• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: "Remastered" for PS3/Xbox360 confirmed [£16.99 / 1600MS]

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Expected it to be CE3 when I heard about it. Certainly doesn't look as impressive as the PC version, but who cares, it's a good game and it's impressive that it even runs on a console.

Don't see any reason to buy it myself, but I'd recommend it to anybody who doesn't have a capable gaming PC. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games but I still enjoyed Crysis.

kokujin

Banned
Mithos said:
If I ever compare a PC game with a PS360 game I'll do it same level tech and price.
You can't do price, a Gaming PC is a personal computer and a gaming platform, not just one, people often forget that.

DarkChild said:
360 vs PC,HD video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsBU0b-0klE&feature=youtu.be

One thing is for sure,Cryengine 3 lighting on 360 looks better than highest settings on PC(vanilla).

I believe crysis 1 engine struggles when there are more then 4 dynamic lights but CE3 using deferred rendering it can render more dynamic lights.

Shame it will never have pc nice shadows from what i saw there's a lot of dithering in the shadowss.

kokujin said:
You can't do price, a Gaming PC is a personal computer and a gaming platform, not just one, people often forget that.

true i mostly use it as a schoolwork pc for programming then gaming last week. :(
Nothing beats Visual studio plus SSD instant start instead of getting a cup of coffee on my school laptop :p.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Full PR
CRYTEK AND EA BRING CRYSIS TO XBOX LIVE AND PLAYSTATION NETWORK
Guildford, UK. – September 9, 2011 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning developer, Crytek GmbH, announced today that the critically-acclaimed Crysis® franchise will debut a new experience on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation® Network. In October 2011, shooter fans will be able to download a modified and enhanced version of the award-winning single-player campaign from the original Crysis, remastered for console players using Crytek’s state-of-the-art CryENGINE®3 with all new lighting, effects and other visual optimizations. For just £15.99 SRP or 1600 Microsoft Points, gamers will download the most robust and exciting Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network game to date.

In 2007 and again in 2011, critics around the world hailed Crysis and Crysis 2 as titles that ushered in the next-generation of gaming with jaw-dropping visuals, industry leading technology and groundbreaking sandbox gameplay, featuring the super-powerful Nanosuit. Today, the original, award-winning 2007 single-player campaign has been remastered for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network with optimized Nanosuit controls, fine-tuned combat and full stereoscopic 3D support.

“We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality – and still is for many gamers even four years later,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming.”

In Crysis, gamers will travel to 2019 where a team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. Now with hope rapidly fading, the US and North Koreans must join forces to battle the alien menace, fighting epic battles through stunning, photorealistic tropical jungles and frozen landscapes.

For more information on Crysis, please visit http://crysis.ea.com or http://mycrysis.com and follow the game on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/crysis or “Like” Crysis on Facebook at http://facebook.com/crysis.

cjelly said:
Not terrible.

Not terrible? I expected 39.95. That's fantastic.

Day one for sure now.

I have a feeling this is kind of a crytek DD experiment, and with that price I hope/expect they're pleasantly surprised.

Im sure there will be alot of stuff downgraded but I also expect a few things to look better or alot different running on the new engine.

curious how this turns out. getting announced so close to release doesn't fill me with hope though.

any chance of PC re release?

edit good price. will buy

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Derrick01 said:
This is reminding me of the time Dead Rising went to the Wii. This is almost as funny.
In what way does this remind you of that? The results here look BETTER in some ways while showing obvious signs of downgrade in others. The overall results, in motion, looks fantastic and it doesn't seem as if the game was changed significantly.

Dead Rising Wii was an entirely different game running on a completely different engine. It was a completely different situation.

@mithos.

because it's a silly comparison, one might as well mention that the console version is running on a newer engine yet looks significantly worse...is that a fair comparison. See how it turns into a ridiculous ring-a-rosie?

Chinner

Banned
StuBurns said:
Warhead needs a price cut on Steam in the UK, it's more than Crysis, bullshit.
i'm not sure if crytek considers warhead to be an add-on or full game, but i pretty much agree. think it's shorter than crysis and not really as good either. either way the price isn't justified.

Mithos

fizzelopeguss said:
@mithos.

because it's a silly comparison, one might as well mention that the console version is running on a newer engine yet looks significantly worse...is that a fair comparison. See how it turns into a ridiculous ring-a-rosie?
If so it's just as silly comparing PS360 games to PC versions running on 2011 hardware (which I'm refusing to do).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
20 bucks? xbla? fuck yeah. saw the video about 20 min ago and assumed it was a retail release - and passed. now, i think i'll bite.

Feindflug

Phonomezer said:
Wow, great deal.

And next month!

Pleasant surprise :)

Yep, surprisingly good deal - especially in this day and age where we are filled with overpriced (and many times worthless) DLC's/arcade titles.

Hopefully this will be a good port.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Violater said:
So no MP? what's the point.
There is no fun to be had tweaking settings which seemed to be 1/2 of the fun.
Wow, it's like we played a different game.

I thought the single player campaign in Crysis was phenomenal and one of the best shooters of the decade. Never touched multiplayer and tweaking, while interesting, certainly isn't "fun".

Mithos

dark10x said:
Wow, it's like we played a different game.

I thought the single player campaign in Crysis was phenomenal and one of the best shooters of the decade. Never touched multiplayer and tweaking, while interesting, certainly isn't "fun".
I have to agree, I almost never enjoy or think MP is fun, singleplayer it where it's at for me.

NBtoaster

A sensibly priced, lookin' good port of a four year old game that everybody said could not be run on consoles?

From EA?

THE WORLD HAS COME TO AN END

PR says £15.99 not £16.99, though strangely 1600 MSP works out cheaper still at £13.60.

Then buy your MSP at a discount and that's a superb deal.

Yay!

Top Bottom