• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Good to see C1 getting more exposure, hopefully it performs better than C2 on the 360.

Yazus

Crysis got me into the FPS genre. I always hated it but really, Crysis did the job.

It was slow paced, action packed, adrenalinic, calculated and most of all fucking awesome.

The Nanosuit was awesome.. the first half delivers as hell but oh god man the second part.. its the best cinematic experience right behind Crysis 2 I ever had in a Video Game.

Shit that was fucking AWESOME. Crysis 2 also but I liked C1's Nanosuit control more.. Whatever

Both great games, If you have not played them go ahead and don't be a dick.

Carm said:
So, you're not gonna answer the question then? FYI I didn't play it till Jan '09, I Just found your post funny. Why would a pc gamer that has had access to said game for almost 4 years, be jealous of console only gamers finally being able to play one of the better fps the past 5 years?
Who said you were jealous?
Some people here just act insecure and silly.
There is nobody here on GAF who isn't aware that a good PC will run a game better and better looking than on console. So why even mention it? Well, just to feel good about yourself for 1 minute, is the answer.

People who don't have a good pc but do have a console now can play this game. Nice for them right? No.... why be happy for someone else when you can shout silly stuff all the time.

Like pc owners could be glad if they got an Uncharted game. Ofcourse they wouldn't be happy that they could play the game, they would just be happy to shout: best version masterrace confirmed. That's a BIG sign of insecurity.

NBtoaster

Metal-Geo said:
Here's an image by NotTarts of the Xbox 360 version:
CrysisConsole.jpg

Notice how the grass is nothing but a flat texture.

Now Google for "crysis screenshot" and you'll find tons of images showing blades of glass (sprites?) everywhere.

Yes but there's tons of grass in the rest of the trailer. There were a couple of areas in the pc version devoid of grass too.

strem

I enjoy taking cheap shots at the console only people as much as the next guy but let me just say, I really enjoyed Crysis and look forward to hearing how the console version turns out. Even if the grass looks shitty, it is still a solid game

arena08

Metal-Geo said:
Here's an image by NotTarts of the Xbox 360 version:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12527604/images/games/crysis/CrysisConsole.jpg[img]
Notice how the grass is nothing but a flat texture.

Now Google for "crysis screenshot" and you'll find tons of images showing blades of glass (sprites?) [i]everywhere[/i].[/QUOTE]

So whats going on here?:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/puhU3.jpg

squicken

The way they implemented controls for the gamepad in Crysis PC was sooooo bad. I've given up on them ever patching it, so I may give this a spin.

robin2

dLMN8R said:
It sold 3 million copies across all platforms as of more than two months ago, so it sold better than the original Crysis, but there's no telling if it sold enough better to justify the dramatically increased budget.
Crysis 1 sold 3M on PC alone (+ 1,5M for Warhead).

And you can also clearly see that Crysis 2 costed more than the first: more assets, famous composer, strooonger marketing campaign.

So I don't know if this "total of 3M copieas across all the platforms" matches the desired performace.

SmokyDave

Carm said:
So, you're not gonna answer the question then? FYI I didn't play it till Jan '09, I Just found your post funny. Why would a pc gamer that has had access to said game for almost 4 years, be jealous of console only gamers finally being able to play one of the better fps the past 5 years?
Because some people were never told to share their toys as children.

EatChildren said:
If you play games for story, dont play Crysis.
Crysis had a story?

Seriously, I finished a playthrough last weekend and I couldn't tell you what the game is about. Something going down in Korea? Some sort of alien hives? Beats me. I just shoot at things and marvel at the sparks & booms.

squicken said:
The way they implemented controls for the gamepad in Crysis PC was sooooo bad. I've given up on them ever patching it, so I may give this a spin.
Whaaaaat? They were fine. The mapping was a little bit iffy (although you can change it in a .cfg file if you really must) but it felt perfectly fine to me. I've clocked it multiple times on a pad without issue.

squicken said:

Hyperbole much?

The controls were just fine. You just had to remap them in the .ini though, which could be a bit confusing at first.
The problem with them is that they were still tacked on in the sense that the game wasn't designed around them and you felt like you were playing at a disadvantage.
Example would be say when you run into the flying Seph. Shit was annoying with a controller.
Like I said, I finished it on Normal with the controller and it was fine.

I'd pick far cry 3 over this one anytime... it has the same problem the first far cry had, it was awesome while fighting humans but when the aliens show up it becomes crap.

mxgt

Banned
Always-honest said:
Like pc owners could be glad if they got an Uncharted game. Ofcourse they wouldn't be happy that they could play the game, they would just be happy to shout: best version masterrace confirmed. That's a BIG sign of insecurity.

It's just a joke man

Anyway I'm happy console users can play this game, it's so much better than Crysis 2

TUROK

Remember when people said that the original Crysis would be impossible to port to consoles because of RAM limitations? Lol.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TUROK said:
Remember when people said that the original Crysis would be impossible to port to consoles because of RAM limitations? Lol.

not people but Cevat Yerli

Psy-Phi

molekiller said:
I'd pick far cry 3 over this one anytime... it has the same problem the first far cry had, it was awesome while fighting humans but when the aliens show up it becomes crap.
Small part of the game, and arguably interesting at the least. Especially the zero-g section. I think it was a nice change of pace personally, unlike the trigens in FarCry which radically changed the survivability of the game, and how you played. At first I admit I was turned off by the aliens, but on a second platt rough years later, I appreciated the change up. that didn't happen with FarCry...I still hate those trigens.

Xater

The Xtortionist said:
Digital distribution, most likely PSN and Games on Demand.

If this isn't a retail release and costs at it's highest 20 buck, forget all my complaints about Warhead not being in there.

squicken

AgentOtaku said:
Hyperbole much?

The controls were just fine. You just had to remap them in the .ini though, which could be a bit confusing at first.
The problem with them is that they were still tacked on in the sense that the game wasn't designed around them and you felt like you were playing at a disadvantage.
Example would be say when you run into the flying Seph. Shit was annoying with a controller.

I managed it as well. But as you said, b/c of the powers layout, certain moves were unavailable to controller users. Since jump wasn't linked to speed, for instance, it was basically impossible to spint, then super-jump.

As far as I remember, modifying the cfg or ini or whatever really didn't work for me. It's been quite awhile.

Lol, only one scene doesn't feature grass in that trailer and of course that's the first screencap in this thread and people discuss the "lack of grass" in the console versions.

fresquito

TUROK said:
Dude, you don't really get it, do you? If you think this game will look anything like Crysis on Ultra settings on PC (and run anything like current hardware make it run) you're being dilusional. When people talk about porting a game they don't talk about Medium settings, but about Ultra settings.

That said, it's good more people can experience Crysis. It's a very good game on the overall. Although as someone said earlier, the first half of the game is fantastic, while the second half goes from mediocre to shitty (enviromental graphics aside).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Came for the back and forth rants, stayed for the glorious Grass HD missing discussion

Yes that is what Crysis is all about

DAT Grass!

CrysisGrass3.jpg

o09b8o.jpg

NBtoaster said:
Interested in how the tank level performs, it's MASSIVE and has tons of shit going on.

The snow level is the real performance boner killer.

I predict that the framerate will chug so hard, you'll need to press a button to advance to the next slide.

KKRT00

subversus said:
not people but Cevat Yerli
But it was before CryEngine 3.

BTW there was many people here and even on beyond3D that said its impossible and that's why Crysis 2 in a city, because of easier culling and more constrains.

Lighting is so better in this footage.

fresquito

StoppedInTracks said:
You wonder? It's like mainline Mario or Zelda going to the PC.
lol: no. It's not like Crysis is a much beloved game for PC fans. It's beautiful, it's fun, but half the game is crap (second half) and optimization is a joke (Besides, if you've got an Ati card, there's a bug that prevents the final scene from being played in dx10. So no, no such a thing.

Feindflug

TUROK said:

The most interesting part though is not how the hell did they port the first Crysis to the PS360 but how this will run on the consoles...as much as I liked the second game (played the 360 version) the frame-rate especially in the first 1/3 part of the game was nearly unplayable at times and maybe the worst I've seen from a high profile game this gen.

StuBurns

Banned
StoppedInTracks said:
You wonder? It's like mainline Mario or Zelda going to the PC.
It's nothing like that. It's like Mario 64 coming to PC after Mario Sunshine did earlier in the year if anything.

Crysis is already multiplatform.

What really sucks about this, is console gamers are still not getting the best Crysis. Why isn't Warhead being included in this package? It's just lame.

KaiserBecks

AgentOtaku said:
Hyperbole much?

I couldn't stand playing Crysis 1 with a controller, it felt laggy and...wrong. Not to mention the terrible mapping. I unplugged it after a couple of minutes and started to get used to M+K controls again (I was mainly a console gamer back then). Crysis 2 however is MUCH better with a Controller.

TUROK

fresquito said:
Dude, you don't really get it, do you? If you think this game will look anything like Crysis on Ultra settings on PC (and run anything like current hardware make it run) you're being dilusional. When people talk about porting a game they don't talk about Medium settings, but about Ultra settings.
No, you don't get it. In the Crysis 2 OT, there was tons of people saying that Crysis 1 could not be ported to consoles without significant changes in the way the game is structured.

Top Bottom