• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Metal-Geo

The Crysis games never really were outstanding regarding boss battles. Crysis only had one. Crysis Warhead reused it
twice
. Crysis 2 reused the Pinger
three times
and had a rather lackluster final boss battle.

Frankly, I'm not expecting any better this time either. Just wish for more challenging alien enemies.

velociraptor

i'll take this avatar, if not already taken! I think I need one too.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I will buy this eventually. Good OP.

Moff

great OT

I really like the crysis games, and thats counting far cry as its clear predecessor.

my ranking would be:

1. crysis first half
2. far cry
3. warhead
4. crysis 2
5. crysis second half

as you can see, what I like about them is the open world aspect, and I am really glad I read they want to go closer to part 1 with crysis 3, I even saw prophet drving a car, I just hope thats not just a cutscene.

that being said, I really enjoyed crysis 2, too. the options and possibilites the nano suit and the leveldesign offer still makes it one of the best shooter of the last few years. gimme crysis 2 with huge levels and I'll be very happy next week. oh and I hope we can unlock the game again early on origin.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh this launches in a week? Thanks for reminding me. Gotta go for my first ever Origin purchase. :p They preload right?

glaurung

A Polish gaming magazine gave this a drooling review.

They said the facial animations are better than in L. A. Noire.

Tacitus_

Any card promotions going? I need to upgrade to play this one anyway.

E: Hmm, there's a Radeon promotion that comes with Bioshock and Crysis 3, but I'd really hate to lose the PhysX eyecandy...

fushi

What, Nomad is dead?

Seems I missed out on quite a lot of backstory from not reading the comic.

DieH@rd

Banned
Any card promotions going? I need to upgrade to play this one anyway.

Crysis 3 is a part of AMD Gaming Evolved initiative and Never Settle Reloaded card bundles.
http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...mpaign-Includes-Crysis-3-Bioshock-Infinite-an

nsr5.jpg

If you buy 78xx card you will get Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.
If you buy 79xx card you will get Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite.
If you buy two 79xx cards, you get six games for free [Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs].

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Feels weird sitting this one out since Crysis 2 is my favorite FPS this gen. I'll be back when the inevitable next gen version hits. Looking foward to screens/impressions until then.

Tacitus_

Crysis 3 is a part of AMD Gaming Evolved initiative and Never Settle Reloaded card bundles.
http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...mpaign-Includes-Crysis-3-Bioshock-Infinite-an

nsr5.jpg

If you buy 78xx card you will get Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.
If you buy 79xx card you will get Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite.
If you buy two 79xx cards, you get six games for free [Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs].

Yeah, but Radeon doesn't have that sweet, sweet PhysX :(

Amazing thread title, Masterful

Skipped 2 because the demo convinced me it was not for me. Cautious about this one, will keep an eye on the impressions though.

The PC Screenshots thread is going to be overrun with Crysis 3 pictures I am sure. Looking forward to it, the chromatic aberration not so much.

HelloMeow

Thankfully, Crysis games never used PhysX. :)

Alpha Ceph? :-O I sense we will have [at least one] boss battle in this game. :D Btw, OST for C2 was magnificent. Cant wait to get my hands of C3 OST.

Its a playlist. I don't know if that's all there is, but it seems to be.

Enosh

the whole prophet/alcatraz thingy is kinda interesting

it is only prophet now "in there" or is it a new personality with both of them? if it is only prophet what happened to alcatraz? did his personality die or is it just suppressed, will he ever regain control? It's his body (or what's left of it) after all

did prophet know this would happen, explaining his rather very willing decision for self sacrifice?

glaurung

the whole prophet/alcatraz thingy is kinda interesting

it is only prophet now "in there" or is it a new personality with both of them? if it is only prophet what happened to alcatraz? did his personality die or is it just suppressed, will he ever regain control? It's his body (or what's left of it) after all

did prophet know this would happen, explaining his rather very willing decision for self sacrifice?
10.jpg

Eideka

Banned
Apparently, Crytek wanted to jump to AMD and optimize the game/engine for GCN [nextgen console cards :D ].

Indeed, that makes sense. The AMD GE program has resulted in excellent PC ports so I'm not going to complain too much.

AMD is hurting for money and trying to keep a presence in the industry. That's why they have these crazy bundles and why they were the lowest bidders for the WiiU, Durango, and Orbis
I hope they will be ok, Nvidia as the only GPU provider would be a catastrophe for us gamers.

Gbraga

Fantastic thread title, great OT as well.

I'm excited for the game, but I'm thinking about waiting for MaLDo before I play it, is that a wise choice?

OrigiNull

Am I the only one who thought that C2 was better than the first?

I loved that they made the power activation more contextual and felt that the narrowed scope of the environments really focused the action. As opposed to running through a jungle for 3 minutes and sniping everyone before they could even aggro on me :(

I did miss the destructible environments from the first but not its alien combat.

Well atleast nice for us AMD users, ran smoothly on my 6850 on the beta's max settings.

But confuses me why people above are upgrading for this game.

Tacitus_

Well atleast nice for us AMD users, ran smoothly on my 6850 on the beta's max settings.

But confuses me why people above are upgrading for this game.

I need to upgrade to DX11 anyway since my card does only 10. Crysis 3 is as good a reason as anything else.

Krabboss

Am I the only one who thought that C2 was better than the first?

I loved that they made the power activation more contextual and felt that the narrowed scope of the environments really focused the action. As opposed to running through a jungle for 3 minutes and sniping everyone before they could even aggro on me :(

I did miss the destructible environments from the first but not its alien combat.

I thought Crysis 2 was decent enough and I thought Crysis 1 was pretty boring. I am interested to see how 3 turns out.

kitch9

Banned
AMD is hurting for money and trying to keep a presence in the industry. That's why they have these crazy bundles and why they were the lowest bidders for the WiiU, Durango, and Orbis.

Yes, that's what it is.... Any other crevices up your ass which you can pull other golden nuggets of information from?

Top Bottom