• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PC Demo Comes March 1st [Update: OUT - Press Enter To Begin]

Izayoi

Banned
Installing... I'm curious to see how this will stack up to the console version.

Is it still stand on top of the map with the turret to win?

EviLore said:
anisotropic filtering is turned off when parallax occlusion mapping is turned on.
One of these days I'll know what that hell that even means. But I won't have a new PC for another 6 months at least.

Hey guys I'm having an issue

vU8fh.jpg

I can't find a START button anywhere on my keyboard. I have it on my 360 pad downstairs but for this PC game, I cannot find the START button. Where is the START button?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Last set in low - medium - very high then no more derails :p

No AA (I normally play with 8xAA)

Low

crysis642011-03-0101-2okzk.png

Medium

crysis642011-03-0101-2gmia.png

Very High

crysis642011-03-0101-2jk7w.png

hteng

Banned
LumpOfCole said:

vU8fh.jpg

I can't find a START button anywhere on my keyboard. I have it on my 360 pad downstairs but for this PC game, I cannot find the START button. Where is the START button?

hover your mouse over to the text and click

LumpOfCole said:

Press enter on your keyboard.

spicy cho

What I don't get at all is that, according to various sources the leaked beta version of crysis 2 was locked to dx9 as well. So, if I were Crytek, I'd say "well let's offer all the graphical options in the demo that will be in the final product so people will know how great the game really looks rather than going by unflattering leaked screenshots." Now instead they've done the opposite. I really have no clue why they did this, but frankly dx11 or no dx11, the multiplayer is consolized trash far as I'm concerned. Not that any Crytek game ever did MP right, but the shameless ripping of halo reach and cod is too much for me. I'm shocked these words are coming out of my mouth, but I'm not going to buy crysis 2. I'll get shogun 2 and preorder witcher 2 instead. BF3 is pretty much the only shooter I care about now, maybe RO2 as well.

Red

LumpOfCole said:

http://i.imgur.com/vU8fh.jpg[IMG]

I can't find a START button anywhere on my keyboard. I have it on my 360 pad downstairs but for this PC game, I cannot find the START button. Where is the START button?[/QUOTE]
You have to touch START on your monitor I think.

Shambles

kamspy said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

Crysis 2 has been F.E.A.R. 2'd

My thoughts exactly. Another PC franchise where I enjoyed the original and watched the sequel be a shadow of it's former self.

Violater

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, the game looks great to me.
Now the movement speed and animations on the other hand suck.

sinnergy

I think it looks very good for DX9, I think most will have to eat crow when the retail version hits with DX11 support, everything to me indicates that at least in the graphics department it's going to be insane.

But I guess it's just Gaf being Gaf.

jackdoe

Oh yeah. Does that "Partial Nudity" tag in the ESRB rating mean that we'll see some Prophet ass? Cause there sure as hell is nothing to suggest that there will be any women in the game.

hteng

Banned
Violater said:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, the game looks great to me.
Now the movement speed and animations on the other hand suck.

alot are complaining about the blurry effects and excessive blooms and unable to change the graphical settings. Also, dx9 only, hardly takes advantage of current top of the line GPUs, and the fact that there's a "press start to continue" on the screen just to show this is a sloppy demo or a direct port from consoles.

sure it looks nice, but it also hurts my eyes with the constant blurry/after image special effects.

IceMarker

Can't login, can't reset password, can't create a new account. Fuck you EA for using Gamespy again, that service is worse than GFWL.

LiquidMetal14

MrMister said:
Can't login, can't reset password, can't create a new account. Fuck you EA for using Gamespy again, that service is worse than GFWL.
I had to update GFWL 3 times (for Batman AA) over and sit through 3 reboots, 3 passwords and login infos, and 3 reconfigurations of my controller. I would say it's not quite there yet but it's close :p

IceMarker

LiquidMetal14 said:
I had to update GFWL 3 times (for Batman AA) over and sit through 3 reboots, 3 passwords and login infos, and 3 reconfigurations of my controller. I would say it's not quite there yet but it's close :p
In my experience I have only had to update GFWL a couple times, but at least it actually let me log-in or change my info, they should have seen this far ahead that their servers would be under a heavy load.

LiquidMetal14

MrMister said:
In my experience I have only had to update GFWL a couple times, but at least it actually let me log-in or change my info, they should have seen this far ahead that their servers would be under a heavy load.
That was my first experience when I bought it off the Steam sale. I didn't bitch about it per se but someone else did and I piggybacked off his nag because it was a little annoying to have to go through those hoops.

Chiggs

Gold Member
LiquidMetal14 said:

That was insane, and I got to experience again when I played Red Faction: Guerilla. WTF.

dLMN8R

Heavy said:
How many of those sales were on a huge discount, though? I bought Crysis + Warhead for like 14 bucks in some random Steam sale.

I don't even think they care about us anymore.
These questions were all asked and answered in this thread. In short: Crytek has released numbers on many occasions, including numbers for before the game was ever even available for purchase through Steam, and other statements where they claimed profitability well before they reach even 2 million copies.

Dreohboy

Graphics were kinda underwhelming.

Still, I'm getting Crysis 2 for the single player experience which was done by a completely different team than the one that did the multiplayer.

Runs fine a 1680x1050 with a Sapphire 4870.

It's possible (but still funny) that the "press start to begin" is trying to act like the main menu is some kind of "suit bootup screen/operating system" based on the HUD-like menu.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thunderbear said:
Wide FOV looks pretty crappy in my opinion even if it's easier to see more. Only in few instances would you use a wide FOV in a movie for an example.

It's a personal taste, I used to play FOV 120 all the time back in Quake days but I am fine with the 70-90 FOV that's the standard these days.
70 feels like shit usually and that's the high end for console games. 90 is perfect and games shouldn't go lower than that.

Nanosuit powered by Gamespy server = never powers on.

I spent an hour downloading this demo, goshdarnit. I want to play it and force all the bells and whistles.

Will try one more time. :(

Violater

Dirty console peasant is pleased, I will save my lol's to see what the ps3 version really looks like.

15i6lmu.jpg

9id4w3.jpg

Love the slide

Kraut

DSN2K said:
welcome to Blur City !?!

1080p "Hardcore" Forced Temp AA LOL this on a 5770 with Athlon x3 445 ...runs just fine as well, easily 30fps +, was near 60fps when I had it at 720p.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/dsn2000//Crysis2Demo-2011-03-01-04-43-53-42.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/dsn2000//Crysis2Demo-2011-03-01-04-44-33-02.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/dsn2000//Crysis2Demo-2011-03-01-04-44-59-47.jpg

What the what? I'm on a 5770 and a Core 2 6750 @ 3.0GHz, and I barely get 30 fps on gamer (1680 X 1050).

LiquidMetal14

MisterAnderson said:
It's possible (but still funny) that the "press start to begin" is trying to act like the main menu is some kind of "suit bootup screen/operating system" based on the HUD-like menu.
lmao we should just create our own backstory and rationale as to why they made the demo the way they did. It's conspiracy level shananagans afoot!

My Crytek, my Crytek, why have you forsaken me?

*coughs out console peasant blood*

DICE, into your hands I commit my spirit. Save me...frost..bite..2...

Zeliard

I don't remember, did the Crysis demo have locked gfx settings? It's just incomprehensible that a company would limit graphical settings in a demo meant to show off the game in its best light.

I do remember the Crysis demo being unbelievably substantial, though. You could do so much in it. In fact, I think Crytek later on publicly regretted releasing such a sandbox-happy demo.

kitch9

Banned
Why don't people post pics of Crysis Warhead MP compared to Crysis 2 MP?

Warhead MP was well scaled back over SP, and I'd suggest Crysis 2 is no different...

Top Bottom