• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 currently looks really bad on PS5 (not a shitpost).

JLB

Banned
This is probably softest/blueriest game which I seen on Xbox One X....and I playing it on XSX, if that make sense.

His/her message is completely correct, I wrote exactly same thing Deus Ex included.

Its bluriest, has framerate issues, textures are quite low quality in some places, and one million additional things.
Yet, this is the most incredible virtual representation of a city to date in videogame history. It put into shame even games like GTAV or RDR2.
Mark my words: We wont see a more spectacular game probably in the entire generation, specially when those tech details start to get fixed over time.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Its bluriest, has framerate issues, textures are quite low quality in some places, and one million additional things.
Yet, this is the most incredible virtual representation of a city to date in videogame history. It put into shame even games like GTAV or RDR2.
Mark my words: We wont see a more spectacular game probably in the entire generation, specially when those tech details start to get fixed over time.
Yeah Prague looks insultingly bad in Deus Ex, I agree, however I was talking just about the IQ and overall graphical quality.

Reactions: JLB

BeardGawd

Banned
Lol dude, you know whats sucks? Not showing console footage prior to release. It is so beyond me how ppl like you are gonna defend CDP when they spit in your face. Yea, not showing console release was a weird move and now I know why.
Just like switch versions of games before release? Wolfenstein, MK11, etc... all didnt show switch footage before release. Most publishers are only going to show the best version. I know it sucks but just be more cautious in the future if they refuse to show footage.

I do believe CDPR will update these games to more stable framerates. Their history has shown that.

Mr Moose

Not without VRR it won't.
tenor.gif

Riky

$MSFT
Because VRR really helps with those drops to 35fps. You're a broken record at this point.

It'll still smooth it out but maybe not totally, you can also force 120hz output on Xbox will won't affect the framerate but will make the drops less noticeable as you'll have 8ms refreshes instead of 16.

Batiman

Banned
How did this game review so well when it’s broken? Are last gen versions rated the same? If so lmao. Man I always give cdpr such high praise and Witcher 3 as one of my fav games this gen. Releasing this on the last gen is borderline scam

NBNW13

Neo Member
Not here to engage in any console war nonsense, just want to add my two cents on the topic. This game looks very underwhelming on my PS5 (and that's with a LG CX OLED), to the point that I'm seriously considering waiting for the next gen patch before I dive in fully. Still have high hopes for the game, and once the patch arrives I'm sure it'll be a stunner, but brothers and sisters, this looks like an IP that was weighted down severely by the base last gen consoles (and perhaps even the upgraded last gen ones as well). Either that or CDPR released an unoptimized game that wasn't quite ready for release.

SegaShack

I mean.....maybe. I don't know if i'd go that far to say that. Take me for example I've had the game pre-ordered since 2018, I agree with the criticism regarding this game being broken as I believe there's enough elements in terms of the bugs and issues to make that argument and I believe the criticism needs to be vocal in order for the developer to actually stop doing this.

However I do not believe the model of pre-ordering games has much to do with this because even if the game was not available for pre-order someone was still going to buy this game day one even if they didn't have the ability to do that I mean think about it I was still going to buy this game when it was available and I'm one of the fiercest people who criticize this game on a daily.

So I just don't believe it makes sense to attack consumers in blame them if anything I feel the people that should be blamed are journalists giving this a 9 or a 10 despite some serious issues in my personal opinion I don't believe any game should receive such a score if there is enough issues that hinder the experience as functionality needs to come before anything else.

If it was up to me I would literally have some rating system if I was a person that made reviews that basically stated you are ineligible to receive a 9 or a 10 if you're fucking game has enough bugs in which Quest were broken or the last boss couldn't move or anything weird like that I think it's just completely unfair to reward a developer if you have a platform that's made the offer transparency. So even though I'm getting the game I want you to understand I agree with you that the criticism is warranted but I disagree that the gamers themselves should be attacked because it's not their fault when you have a reviewer giving it a perfect score completely omitting information about very serious issues.

I think it's the right of the consumer to educate themselves on the product they're about to buy but I believe it is also the Integrity of the journalist to tell people this information if something is really wrong with the game because in my personal opinion those review scores do not properly reflect the issues in the game. So if anything the blame needs to be on the journalist that are even supporting this practice.

Their scores are what people are seeing and saying "yup keeping my pre-order". That wouldn't be the case if everyone actually all openly talked about those bugs and put a score low enough that it was understood this game is releasing in a bare state. Nothing is even wrong with that btw as many GAAS games release like this or early access etc, but the consumer has a right to know this is a work in progress.

This game has zero MP at launch to really excuse theses issues. Balancing and patches and shit that happen are expected in a MP title, but a day 1 patch and even more to make the game playable imho in a single player title is just unacceptable.
I see your point but it's important to understand that the issue goes both ways.

With "pre orders" companies can release broken games and get guaranteed sales numbers. Sure some people do buy day one anyways, but at least this may encourage some to wait for user opinions instead of just going in blind.

Same goes for movies, some people see it day one, most wait for opinions. Imagine buying your movie tickets 2 years before each movie comes out.

That is exactly what people do with videogames and it isn't helpful for anyone. It just hurts gamers in the end. The companies know they can make BS promises and hype trailers and get preorders and then just release whatever they want down the line. This has happened 1000 times, Anthem, Destiny, Watchdogs, etc.

Until buyers stop falling for this trap, companies will keep taking advantage of them.

MadAnon

Sure it is...

I think it will look pretty good down the road and as someone who's not gonna buy a ps5 in the next year and a half, I can wait.

But yeah, maybe they should have delayed it a bit more? I dunno what to think at this point honestly lol

SegaShack

How did this game review so well when it’s broken? Are last gen versions rated the same? If so lmao. Man I always give cdpr such high praise and Witcher 3 as one of my fav games this gen. Releasing this on the last gen is borderline scam
Money. Reviewers aren't paid directly for good reviews but are given exclusive early access to games and press events / info. If a game journalist gives a poor review to a major game like this, they will be dropped off the A List with said company.

Furthermore, fanboys who haven't even touched the game would rage at any website if it gets anything less than a 9/10.

A high ranking review keeps their relationship with the company and with fanboys on track.

This is why big budget games always get good reviews.

acm2000

I can tell you right away that it will not run all these rtx features. RDNA2 is simply incapable of running rt at such extent.

oh no doubt about that, but we have yet to see what current gen can do regarding ray tracing since so far only the cheapest implementations have been utilised (reflections and shadows), Control kills GPUs so really interesting to see how that comes out.

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah obviously that was just the texture failed to load.
But that vid looks pretty rough. He shows almost all indoor, dark footage until the end. Then he goes out into the city and its blurry and almost completely barren, with hitches.

Yeah, but at least he's not showing BS and purporting that its real. Unlike some of the Doom Patrol clowns populating this forum.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I see your point but it's important to understand that the issue goes both ways.

With "pre orders" companies can release broken games and get guaranteed sales numbers. Sure some people do buy day one anyways, but at least this may encourage some to wait for user opinions instead of just going in blind.

Same goes for movies, some people see it day one, most wait for opinions. Imagine buying your movie tickets 2 years before each movie comes out.

That is exactly what people do with videogames and it isn't helpful for anyone. It just hurts gamers in the end. The companies know they can make BS promises and hype trailers and get preorders and then just release whatever they want down the line. This has happened 1000 times, Anthem, Destiny, Watchdogs, etc.

Until buyers stop falling for this trap, companies will keep taking advantage of them.
I never understood the video game preorder mentality.

I used to do it before when stores gave discs 30% E3 discounts or Buy 2 get 1 free if you buy during E3 week for games coming in the fall, but unless it's buying concert/sports tickets in advance or putting a down payment for a new house or car releasing next year, most people's video games pre-purchases are for regular price. And with the digital age, there's no out of stocks or preorder 30% discount deal.

Most people are preordering games years out for regular price, no known date, going off bullshots, and it's game code through the internet which is unlimited supply. And by the sound of some gamers, the store might even bill you early.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty crazy how much better the resolution is on xsx

I don’t get how they have not got next gen patchs ready for launch. It’s not like they have been spending all this time fine tuning it for the base consoles.

Also how the fuck could they launch it in that state. Guess they don’t give a shit about their reputation

It's more about satisfying the shareholders

The scope of the game is ridiculous

AGRacing

* HDR does not work on my Q9FN - it just washes out colours.

It does work... But the default configuration is stupid.

Click R3 where it says to set it up in the menu. Find out what your peak brightness is in NITS and use that value. Mine went from 500 to 780 (oled). Yours will be higher. Probably 1000+.

Also increase brightness of the overlay... The default value is low (probably to protect oled screens).

Midpoint adjustment I left at default value...

Edit : BTW... I cant imagine how bad default values would have been to play.... But it is incredible looking w/neons in HDR.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

maybe they review the PC version?

Airbus Jr

Banned

Reviewers most likely play the game on PC

PS4 XOne version are really bad

The PS5 and XsX gameplay we saw are backward compatibility from ps4 xone its not a real nextgen version

Last edited:

aries_71

You guys do realise that these new machines are running current gen version of the game in BC mode, right? Wait for nextgen patch.

Also, can we have 2min silence for those who playing Xbox one VCR, One S and Base PS4.

Please meet base PS4 version

Eo0EIsrVoAUB_O3

🤣

This makes Craig look like the fucking Mona Lisa. How come Neogaf is not making memes?

Bragr

Banned
Going from a "normal" game to this muddy mess is really weird, it's like your eyes have to re-adjust.

I just crashed 3 times in 10 minutes, there was one cutscene it just couldn't get past without crashing so I had to skip it to progress.

aries_71

Coz its multiplatform not console exclusive game like Halo? Idk what do you think? Im just guessing not trying to start anything.

Yes, I know, MS/Xbox is not involved, so it was more of a rhetorical question. Still, I would like to see some good memes.

Top Bottom