• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

so note to self for my next run where I'm actually going to be better at crafting apparently you need to have the gun in your possession to craft a better version.

does anyone know why sometimes smart guns feel amazing and other times it feels like they're not doing their job at all?

Also do I need to go to every different repertoire to find all the things that you can implant inside yourself because there's a lot of goddamn ripper docs in this game and I don't know where to find good quality s*** all the time. I feel like I should have everything I've literally done everything on the map but I still have so few iconic weapons I haven't filled a single slot in my apartment. Where is everything hiding in this game?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Caught some nice stair air today...
Cyb-Stair-Ramp420.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
70 hours into this now... Probably should start working towards wrapping things up.

Just hit Level 43 and 20 Intelligence. Legendary Ping is fucking OP as hell. Let's you perform Cyberhacks without a proper line of sight. Combined with other perks and you can basically just eradicate entire groups from safety far away.

2AdEPT

About whats kinda irritates that at some places you find good clothes in good armor and then for next 4 hrs you just getting worse stuff same goes for weapons. I wonder if that depends from area, from mission difficulty or what?
ITs mostly random RNG. If you like an item at a shop for example, but you either dont like the slots or the price, you can save scum or wati 24 hours and reload and you will get better prices and mod slots on the same list of merchandize. Random gear usually stays the same if its in a body or container, but reloadng a save can OFTEN raise or lower the epicness or legendaryness etc.
Just completed the River Ward romancing arc. You can tell the female V voice actress really enjoyed reading/acting out the dialogue for those conversations.

I think she did a great job as Female V. Have a feeling Male V’s voice acting won’t live up to that lofty standard on my second playthrough.
Female V is good for the love scenes and what not, but any time she tries to be the "tough guy" I cringe.
I just finished up a mission with Judy and when we left the building at the end it was raining and I was so excited because I figured I would just do a little bit of cleanup on the map and just explore the city in the nice rain, and almost immediately it crashed, reloaded the save and it was sunny.

sad jim carrey GIF
Two nights ago I found an easter egg for Blade runner and it was sunny outside before entering the building, then when I got to he easter egg it was raining...just like in blade runner...but now two days later and liek 8 hours of game play later it is still raining...wont stop... hope it hasnt bugged my game?!?!??
How does one have so many hours of playtime when I'm almost 100% the game clocking at 61 hours, I only have the gigs and NCPD side hustles left of outside the city and I have my plat.
For that person it might be extra playthroughs but for me its finding stuff like the easter egg above and literally exploring high and low without quests...I spent 4 hours alone on just one street (Silk ROad) that had no quest marker on it (maybe later in the game it will as it was pretty built up and said "hostile" but there were no enemies, so maybe I wasnt supposed to be there yet.) The verticality spanned 15 floors i.e. 18 to 30 and spanned buildings via overhead walkways on both sides of the street. I needed double jump and fall damage reduction to do what I thought I needed to do, but it turned out it was likely eaasier than I thought. I got a legenday pancea crafting spec for my efforts, unlike in new vegas or any bethesda where if you screw around mostly it wrecks things and there is no loot regardless (rare exceptions). ANother exmaple was the gas station in a later quest out in the badlands...i had already been there searching around for interesting things....so when the actual quest happened I got in to the exact room I needed to from the roof and crouched through the grill work in between the roof and the ceiling. ALso I do nethacking and stealth and have been infiltrating quests that I'm obviously underleveled for ...I sometimes spend a whole evening play session on one quest...dying here and there and starting over to find a better, smarter way. THe room for creativity as a net hacker and sniper is unmatched in any game ive played and F it if Im not goign to enjoy every minute of it! 125 hours and counting with the percentages at 75--30--30. Takemura, RIver and Panam are all texting me and urgently waiting for me and they can wait all they want..Im busy! Im level 30 street cred 50 but all my gear is still 2 slots and my sniper rifle (although deadly owing to crits) is only rare. Finally found skippy which was nice for those times the sniper rifle attracts too much attention. I also have silenced pistol with 5 slots including scope and silencer that does poor damage outside headshots and crits.
Is there a faster way to get to my apartment besides taking the quick travel to the building and walking?
UM? There is literally a fast travel four steps from your door inside your building choom?!!?!? Try the "other" fast travel near your building! You literally cant get any more preeem than that. 2nd fastest is to drive in to the garage, and use the elevator which comes out 20 steps from your door...... third sounds like whatever you are doing LOL. TBH it also took me a while to start using the fast travel as I thought it was cool to drive and it took me a while to realize the parkade was much faster than parking my bike in front of the building on the street. Once I stopped driving everywhere, I realized the fast travel, and the vendor machine that buys all my useless shit outside my door was preem vacinity.

2AdEPT

Or maybe upon finding that Easter Egg - it turns Night City into a perpetual Blade Runner Easter Egg🤔
Im definitely thinking its possible...will try going out to the badlands and back...that might do the trick.

On another note finally got my pet all set up...didnt like the name she comes with...so I named her Slinky. PLus the dream catcher is from Misty and doesnt come at the start ofthe game right?? Quasi apartment customization! I noticed someone had their guns installed in their rubber stash slots in the storage....mine doesnt work? BUgged or not possible on consoles? Maybe just a mod for PC?

Edit: my sartori katana blade goes up but not the pink stick one? I am storing all kinds of iconic weapons and only one is deserving of the wall?

FtTg5Tz.jpg

Last edited:
You know you guys keep pimping that spoiler thread but like... just because you beat the game doesn't mean you saw everything there is to see and people post in there without a hint of warning for what they're spoiling, it'd be better to discuss thoughts on endings and such here using spoiler tags, honestly. So... I got Temperance...

Not a big fan honestly, I didn't like Johnny more than my V even if I did like Johnny. Is it because I kept letting him take control? Did I need to pick the other plan? Kinda upset there's zero closure with the Arasaka dude, I guess what we did fucked them but still. I 100% don't get the AI stuff with Alt and her absorbing the other AIs.

2AdEPT

Afrer 2 full days of playing in the rain (10 hours in game) I was starting to get bummed and even looking online no one had experienced perpetual rain in the game but me. I got really high up , the highest I have been inthe game so far and found what could only be described as AV charging platforms??!!?!?!?? I stepped on the danger symbols BTW and nothing happened, but I couldnthelp but feel like my view was ruined a bit by the rain! Finally my idea of going to the badlands worked! The transition was realistic and subtle at first, like there was some sun behind the raincloud, but I shot some enemies and by the time that was over...... THIS:

edit: Holy FUCK what an awesome game....and BTW Happy New Year!

fWbddRQ.jpg
JD0LOpK.jpg
FGKCxOO.jpg
XmbzzC6.jpg
A0MJkK5.jpg

Loostreaks

One thing I kind of wish game didn't have: automatic language translator ( or whatever it is called). It would be more interesting if it was an implant choice, so sometimes you just have to guess what people are talking about. And in general, more use of multi-language "barks" for random npcs.

Legendary Ping is fucking OP as hell. Let's you perform Cyberhacks without a proper line of sight. Combined with other perks and you can basically just eradicate entire groups from safety far away.
I love what they did with hacking ( you can make really fun combos, use it for stealth, or some clever sandbox manipulation), but it really needs a major changes ( not just minor tweaks/"balancing"). Messing with camera and turrets should be time based and every area needs a counter-netrunner ( or security system that tracks you if you're just messing around with everything). Reboot optics is this game's version of "must've been the wind" ( when you shoot an enemy in Skyrim to the head and he brushes it off).
It should be more tactical approach, so you have to make calculated choices in limited amount of time. Breach also needs an automated start.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
70 hours into this now... Probably should start working towards wrapping things up.

Just hit Level 43 and 20 Intelligence. Legendary Ping is fucking OP as hell. Let's you perform Cyberhacks without a proper line of sight. Combined with other perks and you can basically just eradicate entire groups from safety far away.
Yup, INT was the first stat I boosted to 20 back in my 30s and that shit was bonkers. I got a legendary cyberdeck that decreases upload time by 75% and spreads ultimate quickhacks to one other nearby target which is insane. I can wipe out an entire mob that's just chillin' in 2 seconds with one breach protocol and contagion. I can see everyone in a building before I even go inside and incapacitate everyone there in less than a minute lol. This is on hard difficulty too. I'm almost maxed out COOL as well, and the increases to poison damage with the stealth tree can make this even more devastating.

GrayChild

Wow, Daniel Vávra is really fanboying over Cyberpunk.

He even said its better then RDR 2. 😂

I actually agree with him,. RDR 2 became really boring really quickly for me.

He should make GAF account, that would be fun. 😂

Started RDR2 right after Cyberpunk, and so far I agree.

On a decent PC Cyberpunk 2077 looks better, runs better and plays better, a couple of minor and non-gamebreaking bugs aside.

Loostreaks

I think one of the biggest turns on this game is what they expected from the world. Some really went in expecting GTA-like experience: simulation elements, sandbox and emergent gameplay. ( like holy fuck: recently read 2000 words rant from someone really disappointed romances didn't involve dates, some kind of flirtation/gift system, marriage, sex&living together and whatnot).

MadYarpen

On a decent PC Cyberpunk 2077 looks better, runs better and plays better, a couple of minor and non-gamebreaking bugs aside.

I think one of the biggest turns on this game is what they expected from the world. Some really went in expecting GTA-like experience: simulation elements, sandbox and emergent gameplay. ( like holy fuck: recently read 2000 words rant from someone really disappointed romances didn't involve dates, some kind of flirtation/gift system, marriage, sex&living together and whatnot).
I also agree. Although on the other hand that guy maybe didn't play on a base console so.... And let's not forget the game is not 100% finished. For me still the best thing I played.

Anyway, some claims people make are strange.
Why the fuck you need a car customization? You need good AI and interactive world, true, but who changes the colour of their car? In an rpg?

hemo memo

Wow, Daniel Vávra is really fanboying over Cyberpunk.

He even said its better then RDR 2. 😂

I actually agree with him,. RDR 2 became really boring really quickly for me.

He should make GAF account, that would be fun. 😂

“Dont get the hate.” He didn’t play on consoles I see.

Ivory Blood

so note to self for my next run where I'm actually going to be better at crafting apparently you need to have the gun in your possession to craft a better version.

does anyone know why sometimes smart guns feel amazing and other times it feels like they're not doing their job at all?

Also do I need to go to every different repertoire to find all the things that you can implant inside yourself because there's a lot of goddamn ripper docs in this game and I don't know where to find good quality s*** all the time. I feel like I should have everything I've literally done everything on the map but I still have so few iconic weapons I haven't filled a single slot in my apartment. Where is everything hiding in this game?
Here is a guide for all the weapons, mind you that almost every gun on the second wall needs to be crafted, you only get a blueprint.

ozugpqu1wt661.png

One thing I kind of wish game didn't have: automatic language translator ( or whatever it is called). It would be more interesting if it was an implant choice, so sometimes you just have to guess what people are talking about. And in general, more use of multi-language "barks" for random npcs.
Play without subtitles /s

This was originally planned as a feature. Like many things, it was scrapped. What annoys me is that there's no option to turn on subtitles for foreign languages ONLY. Let's say I'm playing in English without cinematic subtitles and all of the sudden there's a dialogue in Japanese that's key to the story and not translated. WTF.

I like this underwater tunnel going from Pacifica to Heywood. Very cool effect.

WglKovZ.jpg

Exentryk

I've just been spending time cleaning out he basic crime activities and side biz stuff. Still in act 2.
Between hacking and my Skippy, nothing is an issue even on very hard.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
holy crap anyone used this mod?

i am gonna try it. i really want to change my hair style.

Gtafans93

I honestly hate how no one give cyberpunk the love it deserves, Yeah there open world needs a fix here and there but like why doesnt anyone talk about the ways to play? How I can tackle any situation a variety of ways? like not even RDR2 or GTAV really allows that with there level design.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i finished off the Delamain quest where you need to hunt down the rogue cars. i liked the Portal easter egg :)

also checked in on Barry but i picked the wrong answer :( when i picked it i thought it might come as a positive way but he told me to fuck off basically and well y'know....

Moriah20

People expected things that CDPR promised, teased, showed.
They promised the next gen of open worlds (this was literally the basis of their request to get money from the polish govt by the way) with npc's on full schedules, cycles.

A game doesn't have to hit rockstar levels of sandbox to have functioning police AI or npc's that have more than 2 reactions to player actions. There isn't even anyone riding a bike in the entirity of Night City lmao. So it actually made me feel super weird riding a bike, because literally everyone else is just driving cars.

Yeah, some comparisons go way too far because rockstar has mastered the small details and thats not a standard that every game needs or should be held to. But CP2077 lacks some very very basic stuff.

"This is an action RPG" - yes, an action RPG where you spend half the playtime talking to people, interacting with things. Almost every main story quest or narrative led side quest is 50% talking, and 50% action. That's fine - this game is very immersive. It's marketed as immersive, and when you're questing, it is. The problem is, the immersion falls apart when you're not actively doing quests, and you don't need to really run around with a magnifying glass to find the flaws or missing features.

Things like... no reason to ever go back to your apartment, not having some sort of an online catalogue to browse cars instead it's dumped in your quest log, despite having proper eating/drinking animations in quests they don't exist in the open world, there's not a single mini game (TW2 had multiple, TW3 had gwent, and those games were definitely not nearly as immersion focusesed as this). Hell, you can't even change your hair style. Again, TW3 had this.

Cyberpunk online is coming eventually, but it's very clear the game's open world will have to evolve A LOT for it to support a decent online experience. It's not too far fetched to imagine that CDPR wants in on the GTA Online party, but in its current state, it simply would not work.

I liked the game overall. I finished all the quests, left some shitty ncpd filler stuff undone, don't really care for them. I think at its best it's up there with some of the best games of the gen. But unfortunately as an overall package it feels like it was put out before it was actually finished. There are cut corners and missing features so glaringly obvious, they even left in the UI element for the 6th attribute they cut.

I’m playing on PS5 and aside from the crashing, which is common on every platform, the game is amazing, visual bugs here and there, but oh no a floating cigarette it’s the worst game ever.
I had 2 crashes on PC in my 220+ hours of playtime. Once during normal gameplay and once during a save load.

Breaking in to Petrochem factory to take some screenshots:

jvbaV67.jpg

TjxZbkV.jpg

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I know its not this game but I would have liked some sort of crime/faction system or something. Would have been cool if they ripped of Shadow of Mordor with the nemisis system.

I go around mercing all these gang members but it doesn't really seem to effect or change anything. All though I did notice one side mission I killed everyone at this restaurant and when I came back there was police tape which was cool.

But it would have been cool if we could take over various corporations, gangs, terrirotry etc.. Buy real estate etc... Unelss I am missing later in the game you get another apartment? Also can you park your stolen cars in your garage and keep them?

I would rather have played as the CEO guys son and go through his journey of taking of the company and becoming king of Night City. Buying up all the penthouses, and corporate take overs.
Honestly this sounds way more interesting than what I played lol

Here is a guide for all the weapons, mind you that almost every gun on the second wall needs to be crafted, you only get a blueprint.

ozugpqu1wt661.png

I actually do have most of these.
I don't remember getting any access key from Adam Smasher tho? That's a big question for me, though... it doesn't feel like I kept everything from that final mission, am I crazy?
Besides that WTF, I'm just an idiot then, I should have everything here besides a couple I must not have realized some of these were Iconic? Or are they not all considered iconic? I'm so confused lol

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

I actually do have most of these.
I don't remember getting any access key from Adam Smasher tho? That's a big question for me, though... it doesn't feel like I kept everything from that final mission, am I crazy?
Besides that WTF, I'm just an idiot then, I should have everything here besides a couple I must not have realized some of these were Iconic? Or are they not all considered iconic? I'm so confused lol
They are all iconic. And you get the black access key from Smasher any time you defeat him in any of the endings. You just need to pick it up from his body, after the game returns you back to before the last mission you keep the key and go to the Ebunike - the ship in the docks you infiltrated with Rogue. There is Smashers vault there in which you can find his smart shotgun.

I noticed that the solar farm outside of the city was vastly reduced in scope from concept art / map that's included with the game.

3evfw7qw83751.png

jpg

This entire area look and feels rather empty now:

8DllIsv.jpg

Wunray

Just beat the game and got the nomad ending, this game is one of the greats, when they eventually fix the game the populace at large will see it too. This truly is the deus ex sequel we're never going to get. After everything is said is done I hope the expansion is about A.I, I get some serious G.O.D vibes from it. Gonna wait for the next 2 big patches to come out before starting another playthrough.

Edit: holy shit though these credits are long been 15 minutes..... fast forwarding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
“Dont get the hate.” He didn’t play on consoles I see.
Yeah, even without performance issues, the crashes sound awful. People talking about having dozens of crashes over their playthrough on PS5... Sucks.

On PC, this has been one of the most stable open world games I've played in recent years. Not a single crash or freeze or anything in over 70 hours.

Top Bottom