• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PC Demo Comes March 1st [Update: OUT - Press Enter To Begin]

strata8

crysisMP_medium.jpg

Yeah, I know that's a shot of Medium settings, but even on Very High that area doesn't look much better.

Igor Antunov said:
http://static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/crysis2/Crysis_2_Multiplayer_Demo.exe

Trust me, not much to see here dude. Netcode is buggy. This is probably a direct xbox360 port. I had my xbox controller plugged into my pc and as i was shooting with the mouse the controller was vibrating. Both control schemes are functional at the same time, which leads me to believe that this is a straight port.

Thanks.

Yeah, everything points to a straight port. But still, I'm curious, I want to test the 3d mode.

Red

Technosteve said:
temporal AA sucks dick on PC, i rather not have it. Playing it at 720p rez is a blurry mess. But i have to say playing it on PC the game play is very smooth vs the jankiness on xbox360
Temporal AA sucks period, and from what I understand the X Box version ran at a consistent 29-30 fps.

NotTarts said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12527604/crysis/pictures/crysisMP_medium.jpg[IMG]

Yes, I know that's medium settings, but even on Very High that area doesn't look much better.[/QUOTE]
what the hell am i looking at

Chiggs

Gold Member
Very disappointed in this game's visuals. So disappointed that I might buy Dragon Age 2 over this game. That's how bad it is.

EviLore said:
Feels like I'm playing through a gamepad emulator. Very negative first impression.
This is exactly what I feel.

It feels as though the game has tons of mouse acceleration that needs to have a toggle on/off switch.

aeolist

Banned
I don't really have a problem with controls or graphics (MP graphics are always worse than SP and there's be plenty of custom configs), I just straight up hate COD clones.

Will there be any objective based modes in the full release that don't have teeny tiny maps and random spawns?

comrade said:
Do you have vsync enabled? That usually adds mouse lag to any game I've played with it on.

At first I had it enabled with triple buffering but disabled it and the in-game vsync (and "aim assist" whatever that was...I assumed it was some kind of mouse acceleration). Still some aim lag.

Gvaz

Banned
Violater said:
Nice n smooth on my 5770, then again I am a console peasant so I know no different.

I have a 4890 (roughly the same as that card without dx11) and I rarely touch my 360 or wii, so I wouldn't say console peasant at least in my case.

jhawk6

Boonoo said:
And people are dubious when PC gamers express worries about 'consolization.'

Pretty disappointing.

It definitely looks like that the worries were justified after seeing the evidence.

Nekrono

NotTarts said:
crysisMP_medium.jpg

Yeah, I know that's a shot of Medium settings, but even on Very High that area doesn't look much better.

Are you really gonna make me boot Crysis to get there and take a screenshot on Very High?

SapientWolf said:
I wouldn't call the match after the first round.

The second round is later today when Dice shows the trailer for BF3 and Crytek gets their shit pushed in. Crytek still makes great looking games, but after this they need to realize they are not the best anymore and there is no reason for them to claim to be.

DSN2K

this is bizarre, tried to do a comparions...well Gamer and Hardcore...They look exactly the same WTF, no mistake here from me either, settings were changed with each shot...This Demo has to be lacking serious features.

Only thing I noticed in motion was the water!

Crysis2Demo-2011-03-01-05-24-03-91.jpg

Crysis2Demo-2011-03-01-05-25-00-36.jpg

Red

Nekrono said:
Are you really gonna make me boot Crysis to get there and take a screenshot on Very High?
Do it. For science.

DSN2K: those shots at least give us a good example of temporal AA in action (see fan blades).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
universalmind said:
Crytek is going to blame the PC community when this game doesn't sell as well as they hope on PC's.

After playing the demo I'm not sure they care at all if the game sells on PC.

Violater

Gvaz said:
I have a 4890 (roughly the same as that card without dx11) and I rarely touch my 360 or wii, so I wouldn't say console peasant at least in my case.

Did I mention that I'm playing with my DS3
hahahahah

Well this is depressing. I won't be downloading the demo. I have seen enough.

That GIF image couldn't have been more appropriate.

Crytek is going to blame the PC community when this game doesn't sell as well as they hope on PC's.

They're also asking for $60 on the PC version. PASS.

Jtrizzy

jackdoe said:
SLI isn't really worth it IMO. I ran with SLI for a while, but since it turned out that virtually no PC developer supported at launch, leading to the need for constant updates of SLI profiles, I changed my mindset toward single card.
I think what I'll do is start with a single 580 and see how it does. Although I am going to hold out as long as I can, probably whenever the BF3 beta comes out.

Are you trying to create an account from inside the game menu? It wouldnt let me log in with my existing account but it did let me create a new one from the game menu.

Got to try this today on modest settings. Really good looking game, not sure what all the fuss is about outside of strict settings and forced Temporal AA.

Looks alot better than 360 version, runs about the same (playing it 720p @ steady 30FPS). Not sure what the rig is (friends PC), but it seems to look shitload better than 99% of PC games we've played.

Despite any graphics woes - the game is awesome to play. I really hope EA have a big marketing push behind this. It is without a doubt superior to COD/BLOPS multiplayer in every conceivable way (except map count heh). Should be an interesting outcome no matter what happens - this is definitely the best contender thus far, when it comes to competing for the COD audience. I don't expect it to beat COD in any capacity - but I have several friends on XBL who are COD addicts, and their hype/talk for Crysis 2 is gathering exponentially. Hope it does well, maybe the competition will make Activision pull their head out of their ass and raise the quality bar.

Zzoram

Ysiadmihi said:

They will if they end up making less money with Crysis 2 than Crysis 1. It's entirely possible if the combined console sales peak at 1 million units and PC sales are down dramatically.

Nizz

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Who is this in your avatar? I swear I know a girl that looks exactly like her.
Sorry to answer late, not to derail but her name's Victoria Justice :) On topic, sounds like the PC demo's disappointing. :(

jackdoe

Jtrizzy said:
I think what I'll do is start with a single 580 and see how it does. Although I am going to hold out as long as I can, probably whenever the BF3 beta comes out.
Haha. A single GTX 580 should be well beyond what you need for the majority of PC games and IF BF3 is optimized, should run it quite well.

Gvaz

Banned
Gravijah said:
Please do it, I'm curious.
I'm not 100% sure, but this is crysis 1 at at least very high with high post-processing.

crysis2010-07-0319-44-enon.jpg

Please let me know if you want this thumbnailed instead. I felt it would have lost a bit because of how abload links things in thumbnails.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Ysiadmihi said:

I agree, but I'm not convinced it's going to do all that good on the consoles. Not like it's some big console franchise.

Gravijah

purple cobra said:
Sorry to answer late, not to derail but her name's Victoria Justice :) On topic, sounds like the PC demo's disappointing. :(

there's a junior with your avatar you should beat him up

i think his name is 360

I think you guys are over reacting, wait for single player to come out. Multiplayer in crysis was a lag fest you need a god like PC to play on the special high end graphics servers. I am guessing multiplayer is locked at DX9 inorder to get the best frame rate and netcode for everyone.

Also temporal AA sucks must have option to remove it! I can live with Aliasing but not blurriness.

Zzoram

If they only have temporal AA in the demo, it's very likely that's what the retail game is using. Thanks to consoles, Crysis 2 gets the worst possible AA.

Jin34

So I finally make a MyCrysis account and when I go to log in the game it tells me my username is invalid because I used invalid characters. I guess I was supposed to use an Xbox Live or PSN account.

poisonelf

Oh come on. I loved Crysis, both for the graphical leap that it was, and for the game itself. Those calling it a 'demo' are mostly console kids crying over the graphics, sorry.

And now this. Press start? On a PC game? Really? Why can't they design it as it should be and then dumb down the shit out of it for consoles. Aim assist default option?

I was really sorry for them about the leak and was actually happy to see PC gamers in various forums saying they will buy the game to support this PC gaming supporting company. Yeah, don't much care about it now, fuck it. Worse graphics than the years old predecessor, limited fov, huge weapon in your face.

After having loved Dragon Age so much to have it destroyed by that abomination of a sequel, this is too sad for me.

"But why do you care that it comes to consoles too? More people will enjoy the game, don't be paranoid"... I like God of War, just not in my Dragon Age. As for FPSs I can't find a similar analogy... I just don't like them on consoles, so please don't turn PC FPSs into Console FPSs. So sad.

Zzoram

Requiring people to make 3 accounts to play a demo is so wrong. Especially when the 3 logins take turns not working.

Also, did they make the HUD bigger to accommodate TVs? It seems like it's taking up way more space on PC than the original.

-GOUKI-

Jin34 said:
So I finally make a MyCrysis account and when I go to log in the game it tells me my username is invalid because I used invalid characters. I guess I was supposed to use an Xbox Live or PSN account.
same shit happens to me wtf...

Top Bottom