• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Won't change anything unfortunately. After the first maybe 30 minutes, all the life paths account to are a few dialogue choices here and there but none of them change anything in the way the quests end.

Which is one of the main things I didn't like : the game sometimes feels like playing a good movie. The illusion of choice is there, just not the choices themselves. Only exception is just before the ending.

This is crap. You can tell who isn't an RPG fan when they tell you your only reward for doing something is more dialogue, you literally learn more about the world and characters based on those lifepath dialogue choices and the idea that nothing extra is ever gained from it is also bunk. There are a lot of opportunities for your life path to alter dialogue. Just another thing people use to attack the game that makes zero sense to me, like this talk about choices, as if there are swaths of games handling choice in a superior fashion. To me you present the illusion of a good argument.

Krisprolls

Banned
This is crap. You can tell who isn't an RPG fan when they tell you your only reward for doing something is more dialogue, you literally learn more about the world and characters based on those lifepath dialogue choices and the idea that nothing extra is ever gained from it is also bunk. There are a lot of opportunities for your life path to alter dialogue. Just another thing people use to attack the game that makes zero sense to me, like this talk about choices, as if there are swaths of games handling choice in a superior fashion. To me you present the illusion of a good argument.

For example, in Witcher 2 you can choose to side with Roche or another character (an elf if I remember correctly), I forgot his name, and it completely changes the next Act. There's no such thing here. The story is extremely linear overall.

Yes, you learn a few things more by choosing differently, but it doesn't change much. And I love RPGs, that's precisely why I didn't like it was so linear.

Last edited:
For example, in Witcher 2 you can choose to side with Roche or another character (an elf if I remember correctly), I forgot his name, and it completely changes the next Act. There's no such thing here. The story is extremely linear overall.

Yes, you learn a few things more by choosing differently, but it doesn't change much. And I love RPGs, that's precisely why I didn't like it was so linear.

Wait, how is the example you're using much different from some of the stuff in Cyberpunk
you have multiple choices of who to do Act III with, you're similarly talking about an Act 2 decision which effects the final act of the game. Are you aware of how differently act 3 can be in CP2077 while saying this?

Krisprolls

Banned
Wait, how is the example you're using much different from some of the stuff in Cyberpunk
you have multiple choices of who to do Act III with, you're similarly talking about an Act 2 decision which effects the final act of the game. Are you aware of how differently act 3 can be in CP2077 while saying this?

Like I said, the ending of the game is the only exception... So yes, but that's not much. I hoped it would diverge more.

And do you disagree with what I said about factions too ? Don't you think the story doesn't get enough in depth involvement with the different factions ?

I was frustrated we didn't spend more time with Animals, Vodoo Boys, Scavengers, Maelstrom, Militech vs Arasaka... I wish we could side with some of them vs others. With some kind of reputation system.

My frustration comes from the fact that the factions themselves are interesting, you'd like to spend more time with them... But the story goes on and goes its own linear way. I still liked the story a lot. I just think there's a lot of untapped potential here. Some of it was part of their marketing actually.

Last edited:
Like I said, the ending of the game is the only exception... So yes, but that's not much. I hoped it would diverge more.

And do you disagree with what I said about factions too ? Don't you think the story doesn't get enough in depth involvement with the different factions ?

I was frustrated we didn't spend more time with Animals, Vodoo Boys, Scavengers, Maelstrom, Militech vs Arasaka... I wish we could side with some of them vs others. With some kind of reputation system.

My frustration comes from the fact that the factions themselves are interesting, you'd like to spend more time with them... But the story goes on and goes its own linear way. I still liked the story a lot. I just think there's a lot of untapped potential here. Some of it was part of their marketing actually.
Your example from Witcher 2 is about the ending, though... Also why is it not much? I could have seen more divergence, too but I always want more of everything, for me the game had a lot still, more than any game with similar production values.

No, I actually brought up how a faction system would enrich the game earlier in the thread. Yeah, I think it's weird all the gangs are just cannon fodder and what you do doesn't matter with them.

Yeah, I agree with all this.

How is the story less linear than anything from CDPR prior, though? They all have pretty set plots with you just changing details.

Krisprolls

Banned
Your example from Witcher 2 is about the ending, though... Also why is it not much? I could have seen more divergence, too but I always want more of everything, for me the game had a lot still, more than any game with similar production values.

No, I actually brought up how a faction system would enrich the game earlier in the thread. Yeah, I think it's weird all the gangs are just cannon fodder and what you do doesn't matter with them.

Yeah, I agree with all this.

How is the story less linear than anything from CDPR prior, though? They all have pretty set plots with you just changing details.

Sure, it's close. But it's 2021, you'd think at some point you'd get more branching paths in our games than 20 years ago. Maybe it's due to the way they overhyped the game themselves.

I agree it's still a very good game anyway, as long as you don't look too much at all the flaws in the open world itself which we already talked about.

And I think Cyberpunk 2 could be glorious if they focus on adding a bit more depth.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
"This is 25% of the overall total players."

And this is not pulling numbers straight out of your ass?...

... How many PS5 or Series S/X are out there? Come the fuck on. Its not even 10% of those 50%. Give me a break.
So, either you didn't read my post where I expressly explained that this was a best guess, or, you didn't understand my post. In either case, you clearly don't understand the concept of statistics. If Cyberpunk 2077 runs on the OG Xbox, Xbox One S, Xbox One SAD, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Slim, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 5 DE, and Xbox Series X, what is the breakdown of players playing on the base consoles? Because we can't determine attach rates thanks to backwards compatibility, we're left to guess. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and handed you the majority; the majority of Cyberpunk 2077 console purchases were for the base machines only. That's 51% of all console players... who make up 50% of the games owners. That's 25%. If the benefit of the doubt - and thus, the majority position - isn't enough for you to make your point, then your position is a fucking joke.

... Situation got so bad with people wanting refunds that Sony took down the game from their stores...
And more hyperbole. Sony does not have a standard refund policy. As a result, when people request a refund, they don't have bulletproof, well versed and practiced policies, procedures, and legalese, unlike Microsoft, who do. Want a refund on Xbox? If your eligible, your eligible; click a button, enjoy your refund. Want a refund on PlayStation? You're speaking with at least one bot and one person and you might get your money back. The situation didn't get "so bad" that Sony had to act; Sony covered up their fucky anti-consumer bullshit by pulling the plug on someone else's game to cover their own corporate ass. Educate yourself.

... Whatch Digital's Foundry video analysis of the game running on base consoles.

If you still "dont get the hate" after watching it, I think that you are either blind or ignorant
I watched the video. I still don't get the hate. Did the hypothetical OG Xbone Cyberpunk owner get a refund it? Cool, they're done then - they got their money back and they have no reason to hate. They didn't accept the refund? Cool, they're done then - they accepted the game in that state, and they have no reason to hate. That is literally the only two positions. Any other position are simply internet fuckwads riding the clickbait hatewagon for all its pitiful worth.

Last edited:
Sure, it's close. But it's 2021, you'd think at some point you'd get more branching paths in our games than 20 years ago. Maybe it's due to the way they overhyped the game themselves.

I agree it's still a very good game anyway, as long as you don't look too much at all the flaws in the open world itself which we already talked about.

And I think Cyberpunk 2 could be glorious if they focus on adding a bit more depth.

I think the DLCs could be better than the game if they're like Witcher 3's. The open world is an issue but it also isn't? For me at least. Like, the missing details with NPCs and police aren't things I noticed when they were present in GTA games and aren't things I noticed being missing here. I have every achievement for doing open world activities like scanner missions and shit but rarely got distracted by these problems because it's not how I play these games. I mean, I'm among the people who will actually stand around and listen to NPCs have a conversation in the game and those details feel neat, though I will also notice you can be 20 hours later in the game and they have that same convo again. Ir's surprising they promised what they did, even games with 1% as many NPCs as this one don't give them all full life paths and daily routines but they expected us to believe the most jammed city in all of gaming would have every NPC following it's own daily routine? Kinda nuts if you ask me. There are things that do bother me, though, because the game comes out and tells me they exist, like this idea I can scan citizens and find they have a bounty on them to cash in on... there's tutorials for this but I've never found a single NPC that has a bounty of any sort. Stuff like that is so lazy and it's so clear how rushed things were.

I think the thing with this game is that it's a bit like our main character, we've got a split personality going on, on one hand the game is one of the best games I've ever played... on the other it's among the most rushed, buggy and early access feeling games I've ever played. V just wants to be a legend and Johnny wants to burn the city to the ground... much like the game wants to be the best you've ever played but also the most broken, unfinished game, too. For me it's both, the bugs frustrate me because I love the game.

Null Persp

nice view up here!

EqsqPdjWMAAorct

harmny

Banned

Indeed and a lot of people hated that. Because you couldn't see everything In one playthrough. The truth is people want agency but also they want to be able to experience everything without consequences. People also hated how the Witcher 3 decides what ending you get. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a design decision based on previous feedback and not only a scope problem.

Krisprolls

Banned
I think the DLCs could be better than the game if they're like Witcher 3's. The open world is an issue but it also isn't? For me at least. Like, the missing details with NPCs and police aren't things I noticed when they were present in GTA games and aren't things I noticed being missing here. I have every achievement for doing open world activities like scanner missions and shit but rarely got distracted by these problems because it's not how I play these games. I mean, I'm among the people who will actually stand around and listen to NPCs have a conversation in the game and those details feel neat, though I will also notice you can be 20 hours later in the game and they have that same convo again. Ir's surprising they promised what they did, even games with 1% as many NPCs as this one don't give them all full life paths and daily routines but they expected us to believe the most jammed city in all of gaming would have every NPC following it's own daily routine? Kinda nuts if you ask me. There are things that do bother me, though, because the game comes out and tells me they exist, like this idea I can scan citizens and find they have a bounty on them to cash in on... there's tutorials for this but I've never found a single NPC that has a bounty of any sort. Stuff like that is so lazy and it's so clear how rushed things were.

I think the thing with this game is that it's a bit like our main character, we've got a split personality going on, on one hand the game is one of the best games I've ever played... on the other it's among the most rushed, buggy and early access feeling games I've ever played. V just wants to be a legend and Johnny wants to burn the city to the ground... much like the game wants to be the best you've ever played but also the most broken, unfinished game, too. For me it's both, the bugs frustrate me because I love the game.

That's actually a great analogy.

This game is a flawed gem to me, it should have been an absolute masterpiece, but somewhere along the line, somebody asked for it to be rushed and released, so some things stayed in an unfinished state. Nothing that can't be improved later though.

Hinedorf

Banned
Put 75+ hours into the game and finished it for the most part. Would agree with the term 'flawed gem' as there's so much awesome stuff to the game you just have to ignore/disregard so many pathetic bugs. Game could've been a GotY contender with 1-2 years cleanup but that's what it could've been.

Couple non spoilery gripes - Dialogue to action is like peaks and valleys of one or the other and the dialogue sequences can become so incredibly dragged out there were times I'd alt-f4 just because I had other shit to do with my life and couldn't stop/save.

Impression I get is that the main story was cut short or several missions moved to side missions as opposed to proper story due to time limitations, it's odd there's so much meat in this game that's just completely separate from the primary focus of the story

Would've been much better to pick either gun type, hacker type, cool type and let you play with maxed stats and build on other traits as fun stuff like hacking you don't really get a chance to see the worth of it till you're uber in it. I have yet to get tired of dropping a contagion on a group and watch it do a mass killing but why it took SO LONG to get to that point the game was basically over, would've been great to actually utilize the skills throughout the game.

Mozzarella

That's actually a great analogy.

This game is a flawed gem to me, it should have been an absolute masterpiece, but somewhere along the line, somebody asked for it to be rushed and released, so some things stayed in an unfinished state. Nothing that can't be improved later though.
There is something weird and unusual about this game launch, im like 85% certain that something behind the scenes happened with it.
The issues that are in the game---> like it impossible, literally impossible for testers and devs to not notice them.
I dont know what happened but there must be some reason behind it. Perhaps we may know after a year or two.

I like the game overall, and i think its a good game but some issues are glaring, obvious, cannot be defended. I am a Witcher 3 fan, i love that game and its one of my all time favorites, i can offer a solid defense arguments for it, almost for all of it, and im convinced with them. When it comes to Cyberpunk 2077 I cannot do the same, some critiques and issues are beyond defending.

What comes next months for this game is going to be interesting, 2021 is going to be an important year for CDPR future.

I finished the game 5 days ago, now im waiting for some patches and free add-ons to customize my V and then i will go back to finish some of the "?" on the map. Then i will take another break until a big DLC comes out and will do a 2nd playthrough from start with the DLC.

Indeed and a lot of people hated that. Because you couldn't see everything In one playthrough. The truth is people want agency but also they want to be able to experience everything without consequences. People also hated how the Witcher 3 decides what ending you get. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a design decision based on previous feedback and not only a scope problem.
Honestly, CDPR should have just made their games the way they intended them to be made, by listening to the achievement stats they decided to shorten the main story of Cyberpunk and as a result the lifepaths got to be shallow and half backed experience. Game Designer and any Film Director/Writer/Artist etc.. should not appeal to the lowest common denominator and instead they should put their work based on their vision. Changes should be made based on reasonable and necessary demands and not some stats of your average player who probably doesnt care to actually invest in them. I get they may make more money but imo the first priority should always be to make good work that will be remembered as something legendary, that should be the inspiration of every ambitious and respectful creator.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Honestly, CDPR should have just made their games the way they intended them to be made, by listening to the achievement stats they decided to shorten the main story of Cyberpunk and as a result the lifepaths got to be shallow and half backed experience. Game Designer and any Film Director/Writer/Artist etc.. should not appeal to the lowest common denominator and instead they should put their work based on their vision. Changes should be made based on reasonable and necessary demands and not some stats of your average player who probably doesnt care to actually invest in them. I get they may make more money but imo the first priority should always be to make good work that will be remembered as something legendary, that should be the inspiration of every ambitious and respectful creator.

Yes but they clearly wanted to grow and do something massive in the market and to do that you do need to make something for the casuals too. And that Is a difficult balance for a narrative driven game with player agency. People liked the walking dead until they found out later than you really didnt have any agency in Telltale games. Look at games now and you'll see that as production value goes up player agency goes down.

Not many people actually finished tw3 so you don't want to make content that only 30% of people will play. Also. Every time your story branches out even less people are going to play that content.

I love tw2 but I remember recommending the game to some people and when I told them that act 2 was completely different depending on what you choose they were pissed. Because there was no way they were going to play the game again.

I think in this day and age you can't simply make a game like the Witcher 2 and aim to sell 10 million copies day 1.

At the end of the way the balance they found with the Witcher 3 clearly worked. But I really don't think cyberpunk is that much different to be honest. It does have less content though. And it's broken for many people

Last edited:

JayK47

As I said earlier I beat the game. I plan to come back and do other play throughs after patches and mods. I had a single crash on PC before I updated my video drivers and not a single crash after that. That is impressive for any game. I would go hours and not save because I got comfortable knowing it was stable. There were a decent amount of glitches. Some would not go away without a restart, but did not prevent progress. Just some graphical glitch that would get annoying. One common glitch was being stuck on zoom after getting off a motorcycle. My main disappointment was probably the main story and the ho-hum ending. Had a blast with side content. And the cars are so well done. Just a great looking game and so much detail. The glitches reminded me I was playing a game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the volume mixing in this game is awful. i can't hear the radio even when adjusting the volumes in the settings. ok yeah i can hear it but it's so quiet and muffled. i was so excited about the soundtrack and i can hardly make it out :( it's not my PC/speakers i've messed about with them too. every other game is clear.

2AdEPT

Well. I have to say I've officially got the Roy batty bug. ANy time I try to reload a save in the city after getting sunshine in the badlands .....it gors back to pouring rain. this virus even affects old saves so that if I try to reload me riding into the city in the sunshine for example, it turns my OLD save into rainy weather!!!!! This obviously is bugged and it isnt likely intended owing to the Roy Btty experience. Ive certainly seen things you people would not beleive now for sure!

On another note, in order of appearance, the easiest 3 layer breach ever, CDPR are the people responsible for the obelisks around the earth (Legendary eyeware with three slots if you scum enough so worth it to find), and the most ridiculous looking motrocycle yet.

Dg3AShu.jpg
6KjM5II.jpg
4152K7Y.jpg

Hugare

I've just finished "The Hunt", and it was the best quest in any game that Ive played since ... The Witcher 3

Shit was awesome from start to finish. Amazing writting, presentation, characters ...
Gameplay was also great, with the best use of braindance so far.

Creepiness factor was through the roof. It was like playing "Se7en: the videogame".

Best sidequest in the game so far by a LARGE margin

The amount of content in this game is just crazy. This is a game where the sum of its parts really matters.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the updates fixed the worst.
It's not even about the bugs. It's how the game looks. The pop-in that breaks immersion at every street corner. The low resolution that hides all the detail. The narrow field of view that won't let you truly appreciate the city. The framerate that sucks any enjoyment out of combat...

Seriously, it's not worth it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I just bought the game on Series X. Couldn't wait anymore. Pray for me and low bug counts.
it's the best way to play the game on consoles right now so there's that at least...

seen a lot of people enjoying it on Series X. it's Playstation (all consoles) and the Xbox One S that are struggling.

anyway, the game is only gonna get better. there is a big update this month and another in february. then of course you'll get the proper update that makes use of the XSX hardware.

Makariel

I'm not sure what you mean by "extremely linear", since the end of the game can be very different depending on what you do in the game. Two of the options I had at the end were only available because of earlier side gigs I did and decisions made there. Also some early game choices affect later game missions, for example in Second Conflict:
I had killed most of the Maestromers in the early game mission The Pickup, killing Royce and everyone else in the vicinity. Thus a new boss Patricia was leading me into a trap I had to shoot my way out of. A friend of mine had saved Brick in the early game in the Pickup, and he could just get Nancy out no problem, no shots fired.
And that's just one example on the top of my head. If that's still what you would call "doesn't change much", we seem to have very different ideas what this term means.

I'm not sure what you mean by "extremely linear"
I think when most people say extremely linear they refer to the feeling that your character is just a passenger and the main story for the most part indeed is like a train on rails.

You can't shake that feeling, no matter what. If the game wants something to happen in a specific way during main mission, it will happen and you can do fuck all about it. You must perform this action. No, you can't kill that character. No, there's no other way option to approach this problem.

I had this feeling multiple times during my time with the game but I think the worst offender is the plot in Pacifica with Voodoo Boys:

You must allow Placide to jack in
You must go to Grand Imperial Mall or you won't see Brigitte
You must agree on Brigitte terms or the game won't progress
You can only kill Brigitte / Placide when the game decides they are disposable and their role in the plot is fulfilled

And on and on and on...

Last edited:

Makariel

I had this feeling multiple times during my time with the game but I think the worst offender is the plot in Pacifica with Voodoo Boys:

You must allow Placide to jack in
You must go to Grand Imperial Mall or you won't see Brigitte
You must agree on Brigitte terms or the game won't progress
You can only kill Brigitte / Placide when the game decides they are disposable and their role in the plot is fulfilled

And on and on and on...
You must allow Placide to jack in fair enough, but at the end of the Mall you can decide to side with Netwatch and get the Voodoo Boys by the balls. In this case you "agreeing" to Brigitte's terms has a different context and is just a ruse to get what you want. In this case Brigitte and her Netrunners are dead by the time you wake up from your chat with Alt, which makes life easier and you can loot their gear before sneaking out. You can then still decide to sneak past Placide, or do like I did: mantis blade his ass and wear his coat on your way out as thank you gift for forcing you to plug in.
So if that is indeed the worst offender, then it isn't actually that bad ;-)

Krisprolls

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean by "extremely linear", since the end of the game can be very different depending on what you do in the game. Two of the options I had at the end were only available because of earlier side gigs I did and decisions made there. Also some early game choices affect later game missions, for example in Second Conflict:
I had killed most of the Maestromers in the early game mission The Pickup, killing Royce and everyone else in the vicinity. Thus a new boss Patricia was leading me into a trap I had to shoot my way out of. A friend of mine had saved Brick in the early game in the Pickup, and he could just get Nancy out no problem, no shots fired.
And that's just one example on the top of my head. If that's still what you would call "doesn't change much", we seem to have very different ideas what this term means.

Main story and quests don't really change, but yes there are a couple of minor examples of changes like this one, mostly with the Maelstrom gang. I just hoped it would be more than that.

The ending just has 2 more options depending on if you finished Panam's quests and Johnny's quests, and that's all

Last edited:

Makariel

Main story and quests don't really change, but yes there are a couple of minor examples of changes like this one, mostly with the Maelstrom gang. I just hoped it would be more than that.

The ending just has 2 more options depending on if you finished Panam's quests and Johnny's quests, and that's all
You can have effectively 6 different endings. That's way more than most games tbh and the "main" endings are very different indeed. It's a massive game as it is, and adding much more choice would have added even more complexity to an already complex game. I don't think that it would have come out before 2077 if they would have added even more choice ;)

You must allow Placide to jack in fair enough, but at the end of the Mall you can decide to side with Netwatch and get the Voodoo Boys by the balls. In this case you "agreeing" to Brigitte's terms has a different context and is just a ruse to get what you want. In this case Brigitte and her Netrunners are dead by the time you wake up from your chat with Alt, which makes life easier and you can loot their gear before sneaking out. You can then still decide to sneak past Placide, or do like I did: mantis blade his ass and wear his coat on your way out as thank you gift for forcing you to plug in.
So if that is indeed the worst offender, then it isn't actually that bad ;-)
It's extremely bad for a RPG. Compare it to something like New Vegas. It's pathetic to be honest.

Luckily there are other aspects in the game that make it fun for role play.

This is not true at all. Nothing you do in the game besides one quest changes the endings. The Maelstron is the absolute singular exception in the whole game where it has a branching storyline. Everything else in the main story has no impact besides new dialogue lines. You can have any ending you want regardless of what you did prior to that. It's basically the A B C D E choice of endings. I love the game but anyone claiming it's an rpg or your choices matter are lying, just as CDPR did.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
It’s pretty clear the different factions were supposed to play a greater part in the game. They even forgot to remove a Maelstrom weapon vendor in the meat factory that you can still glitch your way to and have a chat.

I would Imagine the original idea being able to do missions for them booting your rep romancing Dum Dum and having them as a option for the ending.

scalman

There are no real choices in game and dialogs options doesnt matter really yes its just illusion, but i learned that early in game and accepted it. Then its shame that your story doesnt cross at all trauma team or even police, like there are no missions with them or against nothing like that, seems like some things where cut from game maybe , who knows. I still enoying gameplay even on second play doing things maybe slightly differently or more precise as i know how to do some stuff there.

Reactions: KO7

2AdEPT

Where did you get this bike?
Oh its not mine...unfortunately I cant guarantee it would still be there, but a blue club mission was flashing as I was approaching Heywood from the southern badlands via a paciifca overpass. I killed about 4-5 criminals and there were three bikes there, this being one...the picture doesnt do it justice...those tires were superman blue LOL. the location must have been somewhere around pacifica stadium?

Finally! Spent the best part of the last few days biking around the badlands and city alike trying to get the complete Legendary Netrunner suit, unfortunately I had to look up where to find more than one of the pieces, the game is just too big folks and the pieces are all over the map. It took a community to find all the pieces, one person could not do it since lauch all by themselves. Not only does it look sweet as it MATCHES, but I save scummed each piece to ensure I got three or four mod slots; further down I had to fast travel to badlands and then back to get sun to appear...if I die or reload the rai is back...at least i ahve to power to choose whether it rains or not in teh city!!LOL....V was drying off her new suit in the sun before searching the water for anything at all, zero items in the water so far but she found something on the shore!!!:

nPCMdj6.jpg
1ejCBBh.jpg
OXvPyfM.jpg
ywANUg5.jpg
h7JWvwG.jpg

mNrjOyo.jpg

Did anyone do the Gutierrez quest where you get the husband his cheques back? SPOilers below. It Doesnt end well for NIna...just one of the random things you can find in this game ....its not linked to the quest at all....I was just trying to find stuff under water and climbed up on shore under a bridge. She has a shard on her explaining that her husband wanted to meet her near the bridge LOL.
RRfewuo.jpg

I had just got out of the water and was climbing up from below deck and what sign do I see? Reminded me about the last one I saw like this when climbing up high!!!!

sZ38MCT.jpg
NUba4Ll.jpg

Last edited:
It's not even about the bugs. It's how the game looks. The pop-in that breaks immersion at every street corner. The low resolution that hides all the detail. The narrow field of view that won't let you truly appreciate the city. The framerate that sucks any enjoyment out of combat...

Seriously, it's not worth it.
If the XSX is on par with PS5 then there are little to no pop-ups. Resolution is great, unlocked FPS so it’s smooth no matter the situation.

edit: I saw your other post nvm

Last edited:

2AdEPT

It’s normal, no extra reward for this, or the Tarot quest.
Well you do get Misty's dream catcher for the Tarot quest i think...it automatically gets put on the wall by your bed. The only reason I think I know this is I seem to recall finding it in my inventory with an exclaimation mark on it...all exclamation marks are quest related...but yeah I feel...YAY...a dream catcher.

Last edited:

KO7

I just bought the game on Series X. Couldn't wait anymore. Pray for me and low bug counts.

Pro-tip from someone also on XsX: Eventually when you encounter the bug of missing NPC voiceover audio and other ambient city sound effects, exit out to the dashboard and manually “quit” the game and restart. A few times I may have also needed to restart the console as well.

Other than that bug, I’ve REALLY enjoyed this game and I think it already looks gorgeous pre-next gen patch. One of my favs all-time around 60 hours in, with the last Act left to go and a few side gigs left to finish off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom