• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Cipherr

So jealous of anyone who had fresh money to put into crypto in the last 3 days. This is basically free money. Ark was as low as 2 bucks, Lisk around 4.75 and NAV in the .56 cents range.

Things are recovering now for some coins, and fast as hell. Those dips were gross. Would have been so nice to be able to buy in those. I hope we get another dip like that before 2x.

oon

Banned
Anyone else put some money in to Metaverse? Looks very interesting. It's led by one of the seven cofounders of NEO, they offer digital assets, identities, oracles, AND a decentralized exchange - an all-in-one coin, it looks like. It's very far down from its all-time high (crashed after that news about China banning ICOs, and never recovered), but it's starting to go back up again (24% over the past day at the time of this post) - it seems undervalued, given all that.

https://mvs.org

I strongly recommend doing your own research, but was just wondering if anyone else has thoughts on it.

Cipherr

Yeah ARK and OMG are surging. Im going to sleep, even though ARK was within 2 cents of my selling spot for most of my holdings Im not going to bother transferring it from wallet to exchange to sell tonight. Just gonna get some sleep and see where it is in the morning.

Donos

"How I lost 95 Bitcoin"
I bought my first few Bitcoins in 2012; eventually I got around 100 and managed to hold most of them until this point. Yesterday they were stolen from me. Shortly after I made a transaction, I left my PC with Electrum open, I believe there was a key logger waiting for me to type my password as when I returned an hour later, I saw my account had been emptied.
This happened shortly after receiving my hardware wallet (ledger), which I never got round to filling up. Obviously storing £350k(that hurts to type) on my daily computer was a moronic thing to do.
Be careful and best use Passwordmanagers. Don't think "my pc is save and clean" when handling huge amounts of $$$.

Also: free token giveaways from running/upcoming ICOs (like with ATS). https://mastersofcrypto.com/forum/t...st-sign-up-up-to-100-for-only-15-minutes.195/
You can use fake names and use emails you don't mind getting spammed on. Takes 5min to register with all of them. Please don't post refferal links to get extra tokens here so to not clog up the thread with them.
Doesn't hurt and you never know, maybe one of them is going to be actually worth a few $/€ in a couple years or you can take advantage of a pump.

Brohan

Be careful and best use Passwordmanagers. Don't think "my pc is save and clean" when handling huge amounts of $$$.
"How I lost 95 Bitcoin"

Also: free token giveaways from running/upcoming ICOs (like with ATS). https://mastersofcrypto.com/forum/t...st-sign-up-up-to-100-for-only-15-minutes.195/
You can use fake names and use emails you don't mind getting spammed on. Takes 5min to register with all of them. Please don't post referral links to get extra tokens here so to not clog up the thread with them.
Doesn't hurt and you never know if one of them is going to be actually worth a few $/€ in a couple years.

I should probably save up for a Ledger instead of buying more crypto for now.

I regularly scan my pc for malware and try to be careful what i do on the internet but that's probably only giving me a false sense of security and my crypto won't be truly safe until i put it on a hardware wallet.

This part really sucks about crypto and i hope that better and easier measures will arrive because if it stays like this it might really hamper mainstream adoption.

If this kind of stuff happens to people with a decent technological understanding then the average person won't be/feel safe at all.

Edit: OT but i just installed the latest version of the ARK wallet and damn it's so freaking slick. Awesome stuff.

syllogism

I've put some $$$ down on COSS to see how the whole paying dividends goes. If this takes off, we could be on to something here.
I'm interested in COSS as well, but been waiting on CMC to correct the circulating supply, as it's apparently closer to 93M than the currently listed 16M. Would likely bring the price down a bit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If this takes off, we could be on to something here.

Doesn't that describe every crypto :)

ARK lives around the $3. That's why it was free money when it got so low.

VTC is a coin I see talked about often, but for the life of me, I can't understand how it is going to differentiate itself from other coins. Stuff like ARK, OMG, XMR- you see what they are trying to do. I don't get VTC.

I'm interested in COSS as well, but been waiting on CMC to correct the circulating supply, as it's apparently closer to 93M than the currently listed 16M. Would likely bring the price down a bit.

Lately, a few coins had the same "problem" that drove the price up. I wonder if there's any foul play...

Since the exchange is so new, if they do a good marketing job it'll attract a lot of new costumers. I'm banking on that alone.

I am surprised nobody has jumped on PIVX. I've mentioned it several times here, it's another privacy coin with potential. I was hoping it would of dropped under $3 on Sunday/Monday to buy up a bit more on the cheap.

gaming_noob

the market doesnt seem to be overly exited ;)

Mostly being influenced by some ex advisors/ board members. There was chaos in their Slack this morning. A couple of ex board members coming out basically saying how they don't think Xfuel is going to work and that CCR didn't listen to their opinion on this tech prior to announcing it.

This is Borzalom's work and he believes this is the best way to earn dev funds instead of going ICO route. The Xchange (DEX) is working to use Xfuel. No going back.

inunderstand the viewpoints of both sides but ultimately can only choose to accept what the lead wants to do.

oon

Banned
Whew that Metaverse (ETP) I mentioned last night is paying off, I'm up 80% from my investment! But that's just ridiculously scary growth in a short time, I really don't know when to cash out, or if this is a NEO-esque thing and it'll end up increasing 1000% and I'll regret taking money out.

I know that whatever I pick, the market will do the opposite ahaha.

Cipherr

Whew that Metaverse (ETP) I mentioned last night is paying off, I'm up 80% from my investment! But that's just ridiculously scary growth in a short time, I really don't know when to cash out, or if this is a NEO-esque thing and it'll end up increasing 1000% and I'll regret taking money out.

Maaaan, if you eat an 80% gain, cash it out and step back and reinvest elsewhere or just make sure there's not going to be a correction. With that kind of insane gain you can afford a little time to make sure you choose properly.

Ah yes. Blockfolio has a night mode now.

I desperately want them to translate the BTC prices into USD in realtime ala Bittrex UI.

I hate having to use USD pairs to get quick Dollar conversions. BTC is so volatile that I will remember the value for 1k but it changes a TRUCKTON when this run up happens and BTC is now pushing 4900$.

vehn

Look at the history - just going to drop off again

Cipherr

Everything is red again, weekend sellout beginning earlier :p

Yep, crazy bear trap. I did manage to sell some OMG at $9.49, I checked it an hour ago and it was back down to $8.78. I used the same money and rebought it, but I wish I had waited as its down to 8.45 now. I like doing this swing trade thing with the dips and selling and rebuying but it really leaves a sour taste when you don't get near the bottom lol.

Brohan

Holy shit at bitcoin.

And yeah i was also wondering wtf was up with parkbyte.. That's just a plain old pump and dump right?

Hisoka

Holy moly.. what's going on on bittrex? So many P&D that crawl to the mainpage now. Seriously at least 4 coins with 100%+ without any announcement or anything. Shady as fuck.

Top Bottom