• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Gamescom 2018 Interview

Redshirt

Banned
Cyberpunk 2077 - Gamescom 2018 interview
Some tough questions leak important info. Huge in length, bigger even than Witcher 3. There is a possibility that we see Android companions, in which we will be able to remove parts. Graphics that we've seen in the behind-the-scenes gameplay video will change, especially in the enviroment. Also the game as crafting, a big variety of weapons and weapon scaling according to rarity.

Also we might be able to have more than one companions in battle. The game will be released as fully single-player but it seems that the existence of various forms of multiplayer (definitely Co-op) is not ruled out.

XP for finishing missions
Street cred is a separate XP-like pool
Street cred provides access to vendors, weapon mods, mission options
Skill leveling is usage-based; like Skyrim presumably
AI director for crowds is propagated throughout entire game
Ripper docs are a mechanic in-game that provides you access to cyberware
Weapon system includes rarification and modification
Multiplayer (co-op/competitive)? RnD phase; maybe
Companions but you don't control them directly
BioWare-style relationships?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Skill leveling is usage-based; like Skyrim presumably
Good, love this system. This is great news for me.
Weapon system includes rarification and modification
As I said on the other discussion:
weapon scaling according to rarity.

Not good at all.

Also, not a fan of the mandatory crafting.

I was hoping for co-op. Feels like it's the perfect game for that. Happy they're thinking about it.

Last edited:

Redshirt

Banned
Good interview. The creepiest moment is when they're discussing sexual relationships, and the editor just cuts to these three women at Gamescom for an uncomfortable period of time lol.

So I guess if they're building the multiplayer element post launch, that could mean the next Witcher game is like someone suggested in a prior thread where it could be 'Create a Witcher'. Then the 'lobby' could be at Kaer Morhen.

Fuz

Banned
It's what I said ages ago, immediately after they told us that "that was the last Geralt" game, taking into consideration the feedback they got from people that wanted a Witcher-Skyrim.

It's been pretty obvious to me that the next Witcher will be with a personalized character.

It's what I said ages ago, immediately after they told us that "that was the last Geralt" game, taking into consideration the feedback they got from people that wanted a Witcher-Skyrim.

It's been pretty obvious to me that the next Witcher will be with a personalized character.

You know I finally got around to playing through The Witcher 3 all the way and...

Got to the part with Uma with the Trial of Grasses. That is almost a dead giveaway to your theory that the next will be Create A Witcher, at least to me it was.

Top Bottom