• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

Salacious Crumb

zlatko said:
This is some weird ass shit. Why in the fuck didn't they do this BEFORE Crysis 2? Why in the hell are they announcing this a month before release?

Fucking idiotic.

Crysis 2 performed below expectations and this a quick and easy way to recuperate some of the losses incurred from porting the cryengine to consoles. That'd be my guess.

Mr_Zombie

October 2011? Really Crytek? Isn't this quarter already cluttered with must-have AAA games?

Also, I wonder how will they resolve suite powers. Will they leave them as they were in PC version, or will they change it so they will be similar to C2.

dLMN8R

onQ123 said:
" Official Recommended System Requirements

OS – Windows XP / Vista
Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory – 2.0 GB RAM
GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar "

now just think what devs can do with a console with the same specs as the high end gaming PC that we have now.

......make a game that looks as good as Crysis does on a PC?

Grayman

zlatko said:
This is some weird ass shit. Why in the fuck didn't they do this BEFORE Crysis 2? Why in the hell are they announcing this a month before release?

Fucking idiotic.
Based on the release date it is probably an XBLA & PSN release with the price and marketing to match.

Max

I am not Max
If you (presumably) can't play this like NanosuitNinja with a controller, why play it at all?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
zlatko said:
This is using Cryengine 3, right? Crysis 2 was a showcase for the engine, and they probably wanted to build some reputation on the consoles first.

Grayman said:
Based on the release date it is probably an XBLA & PSN release with the price and marketing to match.
The PC version was 6gb something. So doesn't seem like it.

Salacious Crumb said:
Crysis 2 performed below expectations and this a quick and easy way to recuperate some of the losses incurred from porting the cryengine to consoles. That'd be my guess.
It sold 3 million afaik.

dLMN8R

Salacious Crumb said:
It sold 3 million copies across all platforms as of more than two months ago, so it sold better than the original Crysis, but there's no telling if it sold enough better to justify the dramatically increased budget.

Wallach

Toby said:
Yay, now even console owners can experience the mediocrity that is Crysis.

Ah right, I forgot people still try to pretend this game sucks because of how far ahead of everything else it was technically when it came out.

antonz

Wallach said:
Ah right, I forgot people still try to pretend this game sucks because of how far ahead of everything else it was technically when it came out.
The game itself in the grand scheme was absolutely mediocre. The trailer just points out how stupid the gaming idustry press is. "One of the classics" etc.

It was ahead of its time graphically and thats where all its hype comes from. It was a rather bland FPS

MOG728

If this is $40 I might consider it, but there is no chance in hell I will buy this for $60 with all the new AAA titles coming out in the next two months

Rorschach

Who knew that the only machine that could properly run Crysis was a 360?

"Yeah, but can it run Crysis?" My 360 can, bitch! With new effects and lighting!

ReaperXL7

So i'll be honest my Rig has never really been able to handle crysis all that well so I never really got a chance to play it. So what type of shooter is it? The Trailer almost makes it look like a Farcry sort of sandbox shooter, but would that be accurate, or is it more level based with wide open areas for each level.

Looks interesting, I actually think this one looks more interesting than 2 did. So I may pick this up if the PS3 version does not have any major flaws.

Wallach

antonz said:
The game itself in the grand scheme was absolutely mediocre. The trailer just points out how stupid the gaming idustry press is. "One of the classics" etc.

It was ahead of its time graphically and thats where all its hype comes from. It was a rather bland FPS

Bland my ass. One of the very few FPS in this entire generation to even do something noteworthy in the FPS gameplay space.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
bhlaab said:
If this was possible all along why did Crysis 2 have such small, narrow levels? Are you telling me they actually did that intentionally??

of course. More focused design is believed to be more attractive for a modern player.

Grayman

Max said:
If you (presumably) can't play this like NanosuitNinja with a controller, why play it at all?
Some PC players seemed to really like Crysis' 360 pad support. I don't like shooters at all on a gamepad but I imagine for hardcores the suit shortcut controls (2x crouch, melee, sprint, backwards) would work better than aiming does on a controller.

cgcg

NBtoaster said:
In spite of it saying all footage is from the 360 version?

They purposely misrepresented console versions of Crysis 2 so why should people believe what they are saying now?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
antonz said:

No it wasn't. You were given a lot of freedom in the game along with some spectacular gameplay mechanics. Just because it doesn't have a cutscene every 10 minutes doesn't mean it's bland.

Warhead was even better than the original game. Definitely is a classic.

Meisadragon said:
This is using Cryengine 3, right? Crysis 2 was a showcase for the engine, and they probably wanted to build some reputation on the consoles first.

The PC version was 6gb something. So doesn't seem like it.

It sold 3 million afaik.

I'm pretty sure I saw the xbla and psn logo at the end of the trailer though. Crazy optimization?

Next-gen consoles still continue to deliver, they're even beating the almighty master race!
We really don't need PS4 and co.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
jooso said:
Should I play this before Crysis 2? For story continuity or something

They sort of (and by sort of I mean nearly completely) ignore the first game

First is the best of the two, by far.

Alxjn

antonz said:

It mixed sandbox design with linear objectives that can be approached and dealt with in numerous ways. It gave the player a weapon that allowed them to change playstyles without breaking the pace of combat. It made for an incredibly dynamic and fun experience, anything but bland.

antonz said:

Oh please, even with it's lackluster third act, it's 10 times the game of any singleplayer shooter released since, including it's sequel. It was as far ahead of it's time in gameplay as it was in tech, unfortunately the singleplayer shooter market has collapsed into who can make the player feel most like a glorified dolly operator.

It would be insanity if it was a retail release. It's the prequel to a million selling game, why stealth launch it?

As for the size, they could just release it on Games on Demand. It doesn't have the same XBLA size limit.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
chickdigger802 said:
I'm pretty sure I saw the xbla and psn logo at the end of the trailer though. Crazy optimization?
I've seen that in a lot of game trailers. It's pretty normal.

oiBdw.png

zlatko

Banned
One month to generate buzz seems weird to me, but if this is 15 bucks or cheaper on XBLA I'll be sort of tempted.

I'm curious if it will have the online multiplayer too?

gatti-man

antonz said:

The first half of crysis 1 is some of the best fps I've ever played. Graphics are some of it but the sandbox gameplay was a bigger part.

K701

Banned
Hmmm, Only one tree got destroyed in that video in a non scripted event. Crysis 2 for consoles was missing A LOT of the destructible environment from the PC version, I expect this to be even worse due to the open world.

Grayman

ReaperXL07 said:
So i'll be honest my Rig has never really been able to handle crysis all that well so I never really got a chance to play it. So what type of shooter is it? The Trailer almost makes it look like a Farcry sort of sandbox shooter, but would that be accurate, or is it more level based with wide open areas for each level.

Looks interesting, I actually think this one looks more interesting than 2 did. So I may pick this up if the PS3 version does not have any major flaws.
Haven't played farcry.

Crysis is not a sandbox like GTA. It has levels and you are told where to go. The enemies are only in the spots you are supposed to see them. There are points where you can take a wrong fork in a road and drive for a very long time and end up somewhere you aren't supposed to be for hours but there is nothing to do there yet on that "level" you are playing.

Last time I played instead of driving through a huge amount of battles and fighting my bloody way through a huge harbour section I swam around the island and snuck onto the submarine behind all the enemies. Unfortunately a script needed triggered somewhere else so I checked out the whole area "backwards"

The gameplay is very sandbox. Sneaking works and the environment is all useful there are youtube clips of putting C4 on a car rim and tossing that at a helicopter with strength mode then hitting detonate.

Almost all the areas in the game are open. Even when forced into a narrow ravine full of soldiers it is probably 50-100 meters wide with a right, left, and center being possible paths. When the game is at its best you get almost a 360 degree choice of approach to a goal. Strength mode lets you jump ontop of buildings and stealth lets you pick where to start fights if at all.

NBtoaster

I'm asuming this is on Cryengine 3, but why is there no CE3 logo in the trailer? They put that everywhere they could in Crysis 2 pr.

KareBear said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc13-JhcZfQ

It looks a little worse than Crysis Pc on medium settings i know because i played it that way recently on a laptop.

No godrays, less cloud coverage and no HDR on medium. The trailer has all these, it's looks better than medium but with different shaders and lighitng on foliage.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
You guys shouldn't get so hung up on the "Remastered" branding. It's like when they released Super Marios Bros. "DX" on the Game Boy Color. Yeah the resolution and stuff wasn't as good but it still made sense to call it DX because of the other stuff they added. Judging by the trailer, Crysis will get that same sort of treatment.

WickedLaharl said:
10FPS gaming FUCK YEAH

The sad thing is that the framerate really is almost as bad as that in some parts - the reason I can tell is because Crysis still looked smooth even at 20-25fps. If that game is visibly chugging, there is some beef going on.

Orayn

So it's going to be an Orange Box situation where consoles have the game running on the fancy new version of the engine, but everyone on PC has to wait? Oh goodie.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
disappeared said:
Are we talking, like, Ridley Scott remastered, or George Lucas remastered?

'Straight to DVD' remastered.

Top Bottom