• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

Carm

Always-honest said:
Who said you were jealous?
Some people here just act insecure and silly.
There is nobody here on GAF who isn't aware that a good PC will run a game better and better looking than on console. So why even mention it? Well, just to feel good about yourself for 1 minute, is the answer.

People who don't have a good pc but do have a console now can play this game. Nice for them right? No.... why be happy for someone else when you can shout silly stuff all the time.

Like pc owners could be glad if they got an Uncharted game. Ofcourse they wouldn't be happy that they could play the game, they would just be happy to shout: best version masterrace confirmed. That's a BIG sign of insecurity.

You pointed out my post specifically about being insecure, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I see nothing in this thread about pc gamers being insecure over this. I posed a simple question, and you responded with a junk reply. And who in this thread is not saying they are happy about console only gamers finally being able to play C1? No one.

Up until you posted your junk post about pc gamers being insecure, the only talk in the thread up until that point, being good for console only gamers to get to experience the game and some, including me chuckling at the remastered tag. A couple said it was a shit game (they are so very wrong) and that was it. I suggest you reread the thread and realize you saw something that wasn't there, talk about being insecure.

NBtoaster said:
Interested in how the tank level performs, it's MASSIVE and has tons of shit going on.

That level was fantastic... up until it fried my video card.. that was a depressing weekend.

Chinner

Banned
Majanew said:
lol, exactly. It's like PC gamers are mad it is running at all on 360's 2005 hardware -- and looks good. Sure, it can't hit the best visuals that a good PC can, but it looks damn impressive. And millions of gamers can finally experience Crysis 1.
we all know pc gamers are like the short guys who are looking for fights because they're want to prove themselves. from that footage i can tell that crysis on x360 (probably not ps3) looks superior to any modern pc game out there now (portal 2, deus ex, dead island etc), and that makes them mad. while they're developing rsi while hunched over their $4000 computers that will be outdated in a year, i'll be playing on my x360 in my comfy couch with graphics that still dominate.

Majanew

Banned
Chinner said:
we all know pc gamers are like the short guys who are looking for fights because they're want to prove themselves. from that footage i can tell that crysis on x360 (probably not ps3) looks superior to any modern pc game out there now (portal 2, deus ex, dead island etc), and that makes them mad. while they're developing rsi while hunched over their $4000 computers that will be outdated in a year, i'll be playing on my x360 in my comfy couch with graphics that still dominate.
Eh, take your horseshit elsewhere. Not impressed.

gogogow

Chinner said:
don't forget that pcs cost like $3000 and a x360 only costs $250. and he calls console gamers blind or stupid.
No, they don't. Or is it a setup with quad sli GTX580? More expensive than a console? For sure, but a gaming rig doesn't cost anywhere near $2000-3000. Or you know, you are doing it wrong.

-SD-

Banned
I'm interested to read what console folks will say about the gameplay. I think it's much more entertaining than Crysis 2's.

For the longest time I thought they would port Crysis to the consoles, but then they went ahead and released Crysis 2 on consoles. So of course I assumed they weren't going to be releasing the first game, since who in their right mind would release the sequel, and then release the original.

Yeah. I guess EA is smarter than me though. :/

sTeLioSco

Banned
UPDATE: Crytek boss Cevat Yerli has confirmed that Crysis will launch as a PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade title.

"For many years people were asking, can you do Crysis 1 on consoles?" he told GameTrailers. "We have been secretly working on that for a while. It's a digital download only. It looks just awesome, I believe."

via Eurogamer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-09-remastered-crysis-1-coming-to-console
if its 15 that would be interesting

Majanew

Banned
BruiserBear said:
For the longest time I thought they would port Crysis to the consoles, but then they went ahead and released Crysis 2 on consoles. So of course I assumed they weren't going to be releasing the first game, since who in their right mind would release the sequel, and then release the original.

Yeah. I guess EA is smarter than me though. :/
I thought they'd hold off on Crysis for next-gen Xbox/PS4. Ya know, before Crysis 3 hits, you can pick up the "remastered" Crysis/Crysis 2 pack that are popular right now.

TheOddOne

sTeLioSco said:
UPDATE: Crytek boss Cevat Yerli has confirmed that Crysis will launch as a PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade title.

"For many years people were asking, can you do Crysis 1 on consoles?" he told GameTrailers. "We have been secretly working on that for a while. It's a digital download only. It looks just awesome, I believe."
Ok, I can get behind it now.

randomwab

How big is that gonna be? Isn't there still an XBLA size limit? I thought that was why the Resident Evil HD titles were On Demand instead of XBLA.

Brofist

KKRT00 said:
People really need to remind how vanilla Crysis really looks like...
This footage is definitely between high and very high with better lighting.

I think you're somewhere between high and very high if you think that.

wwm0nkey

StuBurns said:
XBLA? Isn't it like 6GB?
If a game sells over 1 million it can go into Games on Demand. So that is probably where this is headed.

Thats why RE4 and Veronica are on Games on Demand. Also thats why Strangers Wrath can't be, because it didn't break a million

StuBurns

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
If a game sells over 1 million it can go into Games on Demand. So that is probably where this is headed.

Thats why RE4 and Veronica are on Games on Demand. Also thats why Strangers Wrath can't be, because it didn't break a million
But he said XBLA not Games on Demand. I guess he could just be wrong though.

EDIT: Oh, Eurogamer could be mistaken.

wwm0nkey said:

Deadly Premonition sold more than a million?

wwm0nkey

StuBurns said:
But he said XBLA not Games on Demand. I guess he could just be wrong though.
I think RE4 and Code Veronica are listed under XBLA as well, not sure though (if someone has a JP XBL account please check)

wwm0nkey

Backfoggen said:
Deadly Premonition sold more than a million?
From what I gathered from Jaw ltd's twitter (guys doing Strangers Wrath HD)

If a game was not on the 360 and that title sold over a million copies that game can make it onto Games on Demand without a disc release.

RE4 and Crysis sold over a million copies so the HD remake can be on GoD without a disc release.

Strangers Wrath did not sell over a million so it is limited by the XBLA restrictions.

Very very stupid system if that is actually how it works.

Chinner

Banned
Crysis on PC (very high):
IWUof.jpg

Crysis for X360:
puhU3.jpg

I said wow.

Chinner said:
Crysis on PC (very high):
jpg

Crysis for X360:
http://i.imgur.co
I said wow.[/QUOTE]
This is SUCH a stupid comparison...

... You forgot Crysis on Ultra:

[IMG]http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/farcry_gold/fc029.jpg

Metal-Geo

StuBurns said:
I don't think that's what Crysis on Very High looks like. The lighting there is terrible.

EDIT: The floor isn't even bumpy.
What are you doing under that bridge? Don't you know trolls live there? Get out!

(ps. there's no SSAO either)

:D

Watch the video, you can tell exactly what corners they cut. they nuked the texture resolution, geometry, hammered the effects and particles and slash burned the foliage. They "made up" for it with crysis 2's lighting engine which will overbloom everything to fuck.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm very excited about this tbh, mainly from a technical stance but I can't wait to replay it on the consoles all the same, I must of completed it at least 5/6 times on the PC.

Although "2007 PC gaming was changed forever" ?, did they forget that they made Farcry?

seriously lollin

Anyway, it looks better than I expected but there did seem to be some oddities that I noticed without even paying attention, like those explosions wtf.

now at least people can stop saying that the level design in Crysis 2 is the way it is because of consoles. not that anyone with half a brain was claiming that.

Crysis Console looks pretty good compared to the PC version, and appears to feature the same gameplay and destructable buildings (we'll see about trees later, didn't see any tree felling in the trailer). it certainly seems to feature the same level design.

glad that my beliefs have been translated into facts.

and i hope a lot of people pick this up, because it's a great game.

what CryEngine 3 can get out of (relatively) underpowered hardware is a bloody impressive thing.

I'd be most concerned about the draw distance and pop-in present in the final build than anything else, it was pretty horrid in C2 on all platforms, but consoles especially.

AwRy108

Wonder why in the world they would choose this October to release this, especially on such short notice--doesn't this put them up against Skyrim, Arkum City, and Saints Row 3?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
plagiarize said:
now at least people can stop saying that the level design in Crysis 2 is the way it is because of consoles. not that anyone with half a brain was claiming that.

I still reckon that it influenced the design of the game, I'm sure I heard as much from one of the devs in an interview somewhere.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
plagiarize said:

Crytek was claiming this. From memory, they flat out explained that the city setting was chosen so they could use tall buildings to obscure the horizon, lowering the draw distance and helping the game run on consoles. They harped on about smaller environments because of consoles to excuse away pre-release complaints that Crysis 2 wasn't a proper Crysis sequel.

They've done a pretty damn good job of giving the impression Crysis wouldn't run on consoles, which now turns out to be a whole lot of horse shit.

Top Bottom