• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
275 hours in this game, AND I NEED NEW GAME PLUS! Im not going to start all over again just so i can get the mods i had the last time around!
probably get NG+ as a free DLC. they done it for Witcher 3.

it didn't come out for ~3 months after release though so have fun waiting :p

Last edited:
I just finished up a mission with Judy and when we left the building at the end it was raining and I was so excited because I figured I would just do a little bit of cleanup on the map and just explore the city in the nice rain, and almost immediately it crashed, reloaded the save and it was sunny.

sad jim carrey GIF

Widow maker gun, i think it is called. Charged shots penetrate walls, not sure about regular. Figured that out after a good while tbh. You can wipe out the whole hideout without being in any danger.
Shit I was under an impression that tech weapons penetrate walls by default. 😳

I ignored tech weapons for 200 hours but today I found a legendary crafting spec for Militech Power Rifle and it's a fucking beast.

I think I will reset my perk points and specialize in it.

cryptoadam

Banned
Widow maker gun, i think it is called. Charged shots penetrate walls, not sure about regular. Figured that out after a good while tbh. You can wipe out the whole hideout without being in any danger.

All you need is a tech weapon. There are perks in Technical Ability skill tree that make it better though.

Cool. I already uave widow maker its my main gun. I thought the charge only does a headshot though. Gonna test it out.

Will check out the skill tree.

Gonna start pinging fools and blasting them through walls.

cryptoadam

Banned
I ignored tech weapons for 200 hours but today I found a legendary crafting spec for Militech Power Rifle and it's a fucking beast.

I think I will reset my perk points and specialize in it.
You can reset your perk points ?

I havent touched crafting weapons and have no idea if i have any blue prints.

I have a feeling im going to finish this game and find 50 things i never knew about lol

I have a feeling im going to finish this game and find 50 things i never knew about lol
Even after 220 hours I'm finding out about new stuff.

For example today I realized that even though weapon attachments look the same in your inventory, scopes etc. can have different colors. 😳 UI in this game is super shit and I honestly can't comprehend why it's not clearly visible.

Or this one. If you kill an enemy and them shoot him when he's on the ground you get extra XP. This works even if enemy is not moving and looks dead. 😳

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Something I really appreciate about this game is that if you have to go somewhere with someone, they often drive unlike every other open world game where the person you just met tosses you the keys to their car and says, hey you drive.
Yeah, and driving is not a big part of the game. It's why it doesn't bother me that the driving isn't that great, because you really only do it in a handful of missions, it's mostly just how you get around and you can easily walk/fast travel instead.

cryptoadam

Banned
someone said that you can get a cyberware where the enemies shoot them.

Where do I get it? Do I have to get a certain level or find a specific netrunner shop? Or is it a perk?

Snaven Shake

Neo Member
Yeah, and driving is not a big part of the game. It's why it doesn't bother me that the driving isn't that great, because you really only do it in a handful of missions, it's mostly just how you get around and you can easily walk/fast travel instead.
I would tend to disagree with this sentiment. I would go so far as to say driving is pretty integral to this game. The best part about the city is being able to experience it. Fast travelling from location to location does the game (and yourself for that matter) a huge disservice. Sure, you can also run from A to B, which I often do, but when something is 1 KM+ away, driving is the way to go. Just because it isn't required for completion of most missions doesn't mean it isn't how a big chunk of your time playing will be spent if you are trying to maximize your experience.

Last edited:
275 hours in this game, AND I NEED NEW GAME PLUS! Im not going to start all over again just so i can get the mods i had the last time around!
How does one have so many hours of playtime when I'm almost 100% the game clocking at 61 hours, I only have the gigs and NCPD side hustles left of outside the city and I have my plat.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
How does one have so many hours of playtime when I'm almost 100% the game clocking at 61 hours, I only have the gigs and NCPD side hustles left of outside the city and I have my plat.
Multiple play throughs. Wish I can lose my memory so I can play it fresh again.

Wow, so there is only one of these? I thought I was still in the early stages of the main mission, but I guess it's almost over... Sad times

Not necessarily one more mission but it's still a point of no return for a reason. Technically the game will set you back in its world prior to doing that mission when it's done if you're worried.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I would tend to disagree with this sentiment. I would go so far as to say driving is pretty integral to this game. The best part about the city is being able to experience it. Fast travelling from location to location does the game (and yourself for that matter) a huge disservice. Sure, you can also run from A to B, which I often do, but when something is 1 KM+ away, driving is the way to go. Just because it isn't required for completion of most missions doesn't mean it isn't how a big chunk of your time playing will be spent if you are trying to maximize your experience.
Driving in Cyberpunk is what horse riding was in Witcher. I mean it's there, it's the main way you get around, but it isn't meat and potatoes the way it is in GTA.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Divided we Stand smart assault rifle + legendary smart hands + 60% crit chance and +180% crit damage just melts everything. I dont even have to aim lmao.

Top Bottom