• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 currently looks really bad on PS5 (not a shitpost).

SegaShack

I never understood the video game preorder mentality.

I used to do it before when stores gave discs 30% E3 discounts or Buy 2 get 1 free if you buy during E3 week for games coming in the fall, but unless it's buying concert/sports tickets in advance or putting a down payment for a new house or car releasing next year, most people's video games pre-purchases are for regular price. And with the digital age, there's no out of stocks or preorder 30% discount deal.

Most people are preordering games years out for regular price, no known date, going off bullshots, and it's game code through the internet which is unlimited supply. And by the sound of some gamers, the store might even bill you early.
What youre saying is so true. It's like people never learn their lesson and just believe hype and bullshots. I know this is a gaming community so people tend to he enthusiastic, but I wish people would be more critical.

It's sharper, which makes a huge difference.
I've used the sharpening filter on The Witcher 3, have you seen an overly sharpened image before? Hurts the eyes, but I could lower the setting. It's more aesthetically pleasing than graphically intensive IMO.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks game looks like shit and some people here calls me stupid. If someone would show me Ps5 footage and said it's base PS4 game I would say it looks okyish. The game on PS5 looks worse than GOW/GOT/RDR2/GTA5 ona a base model.

The problem with graphic is that there are so many weird artifacts, smear, blur and other weird thighs. The overall image quality is super low. It looks like some kind of very fucked up checkerboard rendering.

Yeah, MAYBE it looks great on a very high end PC, but overall it seems like EVERY OTHER VERSION is pretty much GARBAGE. Weird way to develop a game by alienating most of your consumer base, but what do I know?

It looks like SHIT coming after other PS5 games I've played lately. Demon's Souls and Spider-Man put this to shame in terms of clarity and detail. Cyberpunk looks like someone smeared Vaseline all over the screen. In dark areas it looks completely washed out, The UI is a completely cluttered mess (I still don't know if there's anyway to check how much ammo you have). As you said, it looks noticeably worse than many PS4 Pro games. TLOU2 definitely obliterates it.

I was shocked that such a hyped game could look this poorly. The art style is great, but everything else ruins the image completely.

I am putting my playtime on hold until they fix all the bugs and make the PS5 version not look like the PS4 base version. This is completely unacceptable.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I've used the sharpening filter on The Witcher 3, have you seen an overly sharpened image before? Hurts the eyes, but I could lower the setting. It's more aesthetically pleasing than graphically intensive IMO.
Absolutely, I was playing Metro Exodus, which was sharp without oversharping the image, lemme post some screens:
42c800d1-aa84-4185-b457jgf.png

20c3ee51-8522-47d5-975jjzy.png

2aabf820-1af7-466e-8exxkyi.png

This is the Slavic sharpness perfection™ which I love. And this is XSX (X1X) version. So it's comparable, Cyberpunk look gen behind in front of this.

OuterLimits

Are we talking Skyrim PS3 levels of messed up here or what? If the console versions are really buggy, I will wait until next year to purchase.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Absolutely, I was playing Metro Exodus, which was sharp without oversharping the image, lemme post some screens:

This is the Slavic sharpness perfection™ which I love. And this is XSX (X1X) version. So it's comparable, Cyberpunk look gen behind in front of this.
nice. MEtro exodus looks excellent 4k with DLSS (so 1440p rendering) after they patched their initially terrible dlss implementation. ACtually, the xbox screenshots look very close

https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/...yberpunk-2077-fails-earn-top-marks-reviewers/ seems like shareholders in CDPR aren't happy with the score, they have crazy expectations lol.

91 is basically far too high so far from what I've played

The game just isnt fun to play. The shooting mechanics are dull, enemies take loads of bullets to put down, the sticks feel unresponsive and imprecise, the hacking mechanics seem trivially dumb

And that's not even taking into account all of the bugs, how bad it looks, and how much walk and talk I've done with no gameplay whatsoever.

MAYBE this will be patched into a good game? I don't really feel like putting up with this beta testing bullshit right now to find out

I am getting the same vibes from this game that I got from RDR2 and all the hyperbole that was given to that....a painfully BORING AND DULL slog of a game, but the world is really immersive and that's its saving grace.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
nice. MEtro exodus looks excellent 4k with DLSS (so 1440p rendering) after they patched their initially terrible dlss implementation. ACtually, the xbox screenshots look very close
To me it ran 4k most of the time my playthrough. Which was not the case for X1X.

Polelock

With all the hype, I can't get into the game. I've tried, it's not clicking any buttons for me. I've had no tech issues, running ultra at 1440p with RT on High but it just feels lifeless to me for some reason. I want to love it but I think this is going to be a refund.

John2290

I don't understand it, looks great on PRO and I've seen it in person on an X1X and series X, they all look the same and run really smoothly, smooth as fuck on the series X and really stable on the other two. On my PRO the only issue is the fans, the sound makes me feel uneasy but it's not really a problem to put on a headset for this one game. I don't know why some beefy PC'S with 20 series and new gen systems end up looking worse. Have you tried turning off your PS5 and cold booting it, maybe take it off the mains for a bit and give it a rest. I know VR games can be all kinds of fucked up unless you restart completely and not just rest mode.

sncvsrtoip

also even with this rather shity graphic doesn't hold 60fps, I'm now on first mission where you drive a car and for sure there are drops here

Last edited:

They still have yet to release the next gen update for Metro too.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
What youre saying is so true. It's like people never learn their lesson and just believe hype and bullshots. I know this is a gaming community so people tend to he enthusiastic, but I wish people would be more critical.

I don't see why pre-order is becoming a scapegoat here. You can cancel digital pre-order (as long as you're eligible, in which case you can just pre-order near launch), or even refund the game (even on digital) if there's problem.

Pretty clear this game should have been released in late 2021 for next gen consoles and PC (and Stadia).

How about no. It is fine on PC.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
also even with this rather shity graphic doesn't hold 60fps, I'm now on first mission where you drive a car and for sure there are drops here
it's because the game is doing a lot. On PC, the framerate drops from 80-90 to mid 30s in the city depending on what's around you.
The cpu utilization is max too. Most pc games top out at 20-50 percent even at 120 fps.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
I don’t know? I’m playing on a Series X, 55” OLED and it looks fine to me. Nothing distracting yet.

You just have lower expectations. I'm in the same boat as you by the way. PS5 version looks fine (well, PS4 version running on PS5). But I can understand people unhappy with the base console versions on XBO or PS4.

TheGejsza

It does work... But the default configuration is stupid.

Click R3 where it says to set it up in the menu. Find out what your peak brightness is in NITS and use that value. Mine went from 500 to 780 (oled). Yours will be higher. Probably 1000+.

Also increase brightness of the overlay... The default value is low (probably to protect oled screens).

Midpoint adjustment I left at default value...

Edit : BTW... I cant imagine how bad default values would have been to play.... But it is incredible looking w/neons in HDR.

HDR is ... not... working. You are not getting more of colour gamut on PS5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
edit: wrong thread

Last edited by a moderator:

elco

Some people here are awfully quick to shit on this thing. I'm seeing some valid complaints, but others are a reach. No ammo meter? I haven't seen one either yet, but given the immersion they're going for, perhaps it's some sort of biomod you unlock? I'm a couple missions in, on a ps5, and the glitches I've seen so far have been mild compared to the sentiment here. Performance has been very steady as well. So far, I'm satisfied. Loving the immersion, exactly what I was looking for.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Some people here are awfully quick to shit on this thing. I'm seeing some valid complaints, but others are a reach. No ammo meter? I haven't seen one either yet, but given the immersion they're going for, perhaps it's some sort of biomod you unlock? I'm a couple missions in, on a ps5, and the glitches I've seen so far have been mild compared to the sentiment here. Performance has been very steady as well. So far, I'm satisfied. Loving the immersion, exactly what I was looking for.
Ammo meter is a cyberware, you unlock it pretty early in the game

V4skunk

Banned
There is no denying that this game looks shocking on the PS5. I went from wandering through the beautiful open plains of the English countryside in AC Valhalla to the nightmarish vision of a bar, drawn by a 10 year old in crayon, in CP2077. Deleted and waiting for the PS5 patch. Learn from the error of my ways and wait people.
But you are playing a ps4 game on a ps5.

vpance

PS5 res vs XSX has a big difference in this scene.

d1.png

Is it really that bad for PS5 in the desert? Haven't been there yet.

Alan Wake

I spent last night updating that 50gb patch, I'll play the actual game this evening. Heard it runs badly on Xbox One X, which feels like a bummer. Last gen's most powerful console and all, appears it didn't help.

JohnTribe

Neo Member
Not sure if this can be done on PS5 but on PC I just disabled all camera effects (first block). And in Nvidia increase the sharpness to 0.5 and noise reduction to 0.1 . Now game looks great.

sncvsrtoip

it's because the game is doing a lot. On PC, the framerate drops from 80-90 to mid 30s in the city depending on what's around you.
The cpu utilization is max too. Most pc games top out at 20-50 percent even at 120 fps.

In this scene with drops there wasn't even one npc I think ;d, but I'm not expert of analyzing performance

Last edited:

waquzy

im gonna try to get a refund from sony
Good luck with that. That’s the downside of digital, you can’t cover your losses.

PS: I have to say that the last time a game had so many bugs and glitches was the Mafia 3. That’s how bad it is on the PS5.

THEAP99

Banned
Good luck with that. That’s the downside of digital, you can’t cover your losses.

PS: I have to say that the last time a game had so many bugs and glitches was the Mafia 3. That’s how bad it is on the PS5.
I'd just rather not force myself to play it in this state. It hurts my eyes to play it's a mess really. Fingers crossed they'll allow for the refund and I'll pick it up whenever they have a next gen update for like $40 on sale or something

vkbest

What I saw from the PC footages earlier look much better. Probably going to be the preferred platform until next-gen versions come out next year.

Even on this PC footage this game have something that is making the image blurry and the popping is evident too.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I'd just rather not force myself to play it in this state. It hurts my eyes to play it's a mess really. Fingers crossed they'll allow for the refund and I'll pick it up whenever they have a next gen update for like $40 on sale or something
On Xbox and PC you bought it in the last 14 days and played less than 2 hours, you get a refund.

On Sony, even if you preordered and never played it, “get fucked”

martino

Even on this PC footage this game have something that is making the image blurry.
image is good at 1440p with film grain and depth of field off (chromatic aberration too if don't like it)
it's up to you if you want a cinematic feel or game one (second for me)

waquzy

Yeah. I was hoping that PS5 would be able to deliver 60fps at 1260p or something, but it can’t even do 60fps at 1080p, that’s how badly the game is optimised.

cormack12

Gold Member
Is zoom sensitivity working for anyone? I turned off all boosts, acceleration etc. - have the stick sens. set to 12, and the zoom to 0.25, yet even if I adjust that to '2' it just feels the same. It's not coupled to some weird acceleration setting it is?

Puncheur

I bought the game to play on PS5 knowing that it wasn't yet optimised for the PS5 but having played a couple of hours I don't want to spoil the first time experience of playing it through a blurry and washed out world. It runs fine but the visual fidelity is really lacking and coming off Demon's Souls it's really jarring how bad it looks. I think I am going to hold off playing again until a PS5 specific update is rolled out and learn to temper my expectations for future games!

waquzy

This game is amazing! Loving it on PS5 a few minor bugs won't stop my enjoyment.
It’s still great, but definitely not amazing. It would be for me if the PS5 could manage a locked 60fps at 1080p but it can’t. Poorly optimised game from CDPR.

DonJorginho

Banned
It’s still great, but definitely not amazing. It would be for me if the PS5 could manage a locked 60fps at 1080p but it can’t. Poorly optimised game from CDPR.
By amazing I mean the game itself not the performance! The performance is pretty good, would like a higher resolution though. I haven't noticed any framerate.

waquzy

By amazing I mean the game itself not the performance! The performance is pretty good, would like a higher resolution though. I haven't noticed any framerate.
I got you, the amount of bugs and glitches brakes the immersion though, well it does for me anyways. The most frame rate drops occur when driving around, certain corners, junctions etc. It can go as low as mid 30’s, if I had to guess, that’s just poor. I can’t wait for DF’s next gen analysis

Last edited:

vkbest

Just a fair guess. That’s how bad it is in places. I think it’s a dynamic resolution with max at 1440p and the base is at 1080p.

The game is terrible on PS4 and Pro, just incredible for me this is running to 60fps and over 1080p the same code. People even didn't expect 60fps on PS5 some weeks ago. So im confused, the version we have on PS5 is better than I expected, although the PS4 version is worse than I expected

Fenzer

I bought the game to play on PS5 knowing that it wasn't yet optimised for the PS5 but having played a couple of hours I don't want to spoil the first time experience of playing it through a blurry and washed out world. It runs fine but the visual fidelity is really lacking and coming off Demon's Souls it's really jarring how bad it looks. I think I am going to hold off playing again until a PS5 specific update is rolled out and learn to temper my expectations for future games!

Same here... Wasn't really expecting something impressive but still not a X360 game...

waquzy

The game is terrible on PS4 and Pro, just incredible for me this is running to 60fps and over 1080p the same code. People even didn't expect 60fps on PS5 some weeks ago. So im confused, the version we have on PS5 is better than I expected, although the PS4 version is worse than I expected
It’s should be running a locked 60fps at 1080p on PS5, but it isn’t, that for me is rubbish and it’s poorly optimised game.

Top Bottom