• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

Mithos said:
All these PC screenshots you are showing are from 2005 PC-hardware with a pricetag no more then $399 right and the game runs 1280x720 @ 30fps on it too right?

it looks worse than when i originally played it on my 8800gt. That texture resolution for example would be simply unacceptable to me.

Iztli said:
Crysis ps3/360 trailer
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2958/unledwan.jpgMG]

PC
[IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1619/crysis2011090912510250.jpg[G][/QUOTE]

These are the highly sofisticated tools used to "remaster" Crysis :

[IMG]http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/tool/images/eraser-toolbox.gif

;P

Goldrusher

Mithos said:
All these PC screenshots you are showing are from 2005 PC-hardware with a pricetag no more then $399 right and the game runs 1280x720 @ 30fps on it too right?
Mithos said:
"My Ferrari is faster then your go-cart" is not doing it for me.
Finally someone with a brain.

Of course the game looks better on a newer, more expensive PC.
It would be hilarious if it didn't.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
They're still announcing games for fall?! Day one unfortunately.

NotTarts said:
To be fair, it doesn't look too bad overall:
console1.jpg

console2.jpg

console3.jpg

console4.jpg

console5.jpg

console6.jpg

console7.jpg

Makes me kinda want to see Ryse a action game(hopefully without kinect only) play out in those kind of environments. Gonna double dip the 360 version a Crytek fanboy and i want to support devs pushing graphics on consoles dont care if gameplay sucks :p

SmokyDave

fizzelopeguss said:
it looks worse than when i originally played it on my 8800gt. That texture resolution for example would be simply unacceptable to me.
If you bought textures like that to my house, I'd spit in your tea.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Goldrusher said:
What are the specs of that PC ?
Did it cost $299 in 2005 ?

If not, nothing to see here.
Of course the game looks better on a newer, more expensive PC.
An 8800GT would have no problem running the bottom screenshot and that's a $60 graphics card.

eshwaaz

Psy-Phi said:
Game is fun, better than Crysis 2; the fact that some people may be playing it now that couldn't before is all good in my mind. Just seeing it on consoles impresses me, since we've almost always been led to believe it wouldn't be possible by many.

More of us that game on PC need to be less hostile about this, and consider ourselves gamers first, not PC-only gamers (even if that's all that you own, either by circumstance or choice). Good games should be played by more people. So game on console-only gamers, have a blast. You should like it more than Crysis 2.
And with that, you are now one of my favorite GAFfers.

Crysis, along with The Witcher games, are the PC exclusives I've coveted the most this generation. Even with compromises, I'm excited to finally be able to play both soon.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lulz @ people trying to decipher texture quality from low quality stream captures.

Disappointed it's download only, though. Seems like a lot of wasted time/money to just go digital only.

Goldrusher

Mr_Brit said:
An 8800GT would have no problem running the bottom screenshot and that's a $60 graphics card.
So ? The 8800GT came out in 2007, the Xbox 360 in 2005.

When Crysis came out, most PCs were struggling to run it. You either had to settle for a low frame rate or disable tons of effects, lower draw distances, texture quality, etc.
And the hardware in today's consoles is even older.

If anything, compare it to Far Cry.

Mithos said:
Today YES, but in 2005?

The performance of the 8800 GT is not dependent on the year you are operating it in. If you got a time machine and ran an 8800 in 2005, it would still run Crysis just fine. I don't understand your point at all.

thefil

Here's my tip to anyone who will be playing Crysis for the first time on PS3/360: Once you enter a strange cave complex, just restart the game from the beginning. Playing the first half twice is better than playing the game through.

Shurs

Of course the PC version bests the console port -- though saying it's "remastered" is funny.

I'm just excited to play another (semi?) open-world FPS.

Console gamers are about to play the better game. Hell i will probably buy it myself just to see what graphical/control differences and changes have been made. I fucking love Crysis .....

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Just screen grabbed a shot from the same position, no mods, all high 4xaa 60fps.

vs

That other PC shot on the previous page is modded or tweaked becuase even in ultra it looks pretty much the same as above.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looks great, i wonder if theres going to be somekind of Sandbox Editor or something like that.

Mithos

ThoseDeafMutes said:
The performance of the 8800 GT is not dependent on the year you are operating it in. If you got a time machine and ran an 8800 in 2005, it would still run Crysis just fine. I don't understand your point at all.
That's because you do not want to understand it, "PC-master race etc etc"???

I DON'T CARE that a 2007-2011 computer can play Crysis with better graphics (because I GOD DAMN EXPECT IT TO, OR ITS FAIL), the Xbox 360 and PS3 is not 2007-2011 tech.

How good would a 2005 PC run Crysis, only costing what the Xbox 360 or PS3 did at the same time, now THAT is a comparison I CARE ABOUT, if you want to get my attention.

alr1ghtstart said:
lulz @ people trying to decipher texture quality from low quality stream captures.

Disappointed it's download only, though. Seems like a lot of wasted time/money to just go digital only.

It worked for BF 1943. Releasing this game at retail in October with no hype would be sending it to die, especially since it would be competing against EA's own BF3.

Mithos said:

I DON'T CARE that a 2007-2011 computer can play Crysis with better graphics (because I GOD DAMN EXPECT IT TO, OR ITS FAIL), the Xbox 360 and PS3 is not 2007-2011 tech.

How good would a 2005 PC run Crysis, only costing what the Xbox 360 or PS3 did at the same time, now THAT is a comparison I CAR ABOUT, if you want to get my attention.

This is a completely arbitrary way of setting standards for a port. It's like saying "I don't care how Modern Warfare looks on Wii, I only care how it runs on a $199 2002 PC, there's your comparison."

Crysis is Crysis. The game will never look as a good as a modern maxed out PC version, but it has to look good enough on its own two feet to be considered a decent port.

.la1n

SalsaShark said:
They should just offer the first half of the game as a downloadable title and then the game just ends before going completely shitty.

lmao I was thinking the same thing

Mithos said:

How good would a 2005 PC run Crysis, only costing what the Xbox 360 or PS3 did at the same time, now THAT is a comparison I CARE ABOUT, if you want to get my attention.

Ahh i see, you're either a moron, or insane.

Shifting goalposts and picking arbitrary console port scorepoints from beelzebubs arse.

mxgt

Banned
Mithos said:

What will this comparison achieve?

2005 standardised console hardware can be better optimised than a wide range of 2005 PC hardware?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I was actually kind of blown away by that footage. There are cuts, to be sure, but it looks damn good in motion. Can anyone really say it looks anything other than impressive?

Most people seemed to believe it simply wasn't possible to pull off the original Crysis on consoles, yet here we are. It's lacking some of the finer details, but the overall image in motion is incredible. The effects are all there and in high quality and the new lighting at least gives it a different appearance. I've spent enough time with Crysis 1 to have interest in seeing a different rendition of the game.

There's no reason for PC fans to slam this. It's a genuinely impressive looking port. Honestly, I'm most excited for the modifications to the Nano-suit. I realize a lot of people disliked the changes made to Crysis 2, but I enjoyed the streamlined experience it provided and am eager to try that out within the original game. If I want vanilla Crysis, I still have it on my PC. What's wrong with having two different versions?

Having played Crysis for the first time last weekened, the Xbox 360 version looks bad. The one part of the trailer that clearly shows the difference is the scene with psycho in the VTOL.

However, it is such a good game that I'm glad it will find a bigger audience on consoles. It is truly one of the best "blockbuster" games ever made, and a testament of what can be accomplished when the pc is the lead platform.

MMaRsu

Banned
So what's the price gonna be like, 40 euro's or something? They don't expect me to pay 60 for this when Crysis 2 is already down to 29,95 right?

-edit-

EmCeeGramr said:
eatchildren i think we need to change the title

Rofl at those console <> pc screenshots. No thanks, I think I'll wait till I get a decent PC to finally play this haha. Oh man..those textures/trees in the console version :( ( horrible compression aside )

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Are there any mods to up the saturation and contrast of the original Crysis on the PC, I just tweaked the image I capped in photoshop to my preferred look, I just wish I could play the game like this now,

Vanilla Crysis looks so dull in comparison.

eshwaaz

Scenario A: Game is developed with a console-focus. PC version noticeably compromised as a result. PC gamers understandably upset; mock and criticize game.

Scenario B: Game is developed as PC exclusive. Sets new bar for visuals and technical prowess, pushing even the latest hardware to its limits. Many years later, the game is finally ported to consoles with noticeable compromises. PC elite upset for some reason; mock and criticize game.

I honestly just don't understand.

Chinner

Banned
this is what crysis looks like on my pc fully maxed out.

crysis_2011_09_09_13_4qejh.png

can't take anymore screenshots guys sorry after 5 minutes of play my $5000 pc has over-heated and i have some serious rsi.

mxgt

Banned
eshwaaz said:
Scenario A: Game is developed with a console-focus. PC version noticeably compromised as a result. PC gamers understandably upset; mock and criticize game.

Scenario B: Game is developed as PC exclusive. Sets new bar for visuals and technical prowess, pushing even the latest hardware to its limits. Many years later, the game is finally ported to consoles with noticeable compromises. PC elite upset for some reason; mock and criticize game.

I honestly just don't understand.

No one is upset, in fact I think you'll find most of us are glad console users get to play the game.

If anything the mocking is over the remastered thing.

JB1981

dark10x said:
I was actually kind of blown away by that footage. There are cuts, to be sure, but it looks damn good in motion. Can anyone really say it looks anything other than impressive?

Most people seemed to believe it simply wasn't possible to pull off the original Crysis on consoles, yet here we are. It's lacking some of the finer details, but the overall image in motion is incredible. The effects are all there and in high quality and the new lighting at least gives it a different appearance. I've spent enough time with Crysis 1 to have interest in seeing a different rendition of the game.

There's no reason for PC fans to slam this. It's a genuinely impressive looking port. Honestly, I'm most excited for the modifications to the Nano-suit. I realize a lot of people disliked the changes made to Crysis 2, but I enjoyed the streamlined experience it provided and am eager to try that out within the original game. If I want vanilla Crysis, I still have it on my PC. What's wrong with having two different versions?
Bububu where is the grass man?

NBtoaster

Mr Solo Dolo said:
The fight at the end on the ship almost killed my Acer Aspire 6920G Laptop.

Gave me a blue screen and complete crash on seperate occasions on my laptop. Something about ATI, DX10 and Crysis..

Trying to get to the bottom of this. Some sites are reporting that it's coming to XBLA, but my personal opinion is that it will be released as part of Games on Demand, NOT an XBLA game. Contacted Crytek to try to get confirmation.

eshwaaz

mxgt said:
No one is upset, in fact I think you'll find most of us are glad console users get to play the game.

If anything the mocking is over the remastered thing.
Certainly, some replies in here are very level-headed; not trying to make a blanket statement. That's why I made the distinction between "PC gamer"'and "PC elite".

JonCha

Considering it look so good when it came out, do they need to remaster much? Honestly seems to hold up to all games out now, even BF3.

EvilNando

Neo Member
Chinner said:
this is what crysis looks like on my pc fully maxed out.

can't take anymore screenshots guys sorry after 5 minutes of play my $5000 pc has over-heated and i have some serious rsi.
simpsons_nelson_haha2.png

DarkChild

Banned
amdnv said:
720p, one-quarter texture res, minimized draw distance. Should be awesome.
I didn't see minimized draw distance,it actually looks quite good on that front.Textures are lower resolution,thats give since consoles have(all things considered) LESS THAN 500 MEGS OF RAM. Grass is bound to be paired back since its very bandwidth expensive.It would choke consoles to render PC settings grass.
360 version 2 years ago.
cryengine-3-image-oxcgn-13.jpg

360 version now
puhU3.jpg

Mithos

fizzelopeguss said:
Ahh i see, you're either a moron, or insane.
Shifting goalposts and picking arbitrary console port scorepoints from beelzebubs arse.

mxgt said:
What will this comparison achieve?
2005 standardised console hardware can be better optimised than a wide range of 2005 PC hardware?

I just don't don't compare graphics the same way others do, Game for Wii + PS3 I don't compare Wii version vs PS3 version, I compare to other games in same genre on same PLATFORM.
Why should I compare Crysis running on lets say 2 year newer hardware then PS360 or even why should I compare it to 2011 hardware, I already know THAT WILL make it look better.

If I ever compare a PC game with a PS360 game I'll do it same level tech and price.

In short "pwitty gwafix" might not impress me until I hear what hardware it run on, then I might be meh, or really AMAZED!

Top Bottom