• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG 'PS3 Preview' of UT 2007

Mrbob

Link off the front page:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

I think this is a bogus PS3 preview, though. Sounds like all they took is rehashed material, a couple screenshots, and fabricated a PS3 preview out of the info. Especially since it references the boomerang controller in the preview a couple times, and we know it is gone.

According to lead designer Steve Polge, the actual gameplay side of things has been worked on for about a year. Epic started off by playing older Unreal Tournament games and other first-person shooters just to get a feel for them again and to go back to the series' roots. These hands-on playing experiences were then used as a template to refine the basics, the movement and the weapons for a new generation of PS3 players. After all, there's a big difference between using a PC mouse and keyboard and using a console controller to aim and move your character around - especially the new boomerang design.

CvG OWNZ00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000RD themselves with this quote.

Speevy

Banned
Mrbob said:
It could be new to some people. Stop being so cynical.

I'm just a little irked that this hasn't been announced for you know what. I'm actually curious to hear more info about the game in general though.

Yoboman

ritalin_eric_web.jpg

Striek

GOTL?
(game of the launch)

Its going to be killer anyway, and probably the standout in a very crowded genre.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Striek said:
GOTL?
(game of the launch)

Its going to be killer anyway, and probably the standout in a very crowded genre.

No way. I think Warhawk will overshadow this game at launch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
one thing i've learned over the years is that console unreal sucks balls.

Amir0x

Banned
this time console Unreal is gonna be exactly the same as PC unreal though. You're even supposed to be able to use a mouse+keyboard...

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
this time console Unreal is gonna be exactly the same as PC unreal though. You're even supposed to be able to use a mouse+keyboard...

YESSS!!!!

Mrbob

Amir0x said:

Well this hasn't been finalized yet, but I hope so because it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Also, with the 60 gig hdd, there is no reason why the PS3 will not be the superior version. It is going to run at 60FPS as well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Amir0x said:

mouse and keyboard is definitely needed for a game of unreals speed.

Striek

mckmas8808 said:
No way. I think Warhawk will overshadow this game at launch.
Warhawk genre limits its chances in either sales or ratings. Its not going to overshadow anything.

PS3 launch is looking really solid even at this stage, but UT2007 is definitely going to be AAA and amongst the best.

mckmas8808

Mrbob said:
Well this hasn't been finalized yet, but I hope so because it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Also, with the 60 gig hdd, there is no reason why the PS3 will not be the superior version. It is going to run at 60FPS as well.

Rumor has it that even the PC scene mods will be usable in the PS3 version!!!

Mrbob

Amir0x said:
i think k+m is needed for all FPS, but that's just me

a big hells yeah on Unreal in particular though

Don't get me started on this again. ;)

Sony allows developers to put in key/mouse support for all PS3 fps games (DEV BETTER DAMN DO IT THEN), means PS3 is the superior system for all gaming next gen.

mckmas8808

Mrbob said:
Don't get me started on this again. ;)

Sony allows developers to put in key/mouse support for all PS3 fps games (DEV BETTER DAMN DO IT THEN), means PS3 is the superior system for all gaming next gen.

Mr. Bob did you forget this?

Me said:
Rumor has it that even the PC scene mods will be usable in the PS3 version!!!

Mrbob

fullmetalzero said:
"We" do? Since when? It *has* changed, but not *that* much.

I noticed you posted this in another thread:

There have been some changes to the controller design since the prototype unveiled at last E3, but it retains the "boomerang" shape, more or less.

Spill the beans about the redesigned controller for us. It'll be between you, me, and gaf and as you know gaf can keep a secret! :D If Sony doesn't have something big planned for FPS (both sony and ms pushing dual analog sticks for fps games blech) Im going to be a sad panda heading into next gen.

how do you play comfortably on a couch with a keyboard/mouse? Plus i would have to factor in the cost of a wireless keyboard and mouse into my PS3 launch budget? Resistence: Fall of Man and Medal of Honor/Brothers in Arms/Noun of Adjective WW2 game for me!

Speevy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
how do you play comfortably on a couch with a keyboard/mouse? Plus i would have to factor in the cost of a wireless keyboard and mouse into my PS3 launch budget? Resistence: Fall of Man and Medal of Honor/Brothers in Arms/Noun of Adjective WW2 game for me!

I play all games on my bed, so that would never work. On the other hand, I hate playing ANY games with KB/M so you can't trust my opinion on this subject.

Striek

Ninja Scooter said:
Just play it with the PS3 controller? How can providing more options be anything but a positive?

Speevy said:
I play all games on my bed, so that would never work. On the other hand, I hate playing ANY games with KB/M so you can't trust my opinion on this subject.

and you cant trust all us old irritable people who played fps for years on kb/m and cant make the transition :/

Speevy said:

now you're just being goddamn ridiculous.

Speevy said:
It's not an issue with the controls. I'm just not a PC gamer.

oh well excuse me king speevy. I had no idea this thread was ALL ABOUT SPEEVY! OH IM NOT A PC GAMER! I PLAY IN BED!

BRUSSELSPROUTS!

DJ Sl4m

op_ivy said:
one thing i've learned over the years is that console unreal sucks balls.

LOL, no shit, about time somebody said it.

I have no faith in GOW either, sure Epic rules all with engines, but seriously they failed the console test time and time again.

Top Bottom