• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Fitting OP. Will be buying the game day 1, possibly against my better judgement due to past multiplayer frustrations (although I played the beta and netcode seems tighter this time around).

cautiously optimistic, but no prone still = shitter than a shit

Game is too fast paced for prone in multiplayer...and cloak + prone + foliage = unbalanced as all hell.

DieH@rd

Banned
CD-Action Mag 9/10

CD-Action Mag known for reviewing big games early has reviewed Crysis 3 and gave it a great 9 out of 10. a user from Crydev forums named “pcrysis” published a few details about the review as you can see below:

it takes 5h to complete game in normal mode with sidemissions
there is something cool after credits
probably driveble tank
ending doesn’t exclude future dlc
last two levels are really big
facial animations better done than in LA Noire
you can see the cover of magazine calling it a MEGA REVIEW because its 8 pages.

overall 9/10
gameplay 9/10
video 10/10
audio 8/10
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=58774&sid=6fbb2087222b333868f79f17387c89d1

Lenght of SP made me :(, but at least im sure it will be action packed.

Dennis

Banned
untitled-94sdlrn.gif

Now its a thread!

codhand

CD-Action Mag known for reviewing big games early has reviewed Crysis 3 and gave it a great 9 out of 10. a user from Crydev forums named “pcrysis” published a few details about the review as you can see below:

it takes 5h to complete game in normal mode with sidemissions
there is something cool after credits
probably driveble tank
ending doesn’t exclude future dlc
last two levels are really big
facial animations better done than in LA Noire
you can see the cover of magazine calling it a MEGA REVIEW because its 8 pages.

overall 9/10
gameplay 9/10
video 10/10
audio 8/10

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512957

d'oh

OrigiNull

Would definitely buy this day 1 on Steam, seriously considering passing on it. Hate Origin.

Passing on it just because you hate Origin?

Honestly I have come around on Origin at this point. It runs super smooth, haven't had issues in forever, they release games at midnight local time not west coast time (I'm EST), all the games I run through is support cloud saves. Now all they need are some game sales that are actually worth it and we're golden.

Appleman

Passing on it just because you hate Origin?

Honestly I have come around on Origin at this point. It runs super smooth, haven't had issues in forever, they release games at midnight local time not west coast time (I'm EST), all the games I run through is support cloud saves. Now all they need are some game sales that are actually worth it and we're golden.

In all honesty, I don't HATE it as a client but I hate that I'm being forced to fragment my digital library which is right now 200+ games on Steam. Still might buy it but I would literally pay a $10 premium just to have it with my Steam collection.

Passed on Battlefield 3 for the same reason, no regrets.

OrigiNull

In all honesty, I don't HATE it as a client but I hate that I'm being forced to fragment my digital library which is right now 200+ games on Steam. Still might buy it but I would literally pay a $10 premium just to have it with my Steam collection.

Passed on Battlefield 3 for the same reason, no regrets.

Well if you passed on Battlefield for the SP then you win, if you would have played multiplayer then you missed out.

Can't you link the exe into steam library anyways and just log through both services? Wouldn't be much different than logging steam then Ubisoft's Uplay for Far Cry 3 or Assassins Creed...

legacyzero

Banned
Best OT title in a while.

Nice OP as well. I'm going to play this game.

and post lovely downsampled shots in the PC screen thread.

Well if you passed on Battlefield for the SP then you win, if you would have played multiplayer then you missed out.

Can't you link the exe into steam library anyways and just log through both services? Wouldn't be much different than logging steam then Ubisoft's Uplay for Far Cry 3 or Assassins Creed...

That's what I do. Even if Orgin is not open, clicking on the game in Steam will open Orgin then the game.

Momentary

Banned
Yes, that's what it is.... Any other crevices up your ass which you can pull other golden nuggets of information from?

It's common knowledge. Instead of acting juvenile how about you do research instead of feeling insulted over someone stating facts.

Here

Here

and

Here

I linked some references just in case you're too lazy to do it yourself.

Zeth

I feel almost required to get this day one since I have a shiny new GPU, so I'm trying to minimize financial damage. Should I go with GMG and get some credit, or Origin for the preorder bonuses?

I’ve got a single MSI 670 Power Edition OC’d to 1300 (core) and 3600 (vram)… I fully expect to be unable to maintain an acceptable frame rate with GFX settings maxed at 1920x1200. I hope the game is crippling due to amazing graphics and not poor optimization.

I’ve got a single MSI 670 Power Edition OC’d to 1300 (core) and 3600 (vram)… I fully expect to be unable to maintain an acceptable frame rate with GFX settings maxed at 1920x1200. I hope the game is crippling due to amazing graphics and not poor optimization.

Crysis 2 was well optimized, so it will probably won't be the latter.

Crysis 2 was well optimized, so it will probably won't be the latter.

At the time of Crysis 2 i had dual R6950's... that tessellation stunt they pulled with Nvidia (entire ocean below playing surface) was BS and crippled my AMD cards.

Though I recently played through C2 again with my 670 and it ran flawlessly.

DieH@rd

Banned
At the time of Crysis 2 i had dual R6950's... that tessellation stunt they pulled with Nvidia (entire ocean below playing surface) was BS and crippled by AMD cards.

Though I recently played through C2 again with my 670 and it ran flawlessly.

Well, Crytek jumped from Nvidia to AMD. This time we will get good optimization for both camps.

Zeth

I got really hooked on the MP Beta, was super bummed when I found it ended today. Considering getting it from GMG for the credit, do I miss out on the "bonuses" from Origin then?

I'm excited.

I booted Crysis 2 within 20 minutes of beating Crysis 1 for the first time. I did not find the game to be as dreadful as most people seem to have. I missed the foliage too, but it was a beautiful action game with great gun-play.

I got really hooked on the MP Beta, was super bummed when I found it ended today. Considering getting it from GMG for the credit, do I miss out on the "bonuses" from Origin then?

I preordered from GMG as well. I believe it comes with Crysis 1.

Edit:
From GMG:
PRE-ORDER AND UPGRADE TO CRYSIS 3: HUNTER EDITION FOR FREE!

HUNTER EDITION BONUS CONTENT:

• Become the Ultimate Hunter Online: Get early access to the new signature Crysis 3 bow, bow attachment, and “Hunter” Nanosuit module for use in Crysis 3 Multiplayer.
  • Multiplayer Head Start: Get a bonus XP boost up to Level 5 and gain the ability to unlock custom loadouts early.
  • Look Sharp: Customize your loadout, plus get a unique bow skin and three exclusive “Hunter” themed dog tags

Hmmm well I thought I saw something about Crysis 1 being included - now I don't see anything about it?

I preordered from GMG as well. I believe it comes with Crysis 1.

Edit:
From GMG:

Hmmm well I thought I saw something about Crysis 1 being included - now I don't see anything about it?

Origin has a "Digital Deluxe" version that is on Origin only, different from The Hunter Edition (Though it includes everything in the Hunter Edition)

AVAILABLE ONLY WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION: ALL THREE CRYSIS GAMES, SOUNDTRACK, MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF CONTENT AND EARLY UNLOCKS—AN INCREDIBLE VALUE!

PRE-ORDER THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION and get the original Crysis, The top-rated game that started it all and changed the world of first-person shooters. Get the full game plus the original top-rated Crysis and Crysis 2: Maximum edition. In addition, you get all content from the Hunter Edition and Overkill pack, plus the Gauss Rifle and skin early unlock, early explosive arrow unlock, SCAR skin and the Crysis soundtrack featuring 30 tracks of music from the game.

Digital Deluxe Edition Includes:
CRYSIS 2: MAXIMUM EDITION
The sequel, along with all the content ever released for Crysis 2.
CRYSIS 3: HUNTER EDITION
Become the ultimate hunter online. Get early access to the new Predator Bow, bow skin, Recon Arrow and Hunter Nanosuit module for use in multiplayer, as well as a bonus XP boost up to Level 5 and three exclusive Hunter-themed dog tags.
CRYSIS 3 OVERKILL PACK
Unlock the devastating Typhoon assault weapon and rain destruction on other players. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included in this pack are Typhoon weapon skin and two exclusive Overkill-themed dog tags.
DAY ONE GAUSS RIFLE UNLOCK AND GAUSS RIFLE SKIN
This futuristic Crysis 3 weapon uses electromagnetic coils to fire rounds at incredible speed for devastating penetration. Get your hands on it from Day One.
DAY ONE EXPLOSIVE ARROW UNLOCK
These Crysis 3 arrows are silent to fire but make a big boom when they hit. Perfect for groups of enemies.
SCAR SKIN
Get back to your roots in Crysis 3 with the basic U.S. Marine corps skin.
CRYSIS FRANCHISE DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK
30 tracks of best music selected from Crysis 3.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I'm thinking about pre-ordering this on Amazon, but I'm worried about Origin. I've heard that every time you install a new graphics card, you have to re-activate the game and it's a pain dealing with EA. Will buying the retail disc alleviate this? In other words, if I buy the physical disc and decide to upgrade or build a new PC later can I just uninstall the game and then re-install it using the same activation code that it came with after upgrading the graphics card?

RoKKeR

Great OT, well done. I'm starting my Crysis 2 run through right now with beautiful Maldo 4.0. I'm trying to convince myself to wait on Crysis 3 but I might just pull the trigger come launch day.

dLMN8R

Any indication if Crysis 3 brings back any sort of environmental destruction (small buildings, plants, trees, etc.) from the original Crysis that was sorely missing from Crysis 2?

sp3000

Any indication if Crysis 3 brings back any sort of environmental destruction (small buildings, plants, trees, etc.) from the original Crysis that was sorely missing from Crysis 2?

Nope. Crytek heard you like static level geometry instead.

Either that or they are limited by console memory constraints. I doubt that though since Crysis 1 on consoles has environmental destruction. It's more likely just them being dense as usual.

Will this game flat out tell me it refuses to run on my PC if the beta did?

The game will reach out the screen and slap you for even attempting to run Crysis 3

it will then replace all your installed Steam game files with copies of Runescape, at the lowest graphical setting

Top Bottom