• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Trilogy is Amazing!

Artistic

I'll consider picking up for Series X. Think the 1st one is only critically acclaimed, but sure it'll go on sale in a couple of months.

MacReady13

Do these come as a bundle package on PS5/4? I didn't buy the original remastered version on PS4 and would love to have them all on PS5...

poodaddy

They're decent games. I've beaten them all, and yet I barely remember them. I remember enjoying them a bit though.....I can't decide if that's good or not.

They're definitely visual showcases though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Hugare

We do not believe so.

I wont judge your whole site based on this review, but its terrible

English is not my first language, but imo, its written not professionaly and with such horrible arguments to justify why the reviewer didnt enjoy the Remaster

"It doesnt run at 4K/60 with ray tracing. Lazy devs, terrible port"

Ironic, because this review reads as something lazily written

Xdrive05

I feel like the Crysis games were tainted by their own hype and advanced tech.

Crysis was the PC prowess standard bearer for years and years, and when it came out very few people could run it well at all. That was a kick in the teeth for many. So then what followed it? Poorly optimized console releases. By the time Crysis 3 was a thing, people felt burned and didn't give a shit any more.

Which is all a damn shame because there's a lot of greatness all throughout. Just a little ahead of its time, that's all.

Last edited:
I wont judge your whole site based on this review, but its terrible

English is not my first language, but imo, its written not professionaly and with such horrible arguments to justify why the reviewer didnt enjoy the Remaster

"It doesnt run at 4K/60 with ray tracing. Lazy devs, terrible port"

Ironic, because this review reads as something lazily written
I am not sure what you expect for a review for games that are over decades old. Its a poorly done cross-gen remaster that barely takes advantage of the new gen consoles. Lazy review? You have the right to have your opinion. I am not sure what is so lazy about it. There is no need to write 4000 words worth criticism/feedback on a ancient games. If you are interested in a much more in-depth and longer review, then check out Far Cry 6 and Death Stranding Director's Cut, both of those reviews clock in at about 15-20 minutes and are well thoroughly done.

The point of a remaster is to run at the highest fidelity possible and this trilogy fails miserably. Are the games fun? Yeah sure, but we played them many many years ago and you could do 4K60 ages ago on a PC. Reviews are meant to be objective and the objective of a remaster is to bring in new bells and whistles using new tech using the same old engine and they are having difficulties implementing ray-tracing to two of the sequels which were released in 2011 and 2013 on 360/ps3 which was 2 generations ago. Why would someone give this a good rating if the remaster so sloppy? Not sure I understand your reasoning.

What other arguments would you introduce? let me know.

Last edited:

Cryio

We do not believe so.

That's one of the most autistic reviews I've seen recently.

"All games released in 2 decades" - wrong

"Dead Space 1 is getting a remake. How come Crytek isn't remaking ground up 3 games?" - ugh, this dumb statement

"These games were released 2 generations ago, how come they don't run at 4K, 120 fps AND with ray tracing?" This statement alone is rage inducing.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Glad crysis brings OP joy I think it’s a genuine FPS.
black ops 3 forums GIF

That's one of the most autistic reviews I've seen recently.

"All games released in 2 decades" - wrong

"Dead Space 1 is getting a remake. How come Crytek isn't remaking group up 3 games?" - ugh, this dumb statement

"These games were released 2 generations ago, how come they don't run at 4K, 120 fps AND with ray tracing?" This statement alone is rage inducing.
How is that rage inducing? The games are from 360 and ps3 era. Why would they not be able to run at such fidelity on the new systems if the developer really tried ? Sure, they were technically advanced at the time, but not anymore..

No where did I say that Crytek need to Remake the 3 crysis games you doofus.

Last edited:

Cryio

How is that rage inducing? The games are from 360 and ps3 era. Why would they not be able to run at such fidelity on the new systems if the developer really tried ? Sure, they were technically advanced at the time, but not anymore..

These games weren't really 720p30. They were more 640p and 14-20 fps.

This trilogy IS NOT the Xbox360/PS3 preset of these games ran at 4K and that's it.

You also need to learn about BigO notation, or why Space-Time complexity is a concept in programming. Not all things scale linearly or are made to scale linearly.

Also due to budget constraints, it's unreasonable to expect these games to be rebuilt from scratch and have all the proper optimizations thought about from the start.

Last edited:

FeldMonster

Having never really played the Crysis Trilogy, but being a huge fan of sci-fi FPS, I decided to give them a shot.

A year plus ago, I tried the first level of the 360 version in backwards compatibility on my One X, and utterly hated the gameplay, so I am skipping the first one entirely.

I started Crysis 2 today, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I am not a fan of plain military shooters, but there is enough sci-fi in it to keep me interested in the gameplay. I love the suit powers and am looking forward to earning enough credits to upgrade my abilities. I wish there was a bit more aim feel, but it isn't bad. Curious how the story will proceed.

CitizenZ

Banned
Crysis 1- Innovative, open world destruction, multiple ways to approach the world
Crysis 2- Just a fun FPS with good gunplay
Crysis 3- Technically beautiful still today, but boring AF in every way. A hand held journey that is still basically the BP for 90% of AAA game design today.

They messed up the color, lens flare and lighting. They fucked c2 and c1 up the most.

Crysis 3 remastered is like, there’s such a small difference, yet there are artistic changes as well. So on all 3, just play the OG. I have all 4 og games on PC, so this is worthless.

again 10gb is problem for RTX 3080.

To be fair this is a shit port, but it’s true 10gb is a hard limitation for the 3080.

So much so that if I got a 3080, I would just sell it because I wouldn’t want to use it for that long.

There are 2 generation older cards (1080ti and 2080ti) not to mention the weaker 3060 with more vram. Ampere is such a dumb generation, only the 3060 and rumored 3060 super make any sense.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The more and more comments I read the worse I feel about getting it. I already own the originals on PC. Crysis 3 to me, seems like the best deal because I want to use the bow.

Rickyiez

again 10gb is problem for RTX 3080.

To be fair this is a shit port, but it’s true 10gb is a hard limitation for the 3080.

So much so that if I got a 3080, I would just sell it because I wouldn’t want to use it for that long.

There are 2 generation older cards (1080ti and 2080ti) not to mention the weaker 3060 with more vram. Ampere is such a dumb generation, only the 3060 and rumored 3060 super make any sense.

That is very obviously allocated vram , not per process vram. I'm 90% sure here without even running the game myself because it is indeed actual vram utilization , you will see it goes down to 7-8GB when DLSS turned on . The fact that it stays above 9GB across all DLSS setting means it's very , very likely allocated vram .

As for the shit performance at 4k , it's another bad port just like Crysis 1 remastered .

Just for the sake of argument , I fired up Crysis Remastered with the correct VRAM usage stat from afterburner . Mem is allocated VRAM which you see in most of the gameplay clips and VRAM / per process is the actual usage .
6qU7Ej2.jpg

GPU here 3080 Ti
Allocated : 10GB
Actual Usage : 6.3GB
DLSS : off
Graphics setting : All very high
reso : 3440x1440

So stop spreading nonsense if you guys aren't sure what you're talking about

Last edited:

Freeman76

If several people tell you the same thing, at least take the time to consider their points and LISTEN TO THEM.

You will never improve if you blindly defend yourself against valid criticism, and not only that you come across like an anus which means I wouldnt even consider reading your point of view. Not a good start for someone trying to get started in reviews if people think you're too much of a wally to bother reading them, is it?!

Last edited:

Rikkori

The performance of the remasters is abysmal, even on Nvidia with DLSS, but it's an absolute DUMPSTER FIRE on AMD. For sure stay away from them, worst of all - 3 barely looks any different, so it's crazy to see the performance delta vs original even WITHOUT raytracing. If ppl want to play them just play the originals, Crysis 1 Remaster is OK now but the other 2... NAH!

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Gonna grab these on Switch. I hope they all come on a cartridge in the future instead of separate purchases, like on PS4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom