not in its infancy period anymore but we still are very early adopters. You are right though. This summer changed everything dramatically. The amount of alts popping up everyday. The mainstream attention. Things have changed.

tzare

are next forks hard or soft?

checking exodus wallet right now and a bit confused

http://support.exodus.io/category/140-hard-forks

not sure if i understand right. It seems everything will be fine but have to wait a little before i send BTC or the new BTCGold to prevent errors?

edit: i see this is also an erc20 eth wallet? so i guess i could send my ATS tokens there to have everything in one place

I hear you on that about getting impatient. I just did that with Blackmoon, I was getting tired of seeing it below the ICO price and sold it off over the weekend for Chainlink.

I do think that OMG is still a good project worth holding on to if you can, unless you are really itching for the money.

Drifters

are next forks hard or soft?

checking exodus wallet right now and a bit confused

http://support.exodus.io/category/140-hard-forks

not sure if i understand right. It seems everything will be fine but have to wait a little before i send BTC or the new BTCGold to prevent errors?

edit: i see this is also an erc20 eth wallet? so i guess i could send my ATS tokens there to have everything in one place

The hard forks piece is basically if you have a hardware / software wallet, you're in a much better place to receive the coins that if you left them on Binance, Bittrex or Coinbase. Again, it seems like what will happen is if you have $BTC in your wallet (and not on an exchange) you'll be given the BTC Gold and can send it to yourself not an exchange. Since the BTC Gold fork is still ethereal at this point, lord only knows exactly how this will be handled by all parties; Think of it like the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray debate all over again but with Crypto coins-- Each party thinks they have a better, more efficient way to broadcast to the blockchains.

Either way, I've got my money on having $BTC in a wallet rather than an exchange as that will ensure you own that piece of the blockchain and get your share of BTC Gold.

Fake edit: Holy..... 1.2M sell wall on $XRP this morning!

soymilk

Neo Member
I decided to invest $100 every month in Altcoins (a mix of Ark, IOC and maybe this month AEON). I saw the price dropping so low so I thought its the best timing to buy altcoins. But after reading about the BTC fork, I wonder if I should just buy BTC this month, hold on to it and get the BTC coin after the fork.
What's everyone strategy? Buy BTC before the fork or invest in the dropping price of Altcoins?

Drifters

I decided to invest $100 every month in Altcoins (a mix of Ark, IOC and maybe this month AEON). I saw the price dropping so low so I thought its the best timing to buy altcoins. But after reading about the BTC fork, I wonder if I should just buy BTC this month, hold on to it and get the BTC coin after the fork.
What's everyone strategy? Buy BTC before the fork or invest in the dropping price of Altcoins?

It’s your choice actually. It’s a crap shoot of thinking the fork coin will somehow be higher priced than an Alt coin... which doesn’t have any guarantees.

As said in the previous post: it's your choice. No one can read the future here.

It might make sense to get "free money" from the fork but consider the following first:

- We don't know how much BTCgold will be priced at

- Most people are thinking the same way you are which means a massive sell out after the fork and a pump on the alts from people buying in again with the new funds from BTCgold. You have to time it really well and there's no guarantee you'll be buying alts cheaper than they are now.

- What exchanges are gonna list BTCgold?

They way I see it, trading your alts for BTC is too risky. If you could maintain your alts AND buy BTC, that's the way to go.

Donos

So I stumbled across this while do some finance work and I have to say, this is some next gen shit!
Basically, you can use Google Sheets to track multiple exchanges and crypto coins in one place.
Link: https://jbuty.com/how-to-get-crypto-currencies-rates-and-more-in-google-sheet-1a57e571bc14

Thanks for reminding me about this. Saw it a while ago on cryptocurrency or best of crypto subreddit and wanted to set it up but forgot about it.

Man, really close to pumping another 500 € into alts. Some of These prices are just tasty.

Drifters

So maybe I'm stupid.... but how in the hell do I add funds on the Binance exchange to buy anything? Do I have to get verified prior to doing so?

Fake edit: So literally Binance is an exchange only and you can't "buy" anything from there, so I guess technically the same as Bittrex.

It sucks that we're stuck with (for the time being):
Coinbase / GDAX -> Buy $LTC -> Transfer to Bittrex or Binance, sell $LTC for $BTC -> $BTC to buy Alts, Alts to your wallets. I swear I hope that changes in the near future since it's a waste of money on the transaction fees.

hwateber

Jesus, the market dump this time around is just unreal. Wonder if the markets will even recover until after november. It's incredibly blatant how scammy this bitcoin gold fork is but people are still trying to get a piece of that pie

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Jesus, the market dump this time around is just unreal. Wonder if the markets will even recover until after november. It's incredibly blatant how scammy this bitcoin gold fork is but people are still trying to get a piece of that pie

I sold my BAT yesterday to jump on Ripple, this is a mess today man... I should have sold BAT on the 3rd for a decent profit and jumped on XRP the same day before the pump, would have made about 2.5-3k profit if sold XRP at 0.27.5'ish. Shiiiiieeet... Hoping for a bounce pre-conference on XRP. Haven't made the most optimal moves but heh.. Live and learn man..

I have learned to take good profits when they are there and ready and jump on something else for an opportunity. Have gotten too greedy holding out for higher payouts.. Have had multiple opportunities while holding BAT to sell for very nice profits but never dared while holding out for the Merc release.. Shoulda seen the signs to bow out earlier.

Hell even holding BTC since yesterday would have been a better move ugh.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I feel like this is a great buying oppty... just don't know what to buy. Maybe I'll double down on ARK if it hits $2. I still like NAV at this price as well.

I feel like this is a great buying oppty... just don't know what to buy. Maybe I'll double down on ARK if it hits $2. I still like NAV at this price as well.

The bloodbath in the streets this time is nuts and have to wonder how much lower we will go come later in the week. BTC Fools Gold seems like such a damn scam.

I wouldn't mind some $6 OMG though.

BAT even hit under .16 just a bit ago.

Did you guys get the free TRONIX in your Liqui accounts? I guess if you had created a Liqui account at a certain date, they did an airdrop. I received about 500 coins. I haven't followed this project at all, only thing I had heard was that it is a Chinese token.

syllogism

Did you guys get the free TRONIX in your Liqui accounts? I guess if you had created a Liqui account at a certain date, they did an airdrop. I received about 500 coins. I haven't followed this project at all, only thing I had heard was that it is a Chinese token.
I participated in the ICO, but decided to refund my tokens after the ICO ban. The CEO is the founder of Peiwo (Chinese audio live-streaming app with "10 million" users), rich and has solid connections, but there's little information about how long the project has been in development. It doesn't fill me with much confidence to see that the road map runs until 2025 and the very first step until late 2018. This is how the first stage is described:

Data Liberation. A mechanism of upload, storage, and distribution which is based on peer-to-peer and distributed contents. In the Exodus phase, on the basis of the distributed storage technology, TRON will provide users with a completely free and reliable platform for data publication, storage and dissemination.

Tron will supposedly be used on Peiwo for something soonish, but other than that they don't seem to have much done. I suppose it could still explode if things get sorted out in China and they for whatever reason embrace it, but I'm staying away.

Cipherr

No free fiat for at least a few weeks. Man my timing was completely busted. I knew about the S2X fork but had it pegged for late November and expected alts to stay steady until mid November. The BTCGold one snuck by me until about a week ago, and I had just put quite a bit in already. I really REALLY screwed up buying at some ridiculous discounts this time. I mean really.

Hisoka

I still ask myself if this is really just the case because of the forks. I would never panic sell in my whole fucking life, i did at the beginning with ETH and Antshares etc. It made me a man and i can still tell myself i was lucky, because i always made some deals to at least break even. But damn, isn't this something different? Look at this, this is weeeeks before the whole damn show even starts or started. I expect BTC to pop 5k before weekend.

The Rizza

The bloodbath in the streets this time is nuts and have to wonder how much lower we will go come later in the week. BTC Fools Gold seems like such a damn scam.

I wouldn't mind some $6 OMG though.

BAT even hit under .16 just a bit ago.

Yea I created a Liqui account to buy some DNT and 0x (which hasn’t panned out so well right now lol) and I received the 500 Tronix coins

Top Bottom